Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Kasumi  (Read 6528 times)

krazykone123

KOF 2002UM - Kasumi
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:57:20 PM »
Throws:
Maki Age - close ;bk/ ;fd+ ;c
Aiki Age - close ;bk/ ;fd+ ;d

Command Normals:
Hiji Ate - ;fd+ ;a

Special Moves:
Kasane Ate - ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c (also in air)
Hakuzan Toh - ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;b/ ;d
Messhin Mutoh - ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b
Sassho Inshuu - ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;d
Hanshin Morote Gaeshi - ;dn ;dn+ ;b/ ;d
Tatsumaki Souda - close ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd+ ;a/ ;c
Senkou Sagashi - ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a/ ;c (x3)

Desperation Moves:
Shingan Kuzu Otoshi - ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a/ ;c
Chou Kasane Ate - ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c

Super Desperation Moves:
Shingan Kuzu Otoshi - ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a + ;c

HSDM:
Sousei Kasane Ate Ryuukasumi - ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a + ;c
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:06:53 PM by desmond_kof »

krazykone123

Re: KOF 2002UM - Kasumi
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 06:49:43 AM »
Combos
- cr.B, cr.A, qcb+P x3
- cl.C/D, f+A, qcb+P x3/hcb f+A~st/j.X
- (Corner) hcb f+P, (SC) qcfx2+C
- hcb f+P, Far C/CD, qcfx2+AC
- (Corner, CH) qcf+P, Far D
- (Corner, CH) backdash qcf+P, qcb+D (1), (SC) qcfx2+C
- qcb+D, Far D, (BC) qcfx2+AC

- cl.C, f+A (BC)
┗ (Mid-screen) st.C, f+A, hcb f+C (3), (BC) qcb+P (1), (BC) qcb+K (1), (SC) qcfx2+C
┗ (Corner) st.C, f+A, hcb f+C (3), (BC) qcb+P (2), (BC) qcb+K (1), (SC) qcfx2+C
┗ (HSDM, Mid-Corner) st.C, f+A, hcb f+C (3), (BC) qcb+P (2), (BC) qcb+B, qcfx2+AC
- f+A (1), (BC), cr.B, cr.A, qcb+P (1), (BC) qcb+K (1), (SC) qcfx2+P
- f+A (1), (BC), cr.B, cr.A, qcb+P (1), (BC) qcb+B, qcfx2+AC

you can expect a bigass wiki page in the future people

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhiglwpLD4A

Just a quick video I threw together, I'll add the annotations or whatever tommorow.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 08:06:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhiglwpLD4A

Just a quick video I threw together, I'll add the annotations or whatever tommorow.

near the end, are those DMs countering GCCDs? can those be done on reaction or is it anticipation?

also, good choice on the tekken 3 music (at least i think it is... king? lol)

krazykone123

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »
near the end, are those DMs countering GCCDs? can those be done on reaction or is it anticipation?

Both, the qcf hcb+P has to be done immediately after the cl.C/D because the GCA comes out very fast, and yes you would have to anticipate the GCA because it's strictly a guessing game, there's no real way to tell if the GCA will come out so you have to take the risk of throwing out the counter DM, if you guess right you'll counter accordingly, if not you may not be screwed because if they try to crouch D you instead the DM can counter that too, try getting their guard meter low first because it might increase your chances, btw never use it against grapplers.

also, good choice on the tekken 3 music (at least i think it is... king? lol)

That is correct sir, anyway the video should have annotations now, I'll explain everything else in-depth here and on the wiki page.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
Awesome video, the reset combo was something that I didn't know, so I will use it now

Anyway, some strategies on how to play with her?

