Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343339 times)

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1815 on: June 23, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »
Team profiles

Sylvie – A former member of the shadowy NESTS organization, whose modified body allows her to unleash electrical attacks on opponents. While those powers are deadly on their own, what makes her so dangerous is the fact that she’s as nutty as a fruitcake. Apologies, they call that “being quirky” nowadays right? Just look at her crazy eyeball-themed outfit and completely unpredictable attacks!

Kukri – The mysterious hooded underground fighter whose gritty personality compliments his ability to wield sand. I mean, just imagine fighting someone who constantly attacks with pocket sand and multiply that by a thousand to get Kukri.

Mian – She turns every fight into a performance worthy of the Chinese Opera. She’s skilled at Bian Lian — the art of face-changing — and her attacks involve a lot of graceful and vigorous dance moves.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/06/king-fighters-xiv-official-invitation-team-gameplay-trailer#oXxg3HHaQbB5htl8.99
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:28:23 PM by videoman190 »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 23, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »
Doesn't look like Mian is a stance character to me.

It looks like Sylvie has the potential for deadly setups involving her Climax DM.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 23, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »
Mian is so cool, fantastic design and slick fighting style.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: June 23, 2016, 08:38:13 PM »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 24, 2016, 03:29:10 AM »
Bios are up on the website:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/teams/officialinvi.php

They're quite well-written and interesting to read. There's a name drop in Kukri's profile that's got me curious...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 24, 2016, 03:55:21 AM »
I'm loving the last few trailers to XIV. Latest one finally shows off some great combo potential with Sylvie, though I hope it's not all corner combos outside of Rush combos. Mian looks to be like a great spiritual successor to Shion with an elegant Chinese style, and being more fluid in animation than the rest of the cast. I woul've hoped the masks lended something towards stances, but still very visually appealing. Lore-wise, love Sylive and Kukri's profiles, and how most of what's known of him is second-hand information.

If next week is Team Mexico, can't wait to see Ramon, and more detail on Angel.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: June 24, 2016, 06:40:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upLOFSTZ7bo

So here are Maximilian's thoughts on the game. I guess this will boost sales a little :)

I kinda liked when he was told how the combo's work. For me, KOF's combo system makes more sense than SF's...
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1822 on: June 24, 2016, 07:36:41 AM »
Here are our thoughts on the Team Official Invitation trailer:

! No longer available
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 24, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »
I'm still watching but I disagree with Deadly Rave Neo's Kukri Analysis. They showed his EX air heel drop does not combo from his jump attack when canceled into, meaning that it is somewhat slow, so it looks scary (and probably retains overhead) but we can probably learn to react to it in due time. His teleport is ok but also slow (long start up good recovery), the big threat is EX version which is still somewhat slow looking but has enough hit stun to be comboed off of and seems to push toward Kukri on hit, which is what makes it scary since he can choose his spot to reappear making it good for mix ups. But rather than a straight up mixup rush character I currently see him as a hit and run character who can confuse thanks to his teleport and trajectory changing jump attacks. But take this with a grain of salt as I have yet to play the game, so I can only visually analyze the game.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 24, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »
Is Mian a stance character, although it was difficult to notice as it wasn't clear. She did have one stance atleast which you can clearly see. Her mask turned a different colour far to many times, some during combos others during DM, EXDM and her climax moves.

I think they should of showed us her basic fighting style more than show us combos.

Seems like a decent tricky character to use.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 24, 2016, 09:14:08 AM »
IGN recently released a couple of KOF XIV gameplay videos and that somehow flew under my radar.

Gotta say, I'm surprised. I never figured IGN would give KOF the time of day aside from a general trailer or two.

Here's the videos. They're not very good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4TIcQh_PD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf6xf3p_m3c

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: June 24, 2016, 09:26:55 AM »
Why such a big player in video game journalism would still release their gameplay videos in 30 FPS?

Anyways, hard to say is she a stance character. She could be, as that would be something special in character roster, but on the hand XIV is slightly easier to learn, so she could be "normal" character and mask changing is just cosmetic.

Personally I wish different masks could do something different, but maybe the next demo build or move list release gives us some answers.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 24, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »
If mian's stance switch was cosmetic only that would suck. Besides we already have characters that are on the easier side to pickup and play. It wouldn't hurt to have advanced characters to learn.

But yeah, roll on movelist to see what Mian is really about.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 24, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »
New screenshots

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:10:34 PM by videoman190 »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 24, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »
Nice pics dude.

I've watched the new trailer again & from what I could gather so far.

Her main stance is her official picture mask, she stands on one foot. Her other stance involves the use of a white mask. That I think is correct. She has at least 2 fighting styles.

In that pic from videoman190, is that a fan she is attacking with? WTF

That fan isn't in her basic stance either. It looks like a neutral stance too, WOW.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:57:09 PM by shinefist »