Author Topic: KOF 2002 - Orochi Shermie  (Read 3120 times)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
KOF 2002 - Orochi Shermie
« on: December 17, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
Throws
Hatsugane - ;bk / ;fd + ;c close
Issetsu Seoi Nage -  ;bk / ;fd + ;d close         

Command Normals
Kourai - ;fd + ;b                                     

Special Moves
Mugetsu no Raiun - ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd;a / ;b / ;c / ;d (shortest to longest distance) 
Yatanagi no Muchi -  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a / ;c                                       
Shajitsu no Odori -  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b / ;d                       
Raijin no Tsue -  ;dn ;df ;fd + ;b / ;d in air

DM's
Ankoku Raikou Ken - ;dn ;df ;fd, ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a / ;c                 
Shukumei, Gen'ei, Shinshi - ;dn ;df ;fd, ;dn ;df ;fd + ;b / ;d                 

SDM's
Ankoku Raikou Ken - ;dn ;df ;fd, ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a ;c                 
Shukumei, Gen'ei, Shinshi - ;dn ;df ;fd, ;dn ;df ;fd + ;b ;d                 

HSDM
Unmei no Ya -  ;b, ;a, ;bk, ;a;a / ;b / ;c / ;d (shortest to longest distance)

Cancelable Normals
Close A, close B, and close C
Far A and far B
Crouch A, crouch B, and crouch C
f + B is cancelable on the 2nd hit

Normals
d + B is so low that she evades mid air fireballs of Athena,Robert and Kensou. Also Chris's qcf + P. Therefore, preventing herself to fall victim to their trap and dirty game.
d + C and Standing CD have extremely good priority and excellent anti-air attacks
d + C can counter even Billy's d A & f A and even Choi's attacks. Its that good!
d + C is however better in KOF98, because it doesn't have slow recovery at all, but it doesn't hit as low as it does in KOF2002 (even hits crouching attacks).

CD is also great. Its good anti-air (Choi killer) and its empty-cancellable on every frame. So, you can do any of her move during CD animation, making it fairly safe.
Be careful though, CD has slow startup and d C has slow recovery. So if you miss, they are punishable. Use them wisely. Air CD is great anti air. It also can keep your opponents staying on their side.

Jump CD then follow up with qcf + B
CD (IDK if its air or ground) then follow up with qcf + A or qcb + D

O. Shermie's standing CD in '98, although is not as effective as the one in 2002, is still a good move. Is fast and can negate lower attacks, specially for sweep lovers. Also can be canceled with any move (my suggestion is to cancel it with qcf + B or C, ideal if you are fighting a sweep lover like Leona, you'd hit in counter then, as the lightning sphere hits it, you can follow up with a DM (Ankoku Raikouken if you catch it near to a corner or qcfx2 + K if it's getting far), a really nice juggle!

Her straight jump D kick is good for air to air attacks.

She also have a good crossup attack. Crossup C. However, its hard to followup with standing attack because opponent recovers quickly after it. So, its best use is when opponent is getting up (on wake up).

Crossup is also slightly better in KOF98.
Other than that, she is same in KOF98.

Super Cancels
None

Free Cancel Into
qcb + P only from a non-special move
hcf + A/B/C/D only from a non-special move
qcb + K
In air, qcf + K

Free Cancel Out of
f + B
qcb + K

Cannot Free Cancel
None

O. Shermie is a mind gamer, however, be careful if you are facing a skilled Yamazaki, he might throw back your spheres pretty fast and he has pretty long range attacks who can prevent you to move. The best strategy against him is attacking while waking up as he doesn't have really quick recoveries from the ground. Then, just pressure him to death!

Her hcf + A/B/C/D are good for mind games. But they also have slow recovery, so use it wisely as well.
They are excellent on opponent's wake up. For example, every time you knocked down the opponent, do hcf A and immediately crossjump C over the opponent before he gets up. It gets really confusing because you don't know which side to block, as you are between hcf A fireball at one side and Shermie's crossup C on other. To confuse your opponent do forward, d + C, b + A/C or back, d + C, f +A/B/C/D

If your opponent gets hit with hcf + A on ground then qcb+P is good enough as a follow up. After that use another hcf + A

qcb + P is fast, but it doesn't hit crouching opponents because it will whiff and you will get punished after that. So, use it only in combos or when you are absolutely sure. It also can negate fireballs and counter attack. Its especially good for short distance. Highly recommended against Athena, Kensou.

She is excellent in air attacks, because of her qcf + K in air. It is really difficult to counter her jump because qcf + K slightly pushes her back in air if you see opponent's attack coming. So, jump alot with alternating between jump C and jump qcf + K. Keep your opponent guessing whats coming.
You can also do a real quick qcf + K while doing back back hop. Lethal when opponent is trying to catch you on ground.

qcb + K is useless. Its good if opponent is doing d D. But I hardly see anyone doing simple d D nowadays. Also it has poor recovery. Even if you connect, you and your opponent will recover almost at the same time. You can use it as mindgame purposes which the D version can get you over mid-fireballs from a backstep.

Both her DMs have great priority. Both go through almost anything. qcfx2 P is almost as good as Benimaru's qcfx2 P in KOF97.

