Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343405 times)

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1965 on: July 13, 2016, 10:03:33 PM »
I knew Yuri's clothes rip in AOF but apparently Kasumi's do as well? I never knew that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJt__m-Aks8

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 14, 2016, 04:24:30 AM »
Now every team member (no bosses) command list are now released!
http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/command/

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: July 14, 2016, 07:21:55 AM »
Okay, some notes.

- Is Mian stance character? She has two follow up moves that can be done in air. I'd say probably not, but I have to personally try her out.

- Geese seemed intresting. New rekka (?) type move, super Reppuken, super Counter and Raging Storm has simplified command. I know pretzel was iconic, but I personally welcome this change. Although pretzel motion kinda made sense, what Geese was doing in the move.

- Zarina seemed kinda basic, I really hope I enjoy playing her.

- Xanadu has intresting move names. Maybe he is wise person?

- Tung has full motion based move set. Charge motion made sense Sho Ha, but I'm not complaining.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 14, 2016, 07:47:57 AM »
Personally I thought it was obvious from the start that Mian wasn't a stance character. That's just a theory many fans pushed because it made sense with her concept.

The aerial follow-ups are her Dr. Doom dive kicks. If by the chance anyone thought those would be stances, I'd say aerial stances are a pretty wild concept.

Xanadu has very interesting move names.

Gang-Il has stomp rekkas. That alone will make me use him more than Kim.

Nothing that indicates to Love Heart's fighting style.

Kensou has his old moveset back. With his giant fireball.

Alice has rekkas and I didn't expect that.

I'm not too sure how to feel about Geese. The fact that he has only one of his classic DMs and that it's his Climax makes me a little sad. I would've liked Deadly Rave back. His new rekkas I also find odd. Why couldn't they just stick to his Jaiken?

Meitenkun is half a charge character. I might not use him as much because of it. Might...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:49:32 AM by marchefelix »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: July 14, 2016, 10:42:36 AM »
Mian is not a stance character :(. Her move list is interesting, yes she can move forward or backward even in the air via a special move and perform one of four attacks. Im just guessing here but perhaps these moves can hit low, mid or high and linked into other specials or even themselves. Sounds like a real refreshing & intreaguing style SNK has came up with.

Im impressed with Gang Il I feel people who liked kim in 02 will take to him nicely because of his rekka kicks.

Alice sounds interesting and her being a character with follow ups is suprising.

Geese's movelist I'm liking alot, counters galore, dm EXdm counter's! yes please. His dm projectile hits them when they are knocked down too, see the trailer finishing blow. Geese having follow up moves too. That was a suprise

@marchefelix yeah deadly rave would of been cool. I thought he had it in his trailer, i guess SNK trolled us.
Also about those dr doom dive kicks, yes I agree, they maybe 2 of her air attacks. Also it does look like she cancels from the first head stomp into a second special jump into another dive kick.

Also when she uses the special movements into 1 of her 4 attacks, she has a wind effect accompanying it.

Some characters with a small movelist doesn't actually represent they are basic in play style. Just they will be more easy to get to grips with.

Angel is represented faithfully and I'm happy with that. They changed her 3 avoid moves to A+B instead of B+C+D.

Ramon was even given his d,d+P (bird of paradise) Not referring to the pick up d,d+P.

I'm happy with the moves list in general. Just want to see the combos they can do now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:37:53 PM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: July 14, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »
I noticed that there are quite a lot characters with rekkas. Not necessarily bad thing, but aren't rekka characters usually quite top tier material? Funny thing, rekka means truck in Finnish :)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: July 14, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »
Well rekka types usually advance forward whilst doing them, so can be easy confirms if you see the first hit, hit.
If they recover fast and don't put you in danger then you can spam it a lot and they have to respect it which puts you on the offensive side for free.

Then again take a look at Athena and kensou in 02. They have great buttons, especially Athena. I struggle with Athena in 02 and so do many other players I noticed recently. She not as good in 02um though, I never see her whatsoever.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: July 14, 2016, 03:25:28 PM »
I'm really happy with the new movelists, too bad Geese doesn't have Deadly Rave as his Climax, but I like his super Reppuken.

I love Gang-Il's moveset already: his Hangetsuzan is aerial only, which is a nice change, and the amount of stuff he can do after Hakikyaku sounds awesome. Maybe it's the character I'm looking forward to the most to see at EVO (don't remember if there was any word on a stream but I certainly hope someone streams KOFXIV)

There are tons of moves I'm curious about, but I'd rather keep this post short :D I'll post comments here and there when we see these characters in action.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: July 14, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riv38qJteXI

Bow before me!

