Author Topic: KOF 2002 UM - Xiangfei  (Read 17731 times)

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
Re: KOF 2002 UM - Xiangfei
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 02:05:35 PM »

I actually watched that, but it didn't really help me understand the timing any. I was hoping someone with experience playing her could explain it (maybe if I understood Japanese, the video explained it too, but I don't :x)

If I just spam the input just outside attack range while the CPU is set to attack over and over again, it will eventually trigger, but I can't figure out how to do it on purpose... and I've never gotten it to work when close enough to be hit. I either get hit or on rare occasion do her stand A and trade hits (or interrupt the attack). It never seems to trigger the counter when actually being in range to attack. Obviously I understand nothing of the timing.

you have to input the direction within few frames from pressing A
I have found out using  ;a +  ;fd is the hardest since the counter will happen only during the active frame of the medium attack (range doesnt matter)
you can practice by recording Yamazaki  ;dn ;db ;bk +  ;b multiple times and you will get the timing

usually I go for  ;a + ;dn (just a matter of guessing) & ;a + ;up (easy to catch jumping attacks)
I use it against all Choi jumping moves (except Max 2), Namless jump  ;c or jump  ;a and all cross jumps attempts when grounded but be careful as sometimes the counter miss the opponent

I wanted to share one more tip since very long time

instead of inputting ;dn ;db ;bk ;c after  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a or ;c
simply press  ;a + ;c for the follow up attack ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:15:15 PM by yamazaky96 »

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 2002 UM - Xiangfei
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 04:27:52 AM »
Xiangfei's Hitboxes: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2WAxkcvfTKdTVplWnRDRW1MZW8&usp=sharing

Please read this for more details: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=425.msg73547#msg73547547#msg73547

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note(s):

1. Xiangfei's leap super/Max 1, qcf, hcb+K/BD's hitbox will not activate until she connects to the opponent.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:41:26 AM by Amedø310 »