Author Topic: Cr.D as an anti-air?  (Read 4007 times)

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Cr.D as an anti-air?
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:08:38 AM »
I was reading up on the match-up against K,and I saw that she can use her cr. ;d as an anti-air...I just wondering if it's only used against certain jump-in attacks?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Cr.D as an anti-air?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »
You can use her sweep against moves that are fairly horizontal like Shen's j.CD or Iori's j.B. Moves like that have very little or no lower body hitbox so you can hit them on the way down with the sweep. Also, her body shrinks down when she does the sweep so she's less vulnerable to being hit.

Zen Woo

• New Challenger
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
    • Team|Frontera Blogspot
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
I was reading up on the match-up against K,and I saw that she can use her cr. ;d as an anti-air...I just wondering if it's only used against certain jump-in attacks?

Yup is very useful and tricky, try to punish jumping CDs. do NOT abuse it, use it as a shenanigan.

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »
You can punish moves that cover the area around (above) the head of your crouching character, like Iori's j.D or takuma (early) j.CD or simply attacks used as air to air, used early in the jump by using attacks that lower your own hitbox, Leona goes very low with the d.D that's why you can do this.
Moves that aim very low like Kyo jd.C or Iori's j.C are usually moves that come very late in your opponent's jump so you have another option to anti air them. You have to guess (except your opponent does big forward jumps from super away but good players avoid this) if your opponent is gonna aim above you to prevent you from attacking or deep to combo, with the appropriate anti air

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »
Thanks for the info guys,I'm most definitively gonna test it out in training mode against the whole cast ;)

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:48:44 AM »
Can Leona's ;dn+ ;d beat cross-up attacks like Iori's jump ;bk+ ;b or Kyo's fast jump ;dn+ ;c? Will it do auto-correct if timed right?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
Can Leona's ;dn+ ;d beat cross-up attacks like Iori's jump ;bk+ ;b or Kyo's fast jump ;dn+ ;c? Will it do auto-correct if timed right?

Hmm, not sure, try it in training mode using the record button and Kyo or Iori as the dummy. Let us know what you find. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

TxC [ON] Vicio

• New Challenger
  • Kill!
    • View Profile
    • My stream!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 07:26:05 PM »
Back to the  ;dn + ;c , It's best against hop attacks specially if they aim to combo or pressure after, for they will try to do them deep and you'll snuff their attack. At worst it will whiff, your opponent will end up behind you and full punish, because if you don't cancel the recovery is awful, so always cancel into  ;fd + ;b on whiff or block. You'll be -7 as opposed to -18. Edit: I forgot that strike arch( ;fd + ;b) has faster recovery when chained. It's either -3 or -4.

The positive of  ;fd + ;c is that it comes out fast and it moves you forward, but this is the main reason why it whiffs if you're in the corner when they do a normal jump. If they do a normal jump your timing has to be on point, otherwise you'll get crossed up and punished heavily.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:40:00 PM by [ON]Vicio RebelSpark »
Kill!