Billy still looks cool, if I only I could figure out how to play him. Hein look kinda cool, not my favorite desing, but still nice addition to roster. Geese looked so badass, Raging Storm is more like a storm this time, a whirpool.

This theme is more like "Geese Ja!" and sounded so badass. Hype meter increasing!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »
Eh, I'm not too thrilled with Geese. He only has one of his classic DMs and it's a Climax and it looks like Rock's version of Raging Storm. And I'd rather have Jaiken than his new rekka.

I am, however, glad they decided to compose a new track for the team instead of settling for another remix of Geese's classic theme. The Nightmare Geese trailer left the impression that they were going to do the latter.

They showed some cool stuff with Hein in the trailer. I think he's gonna be a definite member of my team.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: July 14, 2016, 08:57:20 PM »
Character profiles

Billy Kane: Billy is Geese’s right-hand man in The King of Fighters XIV. He first made his debut in Fatal Fury 1 and joined the cast of The King of Fighters in The King of Fighters ‘95. He uses the Bojutsu fighting style and wields a santetsukon, a three-sectional staff. He’s been by Geese’s side ever since Geese helped get him and his sister, Lilly, off of the streets.

Geese Howard: Geese got his start as the boss in Fatal Fury, and has been part of The King of Fighters since The King of Fighters ‘96. His attacks use the Hakkyokuseiken style’s Aikijutsu and Kobujutsu techniques. He is a crime lord and head of the Howard Connection who built himself up after his father abandoned him and his mother as a child. He’s entering this year’s tournament to prove he’s the best and strongest fighter.

Hein: Hein is Geese’s new bodyguard. He uses a unique fighting style known as Gambit, which is inspired by the game of chess. He also has the ability to control a form of dark-red energy, which he uses in some of his attacks.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/14/king-fighters-xiv-team-south-town-trailer-shows-geese-billy-hein/#KoqolHh4XitcsocB.99
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:42:18 AM by videoman190 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 14, 2016, 09:37:50 PM »
Eh, I'm not too thrilled with Geese. He only has one of his classic DMs and it's a Climax and it looks like Rock's version of Raging Storm. And I'd rather have Jaiken than his new rekka.

I am, however, glad they decided to compose a new track for the team instead of settling for another remix of Geese's classic theme. The Nightmare Geese trailer left the impression that they were going to do the latter.
I'm liking it. I'm sure it feels like Geese, but with certain freshness.

Yeah, good thing they made new track. I'm going to be honest, original Geese ni Kissu is the best version, as it has most "umph" in it. Others feel bit lackluster in comparison. Although I like this arrangement quite a lot https://youtu.be/Jy8HTJyUwpY

I got the feel that their theme would fit into Samurai Shodown.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 14, 2016, 09:50:12 PM »
Billy was in fatal fury first.

Wait until we see all of geese's multiparts first. The closest he has to his jaiken is his EX new multipart move. His command throw is also gone :(

I thought for sure geese would of had a command grab or a DM grab.

Sound track sounded quite good and I liked the raging storm effects.

Heins special which leads to a fast mix up. Wonder if the hit stun is big enough on the energy hit to net you free pressure if he lands it?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 15, 2016, 03:07:50 AM »
Bios are up:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/teams/southtown.php

I've always wondered if Billy was a neat freak. He likes washing clothes and hates dirty clothes.

Bienenstich looks delicious. I wanna try it.

A German that doesn't like booze? LOL

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 15, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »
As much as I'm looking forward to this game I can't help but feel a bit disappointed in many of these new characters. I realize that KOF hasn't had any real new characters since XI (claw Iori and Saiki don't count in my opinion), but some of these new characters just seem unnecessary.

Nelson: His design is cool enough, but do we really need another boxer when SNK has so many? If I was one of those big Vanessa fans, I would be raging so hard about him being there instead of her.

Gong Il: While I'm giving this guy a shot, who wouldn't rather have Dong Hwan or Jae Hoon instead?

Hein: This guy seems like a super tame version of Oswald, who was by far my favorite new character in XI. I'm not sure if in practice he is actually like Oswald at all, but I can't help but think about Oswald when I see him in action.

None of these characters seem bad to me, they just seem redundant. It is a testament to the series of KOF that you can have 50 character roster and it still feels like so many characters are missing.

I apologize if I am coming off as bitchy. I really am looking forward to this game.