Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323395 times)

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »
the fuck, hella random

i'm motivated to make it down to sfsu to try and help get this ball rolling.

btw, any details on the cab? what kinda cab? sticks/buttons? how much?

it replaced bbcs (good fucking riddance), so i'd imagine it's on a vewlix L.

as for the layout, i initially heard it was tekken style. but then i guess they installed extra buttons for neo-geo style as well? only way to know for sure is to see for ourselves!
kof scrub in training

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
Represent us good Fatacon, bring your expertise back north!

don't worry. no one has to know i came from AI lol

Unfortunally for you once people see your skills they will atuomatically know that you are from AI. It's a curse we all carry lol.

Have fun and represent!!!!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
We should try to carpool to SFSU at least 1-2 times a month. I wanna play that 13.

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
i'm relatively close, so i'm just gonna caltrain + bart it.
kof scrub in training

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »
It's exciting to see a scene just materialize like that;  If you all work on getting 1-2 people interested in the next few weeks that'll be amazing!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 04:24:17 AM »
It's exciting to see a scene just materialize like that;  If you all work on getting 1-2 people interested in the next few weeks that'll be amazing!

Right now, including me, we have about 5 or 6 people who play every day. A lot of the SSF4:AE crowd will hop on once or twice a day so they're not hardcore about it but they are definitely playing this game. It's been a good two weeks at SFSU because we got AE and KoF 13 within a week of each other. People are coming out of the woodworks and slowly gathering here.

Edit: We also got confirmation that SJSU will be getting a KoF 13 cab eventually! It's about an hour away from SFSU.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:45:47 AM by Demoninja »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »
It's exciting to see a scene just materialize like that;  If you all work on getting 1-2 people interested in the next few weeks that'll be amazing!

Right now, including me, we have about 5 or 6 people who play every day. A lot of the SSF4:AE crowd will hop on once or twice a day so they're not hardcore about it but they are definitely playing this game. It's been a good two weeks at SFSU because we got AE and KoF 13 within a week of each other. People are coming out of the woodworks and slowly gathering here.

Edit: We also got confirmation that SJSU will be getting a KoF 13 cab eventually! It's about an hour away from SFSU.

Wow that'll make six in Cali.  Where was this momentum 7 months ago?  j/k  It's a start!

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 01:07:34 AM »
HOLY SHIT!!!!!! SJSU SOON!?!?!?  IF THAT HAPPENS THEN I WILL BE AN ARCADE RAT, THAT'S LIKE BIKING DISTANCE FROM MY HOUSE!!!!!!

Dude, Kane, big ups for everything you do, man.  I'm glad you care about your neighbors up north!!   ;)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 01:21:03 AM »
I'll be staying around Union Square 17th - 20th, so if I have time I'll stop by SFSU. If I do, I'll post what time/day I'll be there.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 12:51:46 AM »
So lame that I'm out of town during those EXACT days.  I really wanted to test my chops against a true AI master.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 04:40:24 AM »
I'll be staying around Union Square 17th - 20th, so if I have time I'll stop by SFSU. If I do, I'll post what time/day I'll be there.

If you can, come on the 18th or 19th. Let me know when. Just bring yourself and we'll bring the hype.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
I'll try to come one of those 2 days, depends on the gf. What time of day are people usually there?

Also what's the button layout?
I play
 BCD
A

I can't really play square layout, but will have to try if I have no other choice.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:26:13 PM by Ash »

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 10:56:23 PM »
as for the layout, i initially heard it was tekken style. but then i guess they installed extra buttons for neo-geo style as well? only way to know for sure is to see for ourselves!

also, square isn't as hard to adjust to as you might think. i can play both just fine.
kof scrub in training

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »

also, square isn't as hard to adjust to as you might think. i can play both just fine.

Quash, so do you know if they have both options available or only square?

I've played square configuration before. It takes me 1-2 days to re-adjust to do the combos I normally do. For short combos it'll be fine, but when I'm doing HD combos, there's a high chance of dropping the combo. Also I play Ash and Shen, so doing ABCD and CABC by reaction such as anti-air sucks for me with square configuration.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:50 AM »
The 18th people usually come and go from about 11-4/5. Sat we usually show up around 11 and leave at 2-3. No worries though we'll be willing to come at a time convenient for you since I'm sure we all want to play someone who knows what they're doing haha. Both layouts are available so no worries there. I posted details in the SoCal KoF thread.