Author Topic: Leona Corner Pressure  (Read 4920 times)

ZombiesAteDiana

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Leona Corner Pressure
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »
Using a Team of Kyo, Terry, and Mai

I was having problems getting out the corner. Moon slasher and Baltic Launcher got me almost all the time. It could have been because my opponent read me like a book but any advice would be great. The only way I got out the corner was rolling after a bait. Counter hits and punishes, if I baited my opponent, or super jumping.

Even after that I was still having problems. With Mai I was able to wall jump escape but terry and kyo I was having real problems. Any tips or moves to counter? Any info would be appreciated.

Ps. Hope this is the right section to post this.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Corner Pressure
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »
Well it depends on your situation, do you have any stock yourself?  Regular Moon Slasher is punishable after block (you just can't be too far.  Regular Moon Slasher also doesn't have invincibility on start up so you can hit her out of her with Kyo's jump down C.  You can also sweep Baltic Launcher at the right range. 

If you have a stock just Guard Cancel AB roll after blocking the first hit of the Baltic Launcher and do a corner combo on her. 

ZombiesAteDiana

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »
oh thats good to know I thought Moon Slasher has invincibility as for the Baltic Launcher I did not try to sweep. Thanks for the tips and will see if this works for me.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »
oh thats good to know I thought Moon Slasher has invincibility as for the Baltic Launcher I did not try to sweep. Thanks for the tips and will see if this works for me.

Just watch out for her Ex version.   I suppose this is a good place to post it, or alternatively you can post a topic like this in the Leona thread -- since you're just starting out then it's cool here.

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:33:18 AM »
Does she have any type meterless frame traps that she could use mid-screen or in the corner?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 08:57:51 AM »
If I clearly recall, her heavy kick Grand Saber (b~f+D) is neutral on block, so perhaps you can experiment around with that?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32:25 AM »
If I clearly recall, her heavy kick Grand Saber (b~f+D) is neutral on block, so perhaps you can experiment around with that?
I tested it out and it seems it works really well with her st.D after the first hit,but I'm gonna see what else I can add to it.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:35 AM »
I tested it out and it seems it works really well with her st.D after the first hit,but I'm gonna see what else I can add to it.

Some players I've seen and played like to cancel her st. CD with it (which is good by itself) so you can try that too.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 05:41:12 AM »
I didn't even think about using st. CD,but I see why now with some much push back on block.I was able to come up with one,it's in the works though. ;)