Author Topic: NGBC - Tung Fu Rue  (Read 8467 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - Tung Fu Rue
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able.
* cl ;d does two hits making it very easy to hit-confirm into command moves or special attacks only after the first hit.

Standing
* st. ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d is cancel-able/whiff cancel-able.

Crouching
* cr. ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able/whiff cancel-able.
* cr. ;b is chain-able and his best ground poke.
* cr. ;c is a moderately good anti-air if used early enough, it can canceled but only before her arm extends into the air
* cr. ;d is great in the corner, and can be canceled into his ;fd ;dn ;df + ;b ;d move (costs 1/2 of 1 stock in meter).

Jumping
* j. ;d is a great crossup tool that allows Tung's rapid P move to be used as an easy follow up.
(more to be updated)

Guard Cancel Tag Attack
* Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow Tung to do counter with a standing ;c , and he will then tag out.

Throw
Thousand Palms - ;bk / ;fd +  ;c  ;d
*Can be broken. Regular knockdown.

Command Moves
Kourin Hazaki: ;fd + ;c
* Tung does an overhead chop with an energy ball. This move can be linked to a special move or a desperation move. This move counts as an overhead.

Overhead Kick: ;fd + ;d
* Tung does a small jumping roundhouse towards the opponent. This move can be linked, but this move ends the combo. It is primarily used for mixups and closing in on the opponent. This move counts as an overhead.

Special Moves
Note: Moves that have an EX option will have the term "EX" in parentheses next to the command. In order to do the EX moves, both punches or both kicks need to be pressed together for the move to be executed. EX moves cost 1/2 of 1 full stock of meter.

Senshippo: qcb + ;a / ;c (EX)
* Tung does a dash punch like Gato from MOTW, or Yun from Street Fighter 3. The button strength determines the distance. The EX version does multiple hits and can nullify several hits from certain moves.

Ressen Kyaku: ;fd ;dn ;df + ;b / ;d (EX)
* Tung shoots upward, feet first while doing several air kicks. The button strength determines the arc and the number of hits. The EX version does multiple hits and slightly follows the arc that the ;d version makes.

Shou Ha: charge ;bk , ;fd + ;a
* Tung throws out a medium-sized fireball. This move can be used in a combo, but its not a great poking tool.

Geki Ha: charge ;bk , ;fd + ;c
* Tung throws out an even bigger fireball with enlarged arm. This move is the better fireball to use in terms of poking and zoning. It can push opponents back, and even if they decide to GCFS, you are still at a safe distance.

Gekihou: ;a / ;c rapidly
* This is the move to use often. Tung can combo easily with this move, allowing him to not only build meter, but do combos ranging from 15-30+ hits. It has a huge hitbox, as some opponents that attempt to jump over will not be able to; however, this move can be stopped by projectiles, and a few normal moves. This version of NeoGeo Battle Coliseum doesn't allow Tung to reach 40 hits off of this move anymore.

Raimei Kyaku: in the air, ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b
* This is Tung's dive kick. It can be a combo starter, or it can be used to bait out attack moves or specials. This move cannot be done using the tiger knee method, and this move can only be done with ;b .

Joujiken: in the air, ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a / ;c
* This is another air dash attack that Tung is capable of doing. This time, he dives head first with fist out. At its best, its only good to use as a counter to fireball pressure. The button strength determines the slant/distance at which Tung travels.

Kuuchuu Senpuuken: in the air, ;dn ;db ;bk + ;c
* Tung does a spinning attack with his chi-enfused arms. This move can be executed with the tiger knee method. The button strength determines the distance.

Desperation Moves
Teigekiken: ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd + ;b / ;d
* Tung grows into his massive form and does a wide range attack. This move counts as an overhead.

Senpuu Gouken:  ;fd ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a / ;c
* Tung does a super version of his Kuuchuu Senpuuken. The button strength determines whether he stays in place ( ;a ) or moves forward ( ;c ).

Chou Shou Nami: ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a / ;c (when meter stock is at level 3)
* Tung uses all his chi to shoot a massive blast of energy (like a Kamehameha). This move has a very slow start-up, but does a considerable amount of damage, as well as chip damage.

A/D Assault
* Tung Fu Rue has no A/D Assault.

Strats and combos can be found here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tung_Fu_Rue_(NGBC)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:11:37 AM by jinxhand »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: NGBC - Tung Fu Rue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »
Tung reminds me a lot of Master Roshi...

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »
In corner on a crossup dive kick MuscleMan can land up to 55 hits or so. Tung has multiple ways to land MuscleMan, also his Muscleman Super has more priority than Regular Muscleman, but obviously does less damage. There is an art to tapping regular Muscleman with Tung that must be mastered in order to play him to his full potential.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »
What is the actual speed/timing on the Muscleman special??? I've tried doubling the tapping speed, and even tripling the tapping speed, all while timing it and still no luck...

I guess when I do find it, I'll try to record it and post it up...

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
What is the actual speed/timing on the Muscleman special??? I've tried doubling the tapping speed, and even tripling the tapping speed, all while timing it and still no luck...

Depends on how you combo it, as an anti air or by itself you only tap three times in a split second  after starting around the 11 hit frame then release and let it go until the 19 hit frame and then it depends on if they are in the corner or not from there on out. An opponent jumping in the corner with Tung's back to the corner on PS2 and arcade can yield Tung 70 hits but it's gonna take a lot for me to go into all that right now. I'd rather just stick to the basics.

