Author Topic: Pocket Rumble (Steam Early Access)  (Read 1298 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Pocket Rumble (Steam Early Access)
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:59:02 AM »
I heard about this few days ago and it popped on Steam's Early Access yesterday. Nice timing :)

I can get behind the idea of simplicity. While I like KOF on the very basic level, sometimes the inputs feel kinda hard to do. I think the biggest culprit IMO is Nameless in KOF 2002UM :)

Currently Pocket Rubmle has two characters. They feel very different. Tenchi is the typical "Ryu"-like character and Naomi is more of rushdown character. Both have different meter mechanics. Tenchi gains meter by hitting with special moves and when it's full, he can unleash a super move. Naomi on the other hand can charge her meter and can then use altered versions of her specials, like EX-versions in KOF XIII.

I tried few matches online and it seemed to work well. Game uses GGPO netcode. I could feel some latency, but it didn't bother me that much. I even won one match :)

Game is quite unfinished. Developer said they'll be adding one charatcer per month, but we'll see about that.

I even made short video of showcasing what this has to offer https://youtu.be/ddsYTQ8zWVo

Has anyone else tried this?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?