Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Arcade Version)  (Read 42226 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2011, 12:29:45 AM »
a we can go back and forth all day i know what i did and i know what i saw i aint tryin to convince nobody im just sayin i got dp thats it

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2011, 12:41:06 AM »
Alright then, whatever.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2011, 03:11:48 AM »
I'd like to see people mess around with Hwa in drunk mode. I think there's a lot of potential since he can do combos in drunk mode that he can't do otherwise. An example of something I messed around with:

2 stock, 2 drive (819 dmg/82%) *corner only*

*drink* j.C > qcb+B > st.C/D > dp+D > (DC) qcb+B > qcb+B > qcb+B > qcb+B> dp+B > (DC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcb+B > qcb+B > qcfx2+B/D

Now I know it's pretty situational, but c'mon, 9 Dragon Tails in one combo is pretty cool ;)

*disclaimer* I haven't read up on Hwa Jai combos so hopefully someone hasn't posted this up somewhere already lol

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2011, 03:28:28 AM »
A bit situational, however if you can find a way to confirm into Drink and confirm out of it, we'll be golden as that would be hella good.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2011, 11:49:01 PM »
I'd like to see people mess around with Hwa in drunk mode. I think there's a lot of potential since he can do combos in drunk mode that he can't do otherwise. An example of something I messed around with:

2 stock, 2 drive (819 dmg/82%) *corner only*

*drink* j.C > qcb+B > st.C/D > dp+D > (DC) qcb+B > qcb+B > qcb+B > qcb+B> dp+B > (DC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcb+B > qcb+B > qcfx2+B/D

Now I know it's pretty situational, but c'mon, 9 Dragon Tails in one combo is pretty cool ;)

*disclaimer* I haven't read up on Hwa Jai combos so hopefully someone hasn't posted this up somewhere already lol
somebody just did that to me

i thought the drink just made him stronger so do it also give him more speed to??

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2011, 11:59:24 PM »
Yeah, shortens the startup and recovery on all his moves.

C, Slide, HD, C, Slide xx DP+D xx QCB+B, DP+D xx DP+B, DP+D xx QCB+D, QCB+D, QCF+A xx QCB+D, Neomax

Gotta get this combo down.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:48:38 PM by Saitsuofleaves »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2011, 06:05:47 AM »
just discovered 2 thing with hwa  ;df ;b into  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d crosses up on crouching opponentes (but might no work on the bigger characters) and if  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d connects u can link it with st  ;c not sure if it has 2 b a counter

just tossin a few tings out there

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2011, 06:07:17 AM »
Both already known (well actually, the first one for sure, the second one, didn't know you could get st.C, but you can get cr.B off of any hit so I figure no big deal).

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2011, 06:26:07 AM »
dam thought i had somethin goin 4 a min o well

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2011, 06:31:35 AM »
dam thought i had somethin goin 4 a min o well

No big deal...I did the exact same thing like a month ago lol.

Though again, I actually didn't know you could hit st.C after that, but the damn link after D Dragon Tail in general is so damn shaky it seems.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2011, 06:35:44 AM »
with the drink pink combo do u find it easyer to do in the corner or outta the corner his corner combois giving me a real hard time (cant do his dam trial)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2011, 06:37:34 AM »
Most of his combos tend to be easier in the corner so...

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2011, 01:54:46 AM »

His strongest combos only work in the corner.

http://youtu.be/LLEs-Dv3ymY?t=6m10s

Good stuff. Too bad the setup works off of TNT punch for the Drink Pink cancel. Feels like unnecessary meter expenditure, but, I guess if you're planning to do a Drink Pink combo in the first place, that's a moot point anyway. lol.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »

His strongest combos only work in the corner.

http://youtu.be/LLEs-Dv3ymY?t=6m10s

Good stuff. Too bad the setup works off of TNT punch for the Drink Pink cancel. Feels like unnecessary meter expenditure, but, I guess if you're planning to do a Drink Pink combo in the first place, that's a moot point anyway. lol.
WOW i would never.....

i need help on his HD combo but starting out of the corner and carrying the opponent to the otha corner the only thing i got so far is st.C df.B tail whip, (air D dragon kick air B tail whip air D dragon kick) x3 by the time i get to the corner i used up ma HD so i was wondering if anybody have anything better

and i was wondering what was the highest HD combo the did in the corner without drink pink i was able to get 776

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »
Random Note:

I'd like to point out that Hwa can combo into Either qcb+B or dp+B on hit of an aerial normal (All except hop/jump B, I believe). I think this is extra-important on console, because aerial hitstun has been reduced, making jump-ins harder to profit off of.

Well, he can use qcb+ B midscreen to combo afer reaching the ground. It has a "sweet spot" where it works best. It seems to work best for me, at the height of a hop, allowing you to convert quick jumps into combos without having to start the "decend" portion of the hop, which is pretty snazzy.

The dp+B off a hop/jump C or D works midscreen as well, but it hard to combo off of. It truly shines in the corner, however! You can get 2 free qcf+A's off it, leading into more combo, 1 qcf+a into Dragon Dance, of go directly into his dp+A (DC) qcb+D juggle loops. It gives you TONS of options.

It's also possible to drive cancel out of any of these air hits, into Normal / EX aerial moves, but it's not the best damaging way. However, it can help you score knockdowns / get the opponent to where you want them easily.

He's VERY versatile with all this! I think this is all worth even more thanks to jump stun changes. Makes it easier for him to combo off jump and hop hits than anyone else in the game ;)