Off a St.D to f+C to Muscleman instead of the 11 hits, triple tap around the 12-13 hit frame, and then around 21 hits and then if they are backturned when you crossed them up, again around 28 hits to finalize what he can land backturned outside of the corner.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 08:04:08 PM »

Depends on how you combo it, as an anti air or by itself you only tap three times in a split second  after starting around the 11 hit frame then release and let it go until the 19 hit frame and then it depends on if they are in the corner or not from there on out. An opponent jumping in the corner with Tung's back to the corner on PS2 and arcade can yield Tung 70 hits but it's gonna take a lot for me to go into all that right now. I'd rather just stick to the basics.

Off a St.D to f+C to Muscleman instead of the 11 hits, triple tap around the 12-13 hit frame, and then around 21 hits and then if they are backturned when you crossed them up, again around 28 hits to finalize what he can land backturned outside of the corner.

Cool, I'm gonna have to start trying this out... I'm also loving that his EX kicks can combo in the corner...

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 01:24:53 AM »
Also something else to note- He has some instant overheads depends on how short the opponent is:

Neutral Jump A and forward/backwards jump b.

If one doesn't work the other one probably will.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 05:49:17 AM »
Wouldn't NJ. A leave you in a extremely punishable position?

Dark Geese

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »

You can mid air cancel it with dive kick.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »

Can you do the dive kick after a ;uf ;a ??

Dark Geese

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »

Can you do the dive kick after a ;uf ;a ??

Yes you can!!! After both you can do the dive kick or the twirling mid air punches.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
My number one question is why are all the Japanese players I fight say he's a weak character overall??? I know of course against high tier characters its an uphill battle, but against characters like Geese, Rock, Terry, Kyo, and even K' its not as hard, I just have to stay on my toes, and know when to MuscleMan... Only lower tier characters that can pose a threat would be a very solid Asura, and Cyber Woo, since her command grab can eat alot of hits in the MuscleMan, and beat it out... I think in the xbox version though, she only takes several hits vice all of the hits (I'll probably test it today)...

Dark Geese

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
My number one question is why are all the Japanese players I fight say he's a weak character overall??? I know of course against high tier characters its an uphill battle, but against characters like Geese, Rock, Terry, Kyo, and even K' its not as hard, I just have to stay on my toes, and know when to MuscleMan... Only lower tier characters that can pose a threat would be a very solid Asura, and Cyber Woo, since her command grab can eat alot of hits in the MuscleMan, and beat it out... I think in the xbox version though, she only takes several hits vice all of the hits (I'll probably test it today)...

In their region he is weak (and only a few players play him, Debukun and another Nakoruru-Tung player), that's why they say that. Remember as a whole to take what one particular region may say and acknowledge it, but remember different regions have different tiers!

Tung's worst matchup is Big. Everyone else in the game he can fight and fight well. Anyone that doesn't have a definitive way to stop dive kick to muscleman is fair game for Tung.

Now he doesn't have good mixups really so most of his stuff is really centered around dive kick and landing muscleman, but this is again why it is very important to use his cr.bx2/3 and instant overhead tricks because then you incorporate the stuff Tung needs to be well.

You must remember in Japan when the game came out they had Tung as bottom tier...do you think Tung is bottom tier here?

I certainly do not, he is A Class here the more I see and learn about him.

Just remember again, regional differences explain a lot in the tier lists...believe me I would have a lot of conversations with these Japanese players of this type of nature.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 09:21:37 PM »
Yeah I understand that not everybody in Japan sees him as strong because of the number of players, whereas anywhere else he's strong, primarily because of MM combos and that Kamehameha... But yeah I was thinking that he was generally weak because he for example sucks when it comes to trading hits... That's not the case for the most part though, which is good...

I do notice that his mixups aren't the greatest... ;fd ;d is rather slow but it does gain some ground, and doing cl ;d ;fd ;c is great, but there's nothing safe to end it with, because his fireballs are charge moves, and he can't charge partition unless there's some crazy trick to it that doesn't involve holding the analog and dpads (I use stick though, so that's out of the question for me)...

I don't see his height as a weakpoint now... Out of the smaller characters, he's one of the fastest, and he can dodge alot of fireballs and some pokes... I believe he poses a threat for Mizuchi, since he can either run or do a ;dn ;d sweep (for you old school MK players who dodge fireballs) and avoid the ;hcb ;fd fireballs... Running seems to lower the hitbox, but as of now, I have no valid way of testing the hitbox other than constant repitition of the setup and taking note of the results... The only threat Mizuchi has are those ;hcb moves that shoot pillars of light (I forget the names)...

Tung's EX dash punch can go through those pillars I believe, except when fighting the "actual" boss right??? I know EX dash punch is great against Iori, and especially K' players that like to ;qcf ;a ;fd ;b alot...

Dark Geese

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
I agree with everything you just posted, thus again I don't look into it too much if I know there aren't that many players of said character.  Same with Angel in 2002 UM, I don't look much into their ranking of her as Mid Tier if there are only like 3 Angel players (80% of Mexico knows how to use Angel) in all Japan.....

Same with Duo Lon even with Leader being Mid Tier in KOFXI when there's like only 1-2 maybe Duo Lon Leader players (10 at least in Mexico) in Japan total..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:27:26 PM by Dark Geese »