Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Orochi Shermie  (Read 8720 times)

krazykone123

KOF 2002UM - Orochi Shermie
« on: November 28, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »
Throws
Bakura - ;bk/ ;fd+ ;c close
Wipes Out - ;bk/ ;fd+ ;d close

Command Normals
Kourai - ;fd+ ;b
JINR - ;fd+ ;a

Special Attacks
No Yatanagi Muchi - ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a/ ;c
Shajitsu No Odori - ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;b/ ;d
No Mugetsu Raiun - ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;b/ ;c/ ;d
Raijin no TSUE - ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b/ ;d in air
Takeru Mikadzuchi - ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;a/ ;c press P to prolong the attack

DM's
Shukumei, Gen'ei, Shinshi - ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b/ ;d also in air
Ankoku Raikoken - ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c

SDM
Shukumei, Gen'ei, Shinshi - ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b ;d also in air
Ankoku Raikoken - ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a ;c

HSDM
Unmei no Ya - ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x2+ ;a/ ;b/ ;c/ ;d

Combo video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMW0G0hkO-c?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VMW0G0hkO-c?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:43:22 PM by nilcam »

krazykone123

Re: KOF 2002UM - Orochi Shermie
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »
Combos

- dp+P, cl.C, qcfx2+P
- cl/cr.C, f+B, qcb+C/qcfx2+B/BD
- cl/cr.C, f+A, air qcfx2+BD
- cl.B (2), qcb+A/qcfx2+AC
- f+B, SDM
- cr.B, qcb+A/qcfx2+AC
-dp+P
┗ qcb+C
┗ qcfx2+B/BD
┗ (run) cl.C, f+B, qcb+C
┗ (run) cl.C, f+A, air qcfx2+BD
- cl.C, f+B, (BC run) cl.C, f+A, air qcfx2+BD

yeah, you can get the rest of the story by reading the wiki page

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »
Finished it up today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMW0G0hkO-c

Trans script in description

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:07:36 AM by Dark Chaotix »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
I've been thinking about picking up O.Shermie, so I've been going to practice mode and trying a few things out... Aside from different moves and some command normal changes, what makes her better (or worse) than regular Shermie???

I know that both are really effective up close, and I haven't seem much in terms of zoning other than her ;hcf + ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d being spammed from a distance, but against a stronger opponent, its avoidable. While I don't see much in terms of great zoning with that move (yet), I do see trap potential if the opponent doesn't tech... I haven't had the chance to try okizeme setups, but I'm curious as to what she can do...

Ok, I just saw a (somewhat) good example of O.Shermie gameplay ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4iy88XOBTc [second match])... Not too much zoning being used with ;hcf + ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d , but it allowed for a few setups... At the most, 2 were used-- one far distance ball, then a close one; it seemed like that setup varied a bit where I saw a slightly short projectile and a slightly far projectile...

I saw a ;dn + ;b , ;fd + ;a , air ;qcf + ;b / ;d used and it kept her safe (or EX Takuma didn't capitalize)... I like the cross up capability she has...

One thing I didn't see was ;dp + a; / ;c being used as an anti-air move, well one that worked... I did notice ;hcf + ;a being used as an anti-air, but I was wondering if anything good came out of ;dp + ;a / ;c other than combos???

How good is st. ;d ??? I saw it being thrown out a few times, and despite the slow start up, it did hit maybe once...

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:45:43 AM »
I've been thinking about picking up O.Shermie, so I've been going to practice mode and trying a few things out... Aside from different moves and some command normal changes, what makes her better (or worse) than regular Shermie???

Shermie and O shermie are quite different and they both have pros and cons to their gameplay. What they do share is the lack of a good far poke, or a decent AA.

Shermie is best at close range, while O.Shermie is best at mid range (without stock) or mid / close range (with stocks). Obviously shermie cant do much from afar since she is a grappler, so she works best when opponent is in corner. Id talk more about Shermie in her thread but to answer your question, O.Shermie is slightly better only cos she has more tools for zoning / far gameplay, where as Shermie has to work alittle harder.

O.Shermie has one of the quickest DMs in the game thats not a grab and should be used to punish anything (which is why I said she is good close / mid range with stocks) and in the right hands can control space really well which is something that Shermie cant do.