Remember her qcf, qcf + P (DM) is your key move so whenever your opponent misses shots punish them with it

When you have hit your opponent with Air qcf + B/D move then stand close to your opponent and perform her
qcf,qcf + B (DM) before opponent gets up. It will be unblockable cause it reverse the guard.

HSDM is useless. Don't use it since 50% of the time, you will hit yourself.

Quote from: Ryodragoon
I practiced on her HSDM and I found out that if your on the left half of the screen facing right then the A version will hit you also if it connects with the opponent. B can too but because it's from a farther range it's a little safer.

C and D will have the lightning strike hit the right side of the screen when it connects. (The lighting balls appear in their respective places)
Therefore like Remukhan said, you can hit your self 50% of the time

The rule of it is the farther the ball is away from you the lest chance of being struck by lighting. The only real safe place i've seen of it is in the center.

(I don't know a about you but to me; B,A,b,A,A is harder to do the farther away the ball is. Maybe the timing changes)

I don't know if anyone didn't know that or not but it's the info i've gathered from practice (I could be wrong on some parts)

Quote from: Keisukesan
how her HSDM works: You know that the end button you choose will determine where her kiss lands. If it hits she will start her countdown. Right when she initiates the storm (the HSDM bright flash) keep pressing the button you ended with. Otherwise the HSDM will backfire 50% of the time.
For example: I did B, A, b, A, B when it lands i keep pressing B because it's the last button i pressed. tada! it didn't hit Shermie.
Keep in mind when you end in A, you will have a huge probability of double hit or just hitting Shermie. what you should do is a) don't even do that at all b) right before the lightening strikes keep pulling back on joy stick

Combos
Jump C, stand C, f + B, hcf + B (good for pressuring)
Jump C, stand C, f + B, qcb + P
Jump C, stand C, f + B, qcf, qcf + P
(If you do crossup jump C, replace (C, f B) with (crouch A x 2, B ). )
Stand A/crouch A, stand B, f + B, qcb + C/qcf, qcf, + A
d + B , qcf, qcf + A/C ( SDM version also applies)
d + A x 2, crouch B/stand B (2 hits), qcf, qcf + A/C (SDM version also applies)
d + A x 2 , d + B , qcf, qcf + A/C (SDM version also applies)
Crouch C, f + B (two hits), qcb + C
sweep distance, hcf + A, crouch B, qcf, qcf+A
Crouch C, qcf, qcf + B

Quote from: ken_garou
Standing C ,fwd B, DM combo will never miss against any character if opponent is facing behind or if you land a DEEP crossup which is hard to master and perfect

MAX combos
crouch A, stand B, BC, stand B qcf, qcf+AC
crouch D, f + B, qcb + B, qcf + B/D
d + A , stand B (2 hits), BC (no run), press Standing B again(must be fast) (2 hits),qcf, qcf + AC (SDM)
close C , BC run , close C , SDM qcf, qcf + AC (SDM)
f + B(2 hits), qcf, qcf BC and then press BD(or AC) very quick to do SDM . This is a shortcut for her.
Stand C , f + B (one hit), qcf, qcf BC and then press BD(or AC) very quick to do SDM
crouch C, f + B, BC, qcb + B, qcf + B while in air then after opponent is knockdown, qcf,qcf+BD on wakeup.

But don't go for combos too much. Her game is not based on combos, instead she is a mind game (let the opponent guess) player.

MISC
The List of Characters against whom you can't connect the stand C, f + B (Two Hits), qcf, qcf + A

Robert (Just One hit of the DM then Blockable)
Kensou
Kyo
Benimaru
Goro
Mai
Yuri
MayLee (In center just one hit of DM then blockable but in corner, full DM connects but misses two hits between the DM so it just a 5 hits combo)
Shermie
Orochi Shermie
Leona
Ralf
Clark
K9999
Kusanagi
Rugal

Note: You can connect this combo but with two stocks by stand C, f + B (one hit), qcf, qcf + BC

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 2002 - Orochi Shermie
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:44:58 PM »
Yea the writing might look kind of sloppy but I grabbed this info during the CX 2.0 and combine the post together with fixed small grammar. If you want to make it neatly be my guest.

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 06:17:52 AM »
Even though the (2002UM) wiki page is complete I'll cherry pick certain things here and there then add them to the 2002 wiki page, and yes CX will recieve credit.

Thanks for your contribution, I need a drink....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:31:14 AM by krazykone123 »

krazykone123

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 07:48:02 AM »
http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Orochi_Shermie_02

Here ya go mang, if you think it looks like shit I'll make some adjustments.

There used to be a OG 2k2 color chart but I can't find the website right now, and I have them on my other PC but it's dead atm.

syxx

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 11:58:33 AM »
on the wiki page you called the command normals "command throws".  and doesn't she have something like f+a that does a little hop.  Also i thought MAX2 move was a different command... i could be wrong though

krazykone123

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
on the wiki page you called the command normals "command throws". Also i thought MAX2 move was a different command... i could be wrong though

Quick copy and paste issue, it's fixed now.

and doesn't she have something like f+a that does a little hop.

You mean JINR (f+A)? that one was one of her new moves in 2002UM.