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
Build meter from a far, then rushdown like a monster

- close C stays out for a good bit

- Jump D crosses up, the hitbox is like TvC Ryu lol

- Hiji Ate (f+A) is an overhead on both hits, can be used to start Max Mode combos

- qcf+P builds meter fast especially on guard, if you get the timing down you can safely spam it but only if you are at least a body frame away, when used to challenge other projectiles it's likely that you will lose because the hitbox is mostly in the middle wave, however if you use it against laggier attacks (like Terry's Round Wave) this move will beat it and Kasumi will bypass anything else because she is invincible during the recovery, crouch D whiff to qcf+A works a good fake out move

- qcf+P air can be used during backdash, it can also be tiger knee'd

- hcb f+P has no whiff animation, combos from both hits of Hiji Ate, follow-ups include Far C, Far D, (corner) close C, close D, CD, hh.CD, qcb+K, etc.

- qcb+K has auto-guard to beat jump-ins, D makes her move forward then do the launcher

- Senkou Sagashi (3) rekkas are safe on block, it also guard crushes very quickly so try using it in a blockstring, builds good meter to boot

- Messhin Mutoh (hcf+B) is probably her best counter out of all of her normal counters, since it counters jump-ins you won't have to rely on Hakuzan Toh all the time, it's not always suggested that you use counters because they're very situational but if you must use them use this one

- Shingan Kuzu Otoshi (regular or MAX) counter covers her whole body, counters low/mid hitting normals/commands/special attacks/DM's/SDM's/HSDM's/etc.

- Under certain circumstances Chou Kasane Ate will not knock the to the ground, mostly happends if you combo into it after two hits of Hiji Ate (never suggested), this DM also works best when you super cancel into it

- HSDM Sousei Kasane Ate Ryuukasumi has OTG properties but if you're opponent is smart you'll probably never get the chance to do it because they'll be too busy safe rolling the whole thing, never use this HSDM without Hakuzan Toh the launcher or Tatsumaki Souda (hcb f+P) st.X/Far X reset
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:14:38 PM by krazykone123 »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 06:43:37 PM »
Sometimes when the opponent is a little predictable, I used her MAX2 with succes, but yeah, after I while you realize that is better to pull it as a follow up

Thanks KrazyKone

Waifu Material

syxx

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »
i was under the impression that if you stopped after 2 rekkas it was unsafe however if you do all 3 they are safe.  please correct me if i am wrong

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »
All 3 are negative frames on block. The 2nd input is horrible so never finish on that. The first input you can get away with due to the pushback distance most chars will have a hard time punishing. I guess only go to the third input if you can kill them with chip or guard crush them.

qcf+P is much better to use on block. On the ground qcf+A gives slight frame advantage, but the aerial version (TK or off a backdash) gives great advantage. Should you land a counterhit near the corner, you can follow up afterwards. close s.A/s.C also give frame advantage on block.

krazykone123

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
i was under the impression that if you stopped after 2 rekkas it was unsafe however if you do all 3 they are safe.  please correct me if i am wrong

I was refering to the 3rd input only, it's pushback on guard makes it (moderately) safe, a lot of moves aren't fast enough to punish her before she can block, however some are e.g. Kyo/Kusanagi's dp+P.

qcf+P is much better to use on block. On the ground qcf+A gives slight frame advantage.

I know the ground variant gives enough frame advantage on block for it to be used in almost constant succession, didn't know about the air version though.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »
All 3 are negative frames on block. The 2nd input is horrible so never finish on that. The first input you can get away with due to the pushback distance most chars will have a hard time punishing. I guess only go to the third input if you can kill them with chip or guard crush them.

qcf+P is much better to use on block. On the ground qcf+A gives slight frame advantage, but the aerial version (TK or off a backdash) gives great advantage. Should you land a counterhit near the corner, you can follow up afterwards. close s.A/s.C also give frame advantage on block.

From the looks of it, seems like Yamazaki and Whip are good anti-Kasumi characters...

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:58 AM »
My early combo vids of her. Will be revised in the future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIfRS_bbPY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xfGSbRAEn0

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 02:48:41 AM »
I love Aiki Age-ing fools then smacking them with a jump D right when their sprite is faced the wrong way. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."