I guess it also depends on your game style. I am a grappler user, so may gameplay revolves around mixups and mindgames

I know that both are really effective up close, and I haven't seem much in terms of zoning other than her ;hcf + ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d being spammed from a distance, but against a stronger opponent, its avoidable. While I don't see much in terms of great zoning with that move (yet), I do see trap potential if the opponent doesn't tech... I haven't had the chance to try okizeme setups, but I'm curious as to what she can do...

Ok, I just saw a (somewhat) good example of O.Shermie gameplay ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4iy88XOBTc [second match])... Not too much zoning being used with ;hcf + ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d , but it allowed for a few setups... At the most, 2 were used-- one far distance ball, then a close one; it seemed like that setup varied a bit where I saw a slightly short projectile and a slightly far projectile...

The only  moves that arent techable with O shermie is C throw and air qcf+B/D. You could use HSDM for set up (as shown in my vid). If the opponent dont tech other moves then you could use hcf+A/B/C/D if they try to wake up or something but its really hard to hit confirm if they try reversal. Bit of a guessing game really, and generally that strat should be used just for pressure. I have seen a hcf+A used on wakeup to force opponent to block as they are getting up into HSDM.....but would you risk taking a 45% roulette hit?

hcf+A/B/C/D is slower in this then 98um, so its not so spammable anymore. You will see a far fb then a close fb cos common knowledge would think the opponent will try to close the gap after the far fb. Plus its a safer bet to do A/B versions of fb so its harder for opponent to get close. Those fb's are not safe up close and shouldnt be used too close when you have opponent in corner. The key is to dicate the game and dicate space to frustrate your opponent. Usually frustration sets in cos you are countering what the opponent is trying to do. To do this effectively, its good to know the opponents character and what they can do.

I saw a ;dn + ;b , ;fd + ;a , air ;qcf + ;b / ;d used and it kept her safe (or EX Takuma didn't capitalize)... I like the cross up capability she has...

One thing I didn't see was ;dp + a; / ;c being used as an anti-air move, well one that worked... I did notice ;hcf + ;a being used as an anti-air, but I was wondering if anything good came out of ;dp + ;a / ;c other than combos???

How good is st. ;d ??? I saw it being thrown out a few times, and despite the slow start up, it did hit maybe once...

You can guard roll the f+A and the qcf+B, so if you have stocks you can punish that string. Also, cB into f+A doesnt combo....Even if you block the qcf+B, depending on your character you can punish it. So its not a safe string.

dp+A/C is slow and need frames to activate first. Its not like other dp's.

sD is good AA if you can anticipate a jump in and thats the same if you want to use dp+A/C. CD is still AA of choice (when on ground) but just have to put it out early.

Ive said it before, but I do wish they gave both shermies her 98 attacks (far sC, cC). Such better moves and priorities....

Sorry bout the essay. Hope this helps...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:53:02 AM by Dark Chaotix »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
Guys every time I try her HSDM it always lands on me lol. Are there any tips or it is random?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
Oh my bad, I meant ;dn ;c , ;fd + ;a , air ;qcf + ;b . That was the combo I believe, but either way, she can still be punished with meter...

Guys every time I try her HSDM it always lands on me lol. Are there any tips or it is random?

I think its random, but I'll test it out tonite to find out... I saw this in an actual match and the lightning struck O. Shermie instead, and it cost that player the match...

If it's not "truly random", then my question would be what criteria must be met in order for the lightning to hit the opponent and not me (i.e. - # of projectiles used, # of ;dp + ;a / ;c used, etc.)???

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »
Its completely random

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
Its completely random

At least it's better than OG'02, if I'm not mistaken, it could randomly come down on 4 different spots; here's it's 50/50% .

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »
Well the spots havent change (Not that I know of) but the frequency I was talking talking about. It was also random in OG 2k2, there isnt any difference. But in OG 2k2, you could roll away from it before it hit, in 2k2um they rectified that issue.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 05:16:02 AM »
I didn't know that her 5A whiffs on Vice and Hinako at close range

http://t.co/bJuOoIonUF
So hateful.

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 07:16:42 PM »
Shermie St.a whiffs on Bao, Vice, Hinako, Chin (sorta), Choi, when standing.