Author Topic: Goro getting in and using bar.  (Read 3051 times)

bitcrusher

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Goro getting in and using bar.
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:35:19 AM »
Hello, does anyone want to show a video on how to get in and deal damage with Goro? I always feel like I am swatting flies and mostly blocking.  I can catch anti-airs with the air grab special but I don't know how to pull out the dp.k to chain to DM and then NeoMax.  Kula and king and other zoners destroy me, I feel helpless :/.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Goro getting in and using bar.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
There is actually a video with Bala using Goro on a stream but I'm having trouble finding it.

He has more of a stronger neutral game than just rushing in, but keep in mind that his s.B is FAST and hits low, while his s.A is good for stopping hops. Try to use his normals more and his qcb+K rolls if you wanna evade fireballs, but it will still be difficult, especially against King. He also has his dp+A and thats pretty much like a full screen sweep, so try to use that sometimes. His close game isn't very strong and he can be taken advantage by characters that have good close normals, so try to be patient and keep blocking to wait for an opening.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

topdawg122

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:47:09 AM »
s.D is really good and seems like a pretty decent anti-air. Sometimes I try to frame trap into his s.C df.C and hit confirm that into ex grab for combo possibilities.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
Try looking up the NEC '11 archives, Reynald uses Goro in the tourney including in the finals.

In general, Goro is real strong in a Clark sort of a way but at the same time he has very apparent bad matchups against strong zoners.  Your best bet is to use a carefully timed Ex qcb+K cancelled into a command grab then [SC] into his DM.