Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343429 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1830 on: June 24, 2016, 02:35:35 PM »
Although Mian looks much more like a normal woman than what I expected and looks like she is not an stance character, I really liked her. Her dancing moves flow is graceful and she looks fast, tricky and a rushdown character. Just what I like :D Also she uses a fan and fire attacks sometimes.. I think she will be definitely in my new team.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:36:47 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: June 24, 2016, 03:23:18 PM »

I think they should of showed us her basic fighting style more than show us combos.

I agree as well. I am a bit confused by the trailer. It doest really give me any information on her moves, im more interested in footsies, mixups and  basic moves.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: June 24, 2016, 05:42:25 PM »

4Gamer Interviews Oda, Yuji Kobayashi and Neo_G
http://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031749/20160613002/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:48:27 PM by videoman190 »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: June 24, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »

I think they should of showed us her basic fighting style more than show us combos.

I agree as well. I am a bit confused by the trailer. It doest really give me any information on her moves, im more interested in footsies, mixups and  basic moves.

I guess we are all confused until we see more from her.

@shiranui_ninja You will see her doing moves with a white mask and different moves with her standard mask.
In the trailer she switches mask whilst doing the corner combo. But you never know, what if your correct and the mask changes depending on the attacks she does.

I'm going on the fact of the games leak, which was quite accurate.

There's also a picture of Mian jumping upward and she has the white mask on. Other times she jumps and has the standard mask on.

That's an interesting interview videoman190.. 2 very long pages to decipher.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:57:11 PM by shinefist »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: June 24, 2016, 06:06:02 PM »
From what we saw in the trailer is like she changes her mask while she fights. Not if she could do different combos or stuff depending on the mask, because it changes all the time. I don't know. We sure need to check out her movelist, normal moves, command moves, etc. But judging for the trailer it doesn't seem to be a stance character to me... You never see a different stance, she is always in the same neutral pose, which is very similar to her render's pose. But yes, the leak was very accurate on everything. So, let's see. I could be wrong.

Very interesting interview, with pictures of online menu screens.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: June 24, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »
I still think Mian isn't a stance character. She merely switches masks with every special move she does.

I agree as well. I am a bit confused by the trailer. It doest really give me any information on her moves, im more interested in footsies, mixups and  basic moves.

They're allowing us to discover things for ourselves.

What's the fun in having these details given to us beforehand?

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: June 24, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »
Well, at least the pictures in the interview look nice. It sure seems that Meitenkun and Shun'ei are the heroes of this saga. I wonder will this Ron sub plot be resolved finally?

Too bad the Google translate said that page is written in English. Well, let's wait for general translation.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: June 24, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »
@Shiranui_ninja Yeah that's true, you only see a regular stance, the white mask only appears in the middle of certain moves.

@marchefelix True also mate. Well we've been spoiled a lot already. But there's still tons to learn about the way the game works properly. I feel there is so much new stuff to learn in this game regardless of what we know. It will still take us time to learn the characters at a good standard, especially when there are 50 characters.

Wonder when they will release the 48 character build.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:53:52 PM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: June 24, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »

Is this a stance? Looks similar to what Xiaoyu from Tekken and Helena from DOA use.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: June 24, 2016, 07:51:04 PM »
While the leak has been accurate, there may be some things that changed from the initial planning. Maybe they intended to have her use different stances but wanted to use several masks, and couldn't find a good way to give her several stances to match the masks she wears.

Another less interesting idea, she may be a stance character but the visual change in stance may only be her mask, normals and specials could be changed but the base stance is the same with a different mask.

One last thing to take into account, when thinking of a stance character in 2d or 2.5d fighters, who is it you think of? Are you thinking Gen or May Lee with 2 stances that have complete sets of normals and specials? Or a character more like Chin, Jhun, or NGBC Hotaru Where the stances are essentially special moves with a number of alternate follow ups (and movement options)? Considering several stances I think of SXT Lei who I don't think panned out all that well.

For whatever it's worth I don't think Mian is a stance character, but was probably planned as one.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: June 24, 2016, 09:58:50 PM »
Atlus is streaming on twitch right now from CEO. AtlusUSA
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: June 24, 2016, 10:26:29 PM »
Not sure about that stance custle. Looks to smooth to tell.

Jumping with standard mask

standard mask stance I think

White mask stance maybe

There is another pic at the top of this page of mian jumping with the white mask on. So maybe possible she has a different stance I hope.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: June 25, 2016, 12:28:51 AM »
Spotted the orochi symbol on the stage of the team that could be the new "new face team", lightning (sylvie), earth (kukri/ wind maybe too) and fire (Mian spits fire)
https://t.co/TBr5P1caHi
Could Kukri be Orochis host in KOFXIV?! Is his form the final boss?

The more i rant on the more sense it makes
https://mobile.twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/746471221836013568?p=v

If i get this right then i figured out both bosses xD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:39:29 AM by The Good Loser »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: June 25, 2016, 04:12:09 AM »
Quite possible The Good Loser. Kukri also wears a hooded cloak like saiki's clan do? But it is strange how the special invitation team seem to have extreme elemental powers, as did the main orochi members who resurrected orochi.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: June 25, 2016, 08:02:41 AM »
Haha, we talked about the Kukri thing sometime ago on Twitter. Personally I think they probably aren't trying to resurrect Orochi in this saga, they are just references to the past sagas. But who knows, August can't come sooner :)

Just for funs, what is the first thing you do when you get new KOF game? I play the arcade mode with Fatal Fury team first. I don't know why.