Author Topic: Giving Thanks to the Dream Cancel community  (Read 17313 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Giving Thanks to the Dream Cancel community
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 08:41:56 AM »
For what it's become, and what it can be in the future, I'm happy to be a part of it. This is a great place to be as an SNK fan, and as a fighting fan.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

krazykone123

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 04:27:40 PM »
Ok, I agree with this right here. I contribute a little of the knowledge that I have and sometimes I am a little busy to spend time to write up or finish up things in the wiki. Plus sometimes I may feel like I should research and experiment with the game more before I add anything to the wiki to make sure that is accurate.

Nothing wrong with that.

Also, I'm sad that there isn't anything much on the 98UM and the OG 2002 wiki is incomplete. We also don't have a XI wiki too...

The OG2002 wiki is empty for a few reasons, and while I could work on the 98UM I'm too busy with the 2002UM wiki, and making a XI wiki at the moment would be a waste because nobody here would work on it except me, you, and jinx, the last thing we need is more work.

Yes, I think I've said this a few times when the site first emerge that people should try to learn the older games first and not save themselves when KOFXIII drops, which is what exactly people are doing...And many of the people that are excited for the game and are talking in the forum section (especially the general discussion thread) probably don't even understand the whole KOF system as a whole.

It would suck to have just people that play KOFXIII and not any other KOF games. That's sorta like how SSF4 have players that JUST play that game and haven't explored or learned any other SF games.

Yeah we gotta steer away from that crap.

I wish there was more in depth gameplay discussion myself, there is too much general discussion and speculation on KOFXIII and other stuff which I feel can maybe turn away a lot of the more knowledgeable and serious players of KOF. They may say "Oh, there isn't no serious discussions of the game here, so maybe they don't wanna learn it or take it seriously".

I'd be more comfortable having this site full of serious, dedicated and skilled players rather than just 'fans' of the game. In my interview with Osirun I said that many other KOF sites were fan heavy, it would be too bad of dc became apart of them...

Exactly, we don't need more fans, we need more players. If you're still a fan of KOF I think it's about time you take the next step forward, time to grow up people.

I think you already know my feelings on that topic and I even made a thread about it that no one took very seriously which made me feel that no one takes learning the game seriously too, so I'm not sure how we can make more people play on those online platforms.  :/

Well have to start somewhere, the next day I have off we should have a few online sets in 2k2 on ARClive.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 08:31:40 PM »
Exactly, we don't need more fans, we need more players. If you're still a fan of KOF I think it's about time you take the next step forward, time to grow up people.

The whole post was true and dope, but this is quotable and sig worthy!!!

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!!!!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 01:24:37 AM »
I think I'll make it a New Years' Resolution to contribute more here. Truth be told, I've been focusing more on my own very very miniscule communtiy locally here, trying to make it bigger. Its quite an uphill battle and unfortunately its not going too well (Florida has strict gambling laws which would shut me down real quick even if I had a venue for tournaments) and because of all of this, I've been sooo focused into Capcom games to which, I find inferior to SNK games. I've been wanting to cross the Rubicon for some time now, and make it back home to where I want to be, but the lack of proper online play as diminished my interest ten-fold in the KoF community, ontop of seeing no drive for SNK fans in America other than a very small handful.

However, people like Dark Geese and Nilcam have inspired me and seeing you all here wanting more drive well...its encouraging me to once again put forth large efforts into the SNK online community. With the advent of GGPO, 2DF, Arclive, Supercade and even XBL/PSN, we have plenty of venues in order to achieve the desired goals. I'm not big tournament player nor am I a very good player, but I do want to improve myself and get more people interested in SNK games. KoF XII's failure was ultimately, the last nail in the coffin that killed my drive to do anything but I can't let that happen any longer. Once a week at least, I am going to do something for this community here. I promised someone a long time ago I would do this on the old SNKP message boards, but seeing as thats gone and Ignition really isn't the place to do it, its time to do it here! I hope everyone will openly contribute. I will probably be focusing first on the Fatal Fury series (and no, not Garou). Sorry if thats a downer for all you KoF 98/02/XIII loving kiddies, but I love FF and AoF and they're still worth playing. People still play ST to this day, so why not Fatal Fury Special? ;p With that, Merry Christmas! Everyone feel free to bug me or harass me, I forget easily and often times grow lazy, but I want to put forth serious effort here.

krazykone123

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:28 AM »
improve myself, and get more people interested in SNK games.

Keep it in that order. Learn/improve/play the game, then worry about getting more people to play it, and make sure your efforts are rewarded through prudence and not through force.

but I want to put forth serious effort here.

People do a lot of talk around here, some of them may be tellin' the truth but a lot of them are just talking out the side of their neck. If you are serious I'll hold you to what you said, no bullshit.

I'm still trying to steer this website back in the right direction.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 05:54:50 AM by krazykone123 »

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 10:11:14 AM »
Be careful what you say, Rip Van Winkle. Zamiel may come for you =P

With that said, yes I need to improve myself. Do I feel the need to halt trying to gather more people because I need to improve? No. My skills are not so bad as that to where I am at the entry level, but I won't act like I am solid either. In either case, being serious about a fighting game means constant improvement. No one is ever really done getting better. Are there any actual high-level tournament players here? Well, as high as KoF gets in the Americas. I know outside China and Korea, SNK stuff ain't too hot unless you go to Central and South America.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:24:22 AM by steamwolf »

krazykone123

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »
Be careful what you say, Rip Van Winkle. Zamiel may come for you =P

Heh, I see what you did there.

Do I feel the need to halt trying to gather more people because I need to improve? No.

Well I'm not telling you to stop, it's just that if you were to choose to do one at a time I'll say you do the former and not the latter.

My skills are not so bad as that to where I am at the entry level, but I won't act like I am solid either. In either case, being serious about a fighting game means constant improvement. No one is ever really done getting better.

True that.

Are there any actual high-level tournament players here? Well, as high as KoF gets in the Americas. I know outside China and Korea, SNK stuff ain't too hot unless you go to Central and South America.

That depends what you mean by "high-level tournament players", if you meant on a world level then I'd say no, but then again you have to start somewhere right?