Author Topic: PSN NeoGeo Station  (Read 32427 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2011, 08:04:28 AM »
Update: I really enjoy it. One of the few oldschool KOF's with good controls. Only problem; really hard to get supers out, but strangely enough I can get Terry's out most of the time...

Online was pretty good, I didn't feel any lag. Liked the layout and interface, very easy to set your controls, the Smoothing option for the sprites is recommended. Only downside is no training mode. My best characters seem to be: Terry, Ralf, and either Eiji or Iori/Kyo. Terry just has everything you want in a character, plus his tC is a great poke. Ralf is almost exactly like Clark except he doesn't have a running grab, however he does have probably the best CD in the game, that thing has big range. Eiji has a good mindgame, good combos, a reflector, the Reflector is also a good meatie as they wakeup, etc. Iori/Kyo are just easy mode. Andy is really good too, plus he has Rekka's in this game.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
Wasn't 95 the last SNK game with ''stupid inputs?''

At least I don't recall that RB1 had them, and never a big player of samsho

The King Of Fighters 95 - PS3 Online Matches (SUPERJIMMY3000 vs Deathdeliverer)

Aerial Ryuuko Ranbu? lol this is new to me
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:27:41 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2011, 09:13:31 PM »
no it wasnt, it was however the last kof to do so. SS3 still had crazy inputs (i still remember buying these games on release dates back on neo cd).

edit
: these guys playing aint even that bad. they need to capitalize on their chances wqhen they get to do damage and they had a lot of oppurtunities to do  ;a  ;b, cancel that into evade attack and combo on. besides those 2 minor flaws, they played pretty decently.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:17:08 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2011, 09:13:53 PM »
That first match was pure Homogenius. I've played at least 2-3 Ryo's who were doing that shit, pretty annoying, and him doing that super in the air is funny as hell.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2011, 03:00:28 AM »
Nice that Rugal and Saisyu are playable in the game from the beginning

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2011, 05:48:50 AM »
i dont think ive seen these guys do it, but you can guard cancel in this game. when you have a full super meter you can basically do a breakshot ala rb style. for instance kyo was in red likfe and had a fukll super meter. kim tried to chip him out with a hangetsuzan but he still had ebough life left to survive, but in the end he lost. had he during the chipping of that move guard cancelled into super he could have won. if you dont think your super can outprioritize asnd evade a multi hitting move during the middle of it, you can also just guard cancel to say a dp instead of super (good case scenario for joe).

edit: never mind,  i did see robert afterwards doing it getting beat out. too bad the joe player didnt keep on juggling after hitting those golden heels on airborn opponent. he could have really hurt him bad had he done so.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:55:31 AM by MUSOLINI »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »
world heroes 1 and shock troopers announced for psn. as shit as wh is, st is fucking awesome. best part is we dont need to wait for part 2, part 1 is even better than 2.

Belegorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2011, 11:48:18 PM »
Just wondering...

Why the hell are they still releasing SNK's earliest, most mediocre (at best) fighters?  What better way to drum up support for KOF XIII than by putting out 98 and 02 on PSN?  They're also neo geo games, same hardware so it feels like they're arbitrarily starting at the beginning and taking years to go to the end.  Nice and all that kof 95 is on psn with decent netcode, but that would be the only reason I'd ever play 95 in a million years and probably no one here would either.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2011, 07:21:22 AM »
kof 05 is probably one of if not the best old school fighter around and best old school kof out there (only 94 is oldschool with 95, but 94 < 95 by a large fucking mile).

i get your point though, but there are some good old style games (ss2, ffs, ssf2t etc).

Belegorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2011, 07:24:16 AM »
kof 05 is probably one of if not the best old school fighter around and best old school kof out there (only 94 is oldschool with 95, but 94 < 95 by a large fucking mile).

i get your point though, but there are some good old style games (ss2, ffs, ssf2t etc).

Yes I do agree old games were good... but at that point they were still ripping off sf2 instead of trying to do something different, and more importantly, kof 95 doesn't actually play like... kof.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
but at that point they were still ripping off sf2 instead of trying to do something different, and more importantly, kof 95 doesn't actually play like... kof.

I dunno how you can say that. KOF since the beginning always had mobility and counterattack options the Street Fighter series always lacked, not to mention were always offense oriented.

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »

Yes I do agree old games were good... but at that point they were still ripping off sf2 instead of trying to do something different, and more importantly, kof 95 doesn't actually play like... kof.

wow the shit ppl say if anybodys rippin off is capcom.

fun fact:jojo's play like kof and its a capcom game. rolls, hypehops, super jumps and 95 gaurd cancel
friends dont let friends use bosses

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »

wow the shit ppl say if anybodys rippin off is capcom.

fun fact:jojo's play like kof and its a capcom game. rolls, hypehops, super jumps and 95 gaurd cancel

Let's take that a step further:

Capcom ripped off of SNK when they implemented supers in their games.

Also, let's look at the grooves in CvS2... How'd the hell did C and A groove get all of those buffs, when in their respective games you couldn't even do half of those things???

/offtopic

I felt World Heroes was a good game; at least WHP was dope imo... The infinites were retarded, but everybody was broken back then to my knowledge (minus like 2-3 people)...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
at least whp is playable, its the only decent wh out there. id even put this among the old school games out there, but for an old school game this one has lots of options but i just dont feel its as good as other old titles.

if i had to personally rate the oldschool fighters (yes this is a fg forum, people tier shit):

kof 95

SS 2

SSF2T

FFS

WHP

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2011, 01:14:25 AM »
I will play FFS over any of those, but well, that's just me

Waifu Material