Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343269 times)

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #2070 on: July 28, 2016, 10:13:53 PM »
Canada Cup which will start OCT. 28-30 will include KOFXIV at Toronto, ON.   
http://canada-cup.ca/

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 29, 2016, 10:47:06 AM »
Really loving that theme in my top 2 with Neo Esaka. Still mad about K's new theme.
You mean you don't like it? Wow, it's my favourite theme in this game! Funny how different our tastes and opinions can be :D
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 29, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »
Well, arguing over what you like and don't like is important part of our lives :) So far I've liked all themes, except China team's. Ikari teams theme sounds promising.

Anyways, the trailer. Athena looks like her pre-XIII self. I kinda miss XIII Shining Crystal Bit, as it had shorter duration, but you can still cancel this one. I have to wonder, why they took out the ability to do Psycho Sword on air?

Chin looks so dangerous, if he drinks too much. Never really liked him, but seems to be XIII Chin.

Kensou still looks underwhelming. That rape face doesn't help much. Also his teeth look weird.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 29, 2016, 03:42:27 PM »
Quote from: Shiranui_ninja
You mean you don't like it? Wow, it's my favourite theme in this game! Funny how different our tastes and opinions can be :D

Yeah, I love K's theme too.

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 29, 2016, 03:42:46 PM »
Im very disappointed with Kensou and this trailer didnt help. His sprite looks horrible compared to others and he looks very unimaginative.  They really just took everything away from him. No command grab or even burning fist (99,XI). He has 98 fireball but in this game its smaller and doesnt jail, he has horrid XIII normals instead of the 98 normals to compliment his 98 fireball style. What a waste of a character.

Im not a fan of XIII at all but his movelist was much better in that game. Does he even have black flip anymore?

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 29, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 29, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »
I'm on the fence with Kensou. The XIII style takes a long time to get used to, but it has a lot of potential. Part of me welcomes the old moves, but I'm cautious about it since in all honesty you can get more work done with XIII Kensou then a '98 one. He's one of those I look forward to playing right away to make up my mind.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 29, 2016, 07:49:19 PM »
I'm on the fence with Kensou. The XIII style takes a long time to get used to, but it has a lot of potential. Part of me welcomes the old moves, but I'm cautious about it since in all honesty you can get more work done with XIII Kensou then a '98 one. He's one of those I look forward to playing right away to make up my mind.

Both 98 and XIII are polar opposites from each other.  Missing his command grab (that has no animation in 98) and has better normals in 98 (ex. s.C+D,s.B,c.D,s.D). Watching the EVo build clearly shows his projectile is weaker in XIV compared to 98 . 98 fireball gave you positive frames, jaled and even at times can be used as an anti-air.  They took both kensous and combined them but left out the majority of what made kensou good in either of those games. Kensou is clearly incomplete, especially compared to the rest of the Physcho soldier team.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:20 PM »
Kensous d.B and d.D are amazing in 13 and s.B is good because of his target combo and s.D has great active frames wich allow for him hitconfirming stuff off of it. Not to say you're wrong, because i haven't tried 98 Kensou since i was a kid, but you're complaining about the stuff that actually is good with him in 13.

And yeah, Kensou may take some getting used to in 13, but he is good.

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 29, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »
Kensous d.B and d.D are amazing in 13 and s.B is good because of his target combo and s.D has great active frames wich allow for him hitconfirming stuff off of it. Not to say you're wrong, because i haven't tried 98 Kensou since i was a kid, but you're complaining about the stuff that actually is good with him in 13.

And yeah, Kensou may take some getting used to in 13, but he is good.

Then how can you compare them if youve never played them? They dont even play the same. Im not talking about XIII im talking about XIV.  I didnt even mention s.B.and d.D is better in 98 especially if you canceled it to a better fireball and had more range. This is also with 98 s. C+D. No objections to XIII Kensou (given other versions have been better). However, making him more 98 with sub par normals in XIV, makes him incomplete (the basis of my initial post). Giving him janky normals but removing his rekka game, flip and sB ,C  makes him incomplete. Its obvious he got the raw deal when compared to Athena and Chin. Athena is superior in every aspect compared to him in XIV.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:22:04 PM by GarouStar »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 29, 2016, 11:41:26 PM »
Then how can you compare them if youve never played them? Im not talking about XIII im talking about XIV. 98 doesnt have target combos and I didnt even mention s.B.and d.D is better in 98 especially if you canceled it to a better fireball and had more range. This is also with 98 s. C+D. No objections to XIII Kensou (given other versions have been better). However, making him more 98 with sub par normals in XIV, makes him incomplete (the basis of my initial post). Giving him janky normals but removing his rekka game, flip and sB ,C  makes him incomplete. Its obvious he got the raw deal when compared to Athena and Chin. Athena is superior in every aspect compared to him in XIV.

I didn't actually compare anything smartass, i have played 98 and you did list s.B and c.D (wich would either mean close or crouch, i wrongly assumed crouch) as better normals in 98. I did not say that his 13 normals are better, i said that some of them are good and that you were complaining about the good ones.

I realise now though that i thought you were complaining about his 13 normals because of these lines; "Both 98 and XIII are polar opposites from each other.  Missing his command grab (that has no animation in 98) and has better normals in 98 (ex. s.C+D,s.B,c.D,s.D)."

Starting with 98 and 13 and shifting to 98 and 14 without any notice. Anyways, this is nothing to argue about. You may well be right. If he isn't as mobile as 13 and lacks some of the tools of 98 then perhaps he may suffer for it.

gloomycoin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 30, 2016, 03:42:42 AM »
Arguments based on assumptions, amusing. Maybe wait to actually play the game before talking about Kensou's place on the tier list?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 30, 2016, 04:26:40 AM »
The intern they put in charge of updating the official website should be fired.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 30, 2016, 07:53:44 AM »
Am I only person to be bothrered by the fact that Kensou has the most detailed teeth in the game? https://twitter.com/RaivokasMagma/status/758957352594706432

Well, that website could be better. It takes forever to load and could be a lot cleaner looking.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 30, 2016, 08:02:13 AM »
I was actually referring to the fact that they still haven't put the new trailer up on the website. That means that they also haven't put up their team bios.