Author Topic: PSN NeoGeo Station  (Read 32392 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« on: December 07, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »
NeoGeo Station: SNK's classic games for PS3 and PSP.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/game/neogeostation/

I hope they release it soon for USA and Europe PSN and they release more games, like all KOFs, FFs, etc.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:22:18 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »
this fucking sucks. all these games are utter crap. lets hope they at least release the good collections, like ff and rb, ss, kof o, kof n & the ms collections. thats whats up, not this bs.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Robo-mitsu

• New Challenger
  • His Royal Dudeship
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
I was excited to hear about that at first, and then I realized they were all being sold individually. Cmon SNK, an oldie bundle surely! The online will also most likely suck.
Memento mori...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
this fucking sucks. all these games are utter crap. lets hope they at least release the good collections, like ff and rb, ss, kof o, kof n & the ms collections. thats whats up, not this bs.

It's a starter point. If they are going to sell all SNK classics, they have to start from the beginning I guess. I'm sure they are planning release all titles of FF, aoF, SS and KOF.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »
It's a pretty cool idea. I just think the prices might be a bit too high.

900 yen for the PS3 version and 700 yen for the PSP version.

By comparison, KOF '98 on PSX is 500 yen on the (Japanese) PSN. I mean, I know it's not a great port, but still.

And the SNK Classics Collection on PSP is 2100 yen for 16 games. Buying all those individually from the NeoGeo Station would run you 11,200 yen!

I think 500 yen would have been the sweet spot. Personally.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
snkp is really fucking retarded. they wanna make money? then release something worthwhile for people to spend some money on. they should be releasing the collections for 900 or 1100 yen, not single fucking games. if they wanna be that retarded, ill just get myself a new labtop (or ps2slim with swap magic and free games) and get all the roms for free. they really wanna stop getting any respect and revenues? been an snk supporter since 91 buying their system and their games (on multiple systems), but if this is the way they gonna act, i say fuck em. matter of fact, they aint even gonna get my money on 13, ill buy the shit second hand. these fuckers really dont deserve any $$. last time i supported them. probably.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 04:38:44 PM »
snkp is really fucking retarded. they wanna make money? then release something worthwhile for people to spend some money on. they should be releasing the collections for 900 or 1100 yen, not single fucking games. if they wanna be that retarded, ill just get myself a new labtop (or ps2slim with swap magic and free games) and get all the roms for free. they really wanna stop getting any respect and revenues? been an snk supporter since 91 buying their system and their games (on multiple systems), but if this is the way they gonna act, i say fuck em. matter of fact, they aint even gonna get my money on 13, ill buy the shit second hand. these fuckers really dont deserve any $$. last time i supported them. probably.

Dude. Have you tried taking a deep breath and counting to ten?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
nah i was too pissed of at the news, lol. i got these games on neo cd, on ps2, and now i gotta buy all them single at psn? dont think so, its like snkp is really trying to burry themselves and stay underground. their business ideas are some of the worst ever. they would sell WAY more games if they would release collections at a fair price. they have long since invested in these games and made that money back 10 fold in not more. thats why they released the shit on ps2 as collections, cause they aint worth shit by themselves. they want people to buy their shit istead of playing roms? release the shit like it should be. fuck.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »
To be fair, this is Japan only anyway. Japan's game prices are typically higher.

Example: the KOF Orochi Saga was released on PSP in the US for $20, and in Japan for 5100 yen ($55).

Also, I see nothing wrong with selling games individually. It could make it easier for a newcomer to buy a game they've heard good things about, without having to track down a collection that costs more. Also, it allows them to release more obscure games that wouldn't really "fit" in a regular collection.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 05:10:28 PM »
To be fair, this is Japan only anyway. Japan's game prices are typically higher.

Example: the KOF Orochi Saga was released on PSP in the US for $20, and in Japan for 5100 yen ($55).

Also, I see nothing wrong with selling games individually. It could make it easier for a newcomer to buy a game they've heard good things about, without having to track down a collection that costs more. Also, it allows them to release more obscure games that wouldn't really "fit" in a regular collection.

You forgot that the Japanese version is also MORE FAITHFUL to the American Versions with far better emulation.  But yes the price premium does suck and the only things I'd get from that list are Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown and Magician Lord.  Since they're adding online for the PS3, does this mean trophies too?  There's tons of trophy hoes out there and exposing them to good games would be pretty boss too.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 05:23:59 PM »
you know they could always add these more obscure games in the collections. you said it yourself, obscure. you think more than 5 people would be buying this shit otherwise? no, but in a collection people would still be able to try it out at least. personally i think this is the stupidest shit snkp has done the least few months. i thought they finally wised up and finally grew some brains and did what ive been saying for years, that is releasing the collections on psn/live. but no, they just fucked it up. its a good thing its jpn only, cause they would sell shit anywhere else. snkp is really sucking sad, if only they had somebody in snkp that knew how the fuck a business is handled.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
ts a good thing its jpn only, cause they would sell shit anywhere else.

Is not only for japan.

http://neogeostation.snkplaymoreusa.com/na/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NeoGeo-Station/169231106430956

:D

This NeoGeo Station is a great new for PS3 users who like SNK games. Not because of these old titles they are going to release at the beginning, but because for 1st time, PS3 users have finally the chance to play KOFs, FFs, AoFs online (like xbox users with XBLA). I'm sure more titles will come.
Anyway, I agree with Rex about prices. they are crazy and I think they should sell all these titles in one or two packs.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »
you know they could always add these more obscure games in the collections. you said it yourself, obscure. you think more than 5 people would be buying this shit otherwise? no, but in a collection people would still be able to try it out at least. personally i think this is the stupidest shit snkp has done the least few months. i thought they finally wised up and finally grew some brains and did what ive been saying for years, that is releasing the collections on psn/live. but no, they just fucked it up. its a good thing its jpn only, cause they would sell shit anywhere else. snkp is really sucking sad, if only they had somebody in snkp that knew how the fuck a business is handled.

Coming to AMURICA too brother!

http://www.psnstores.com/2010/12/neogeo-games-confirmed-for-us-psn/

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 05:47:40 PM »
we will be able to finally play snk games on psn, and all these games suck ass cept for ms1 (which is imo the best ms, along with msx and 3 being close to it).

first of again, no collections, which sucks ass. add the fact that all these games suck ass and we dont get shit basically. at least for now. then first good ff game is ffs, not an opinion but a fact. dont care if people like it or not, but it was the first good ff game (that could compete with sf2 back then). first good ss game is 2. first good kof is 95, kof didnt get good again till 98 (97 for me). i jut hope they wise up and release some quality titles and collections.

also the arranged sountracks are a must imo, same for all the extras they added later on (like a training mode for the rb games, art galleries for ms, kof and all them).

i just hope they wont fuck this shit up.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »
To be fair with the overprice, unlike all those collections games that everybody is mentioning, this games will had online compatibility

Even though online cmpatibility and SNK are like mixing cat with dogs :D

Btw shiranaui_ninja, there's an SNK section in this board, you better search a little before posting ; )

This forum could separate threads and move them to other sections? to keep this thread on track

And mussolini, relax bro, if you don't like those games, don't buy them, you sound like SNKP raped you, the games will come out with time, and honestly, I don't care for arranged music, as long as the online is fine, good for me
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:00:19 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material