Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343476 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1845 on: June 26, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »
Haha, we talked about the Kukri thing sometime ago on Twitter. Personally I think they probably aren't trying to resurrect Orochi in this saga, they are just references to the past sagas. But who knows, August can't come sooner :)

Just for funs, what is the first thing you do when you get new KOF game? I play the arcade mode with Fatal Fury team first. I don't know why.

Play one ranked match, complete the tutorial then head into trials mode with geese. In that order.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 27, 2016, 05:16:09 AM »

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:17:00 PM by videoman190 »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 27, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »
Just for funs, what is the first thing you do when you get new KOF game? I play the arcade mode with Fatal Fury team first. I don't know why.

Fatal Fury team is a good testing team. Everybody knows pretty much how they will play and they are a good way to test the differences in the new title (i.e. speed, connecting combos, feel of hitboxes). Once you get a good grasp how the game feels then you can branch out into other players. If you watched the early streams of the Japanese players most of them were doing this with Kyo and Iori. We all got pissed because we all saw the same couple of characters, but they just wanted to get a feel of the game. I also do this with Ryu in every Street Fighter game.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: June 28, 2016, 02:58:43 AM »
http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/06/kofxiv-singapore-footage
Gunsmith is taking user questions for Oda at the Japan expo in July.

KOFXIV will be on the TV show e-Sports MAX which centered on various competitive games.
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10197.html

CallMeTetris

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: June 28, 2016, 03:00:48 AM »
Anyone know where in the twitch archives the CEO exhibition tourneys are?

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: June 28, 2016, 03:12:58 AM »
Anyone know where in the twitch archives the CEO exhibition tourneys are?

you can find em here.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Tung's CDM!
« Reply #1852 on: June 28, 2016, 04:04:00 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 28, 2016, 07:19:45 AM »

Fatal Fury team is a good testing team. Everybody knows pretty much how they will play and they are a good way to test the differences in the new title (i.e. speed, connecting combos, feel of hitboxes). Once you get a good grasp how the game feels then you can branch out into other players. If you watched the early streams of the Japanese players most of them were doing this with Kyo and Iori. We all got pissed because we all saw the same couple of characters, but they just wanted to get a feel of the game. I also do this with Ryu in every Street Fighter game.

Haha, I remember one Japanese stream, where they would pick Neo Esaka stage all the time.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 28, 2016, 10:07:10 AM »
^ Some people are that anal retentive about testing on the same stage because certain stages have more/less distance then other stages.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 28, 2016, 12:25:03 PM »
^ Some people are that anal retentive about testing on the same stage because certain stages have more/less distance then other stages.

Is that so? In 13 all stages are equally long and i'd expect for snk to stick to that aswell as equal health for all characters etc.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 28, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »
As a viewer, I would be bored if I had to watch and listen same song for hour or more. Like watching XIII's competetive matches, I don't know is there a stage that is most common pick, but I think Arashi no Saxophone 2 is the most common song you hear....

I think that stages in KOF in general have equal lenght, at least I haven't noticed. I kinda like interactive stages (stage hazards) in fighters (especially 3D-fighters), but hard to say do they work in 2D-fighters.

World Heroes had them, but never played enough to see were they good idea. There also was One Must Fall 2097 and I thought they were fantastic, especially the Desert stage. Imagine, huge robots fighting in a desert and sometimes fighter jets come and do strafing runs. That blew my mind when I was a kid.

Equal health... Never knew that was a thing, until I started following SFV. I guess that makes sense, but I don't know, characters already move and behave differently, so is that necessary?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 28, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »
Real bout 1 has ring outs and that's cool. All playable characters have equal health in kof and imo that's a good thing. It's a good starting point for balance, unlike street fighters variable health and damage wich makes everything a mess where A comepensates for B but what about Q?

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 28, 2016, 04:16:19 PM »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 28, 2016, 06:35:26 PM »
Special intro or draw game?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja