Author Topic: Let's talk about sticks  (Read 15600 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about sticks
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 04:20:16 AM »
I ordered my controllers from NCSX.com. When I ordered, they were $40 each. They later marked them up to $45 but honored the pre-order price.

Dark Geist

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »
I ordered my controllers from NCSX.com. When I ordered, they were $40 each. They later marked them up to $45 but honored the pre-order price.

I placed my order from play-asia.  But it's on backordered so no guessing as to how long this will be lol.  I checked NCSX and they are charging $49 for them, also out of stock, plus you can't order them, have to put them on some wish list.

Now if I could just find the PS2 version I would be a happy camper.
PSN:  Geist_Hexenjager

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
I have 2 of the PS2 pads. They're awesome but so damned expensive.

Dark Geist

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »
I have 2 of the PS2 pads. They're awesome but so damned expensive.

Oh you have 2 and how very nice of you to offer one to me.  Aren't you the best!!:p

I can wish right.

Any ideas besides ebay (omg the rediculous pricing) to find one of these badboys!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2010, 10:20:02 PM »
For PS3, I'd wait on your PlayAsia pre-order. For PS2...

Dark Geist

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 12:22:11 AM »
For PS3, I'd wait on your PlayAsia pre-order. For PS2...

Yeah, will just suck waiting for the ps3 one lol.

I was talking about the ps2 ones are insanely priced...that's gonna be the hard one to get.

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »
What sites provide material so you can place your own artwork on the sticks??? I've been wanting to do this for a long time...
art hobbies
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 06:30:31 AM »
I had two options, fix it or buy a new stick. I decided bought a better stick, and I bought Hori Real Arcade Pro Stick V3-SA (RAP V3-SA)(the same that Kane won on NorCal Regionals 8 judging by the picture). I feel that stick totally different, is suuuuper sensitive (both stick and buttons). sometimes i have the feeling that I don't have the control. Buttons and stick are closer than HFS3 and I'm not sure if this is something good or not.. another thing I don't like is where start button is placed, too close to L1 button...
I would like to know Kane impressions if he tried out RAP V3-SA. Did I make a bad choice...?

Better late than never, and at no fault of Trieu's (since I could have picked it up myself if I wanted), but I finally got my HRAP V3 SA yesterday!  I messed around with it today and it's just as good as I expected, but honestly I'm no joystick expert, mostly if it's Japanese, it's a 4 gate, and Sanwa preferably; it works for me.

I would have liked the spring on the stick to be slightly heavier but it's definitely good and feels durable.  I'll have a follow up post when I get XIII on console one day =)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »
Better late than never, and at no fault of Trieu's (since I could have picked it up myself if I wanted), but I finally got my HRAP V3 SA yesterday!  I messed around with it today and it's just as good as I expected, but honestly I'm no joystick expert, mostly if it's Japanese, it's a 4 gate, and Sanwa preferably; it works for me.

I would have liked the spring on the stick to be slightly heavier but it's definitely good and feels durable.  I'll have a follow up post when I get XIII on console one day =)

Thank you for your comments. Well, right now I'm waiting for a Seimitsu LS-40-01 stick (the NeoGeo stick is called) from AkihabaraShop. Definitely I didn't get used with HRAP V3 SA's Sanwa stick (I guess put an octogonal gate didn't help at all..) and I have finally decided to replace it. When it arrives me I will tell you how the new one works.

On a side note, I could choose the stick color and I chose white and red. I'm not gonna say why... XD
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »
I once bought the tekken arcade that come with 6

Worked fine I guess, I don't liked the buttons, and I felt that any moment I broke the stick so I sold it

I had one stick made by a friend, with a happ competition stick, and some buttons that I bought somewhere lol

Waifu Material