Author Topic: Goro Daimon (Arcade Version)  (Read 26107 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: Goro Daimon
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:11 PM »
damn, would have been soo sexy if you could do it not being in the corner. like ex throw,  ;df ;c, roll,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c or some shit.

Actually now that I think about it, it might work because his qcb+K is cancellable. We'd have to test it out.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 10:35:30 PM »
damn, would have been soo sexy if you could do it not being in the corner. like ex throw,  ;df ;c, roll,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c or some shit.

Tried that when I first tried using him months ago, doesn't work.  The hcf+A will miss.  

Actually now that I think about it, it might work because his qcb+K is cancellable. We'd have to test it out.

Specifically his qcb+B only cancels.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 06:45:13 AM »
ive seen him juggle with ex  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c after that same combo in the corner.so maybe when your not in a corner it might catch them as well?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

krazykone123

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »
No Gauge
- st.C, df+C, qcb+K, hcb f+P
- j.C, st.B, dp+K

1 Gauge
- (cross-up) j.B, st.Ax2, st.B, hcb f+AC

Corner
- (cross-up) j.B, st.Ax2, st.B, hcb f+AC, df+C, hcf+A

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 04:28:07 AM »
Corner
- (cross-up) j.B, st.Ax2, st.B, hcb f+AC, df+C, hcf+A

would his neomax work as an otg after this combo.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:31 AM »
His Neomax is now a counter

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »
I used to think Goro was near the bottom of the game's tier list. Taking away the auto-guard on his hcf+P moves seems almost unfair. Especially when SNK was so generous to Maxima. Also, his drive cancel, super cancel and HD combos are generally pointless, except for allowing him to combo into his NM.

But his NM is just too awesome. Is its startup instant? It seems like it. And it's so hard to notice until it's too late. It's enough to keep Goro terrifying.

The best way to play him seems to be to keep 3 gauges and 100% drive ready at all times. Just sit on it. If your opponent isn't paying attention, you can pretty easily counter any jump in on reaction. Once your opponent is afraid of your NM (as they should be), you need to just pick them apart with Goro's excellent normals, earthquake and, of course, his normal grabs.

To me, this seems like the most threatening kind of Goro.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 05:43:16 PM »
agreed, goro shouldn't rely on dc but dm bars. i think hed make a great 2nd or 3rd char.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »
Would anyone care to put the videos where Goro was beasting from the video thread up here??  I didn't go through all the vids to find it

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 07:45:17 PM »
There's some Decent Goro play in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuH62n-gko

But as of the 3rd battle, the Goro player joins the K' side :(

This vid brought up a question: Can Goro stikk land hcf ;c after a strong knockdown in this game? This guy never seems to attempt it after either a jumping CD, or a sweep, and if it DOES still work, he misses a lot of damage due to not using it...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »
There's some Decent Goro play in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuH62n-gko

But as of the 3rd battle, the Goro player joins the K' side :(

This vid brought up a question: Can Goro still land hcf ;c after a strong knockdown in this game? This guy never seems to attempt it after either a jumping CD, or a sweep, and if it DOES still work, he misses a lot of damage due to not using it...

Yes you can hcf+C OTG after knockdown like j.CD, sweep etc...  After a sweep is risky as they can tech roll and punished your now whiffed hcf+C instead.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 01:43:18 AM »

so its a counter that hits them even if they dont attack you? something like lizzys NM.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 04:55:31 AM »

so its a counter that hits them even if they dont attack you? something like lizzys NM.
Only when Max Canceled. Just like in XI, comboing into a counter DM from another DM changes the moves' properties.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 05:13:09 AM »
Yes you can hcf+C OTG after knockdown like j.CD, sweep etc...  After a sweep is risky as they can tech roll and punished your now whiffed hcf+C instead.

-nod- Good point on the Tech roll, I guess that just gives a 50/50 mixup between waiting for the roll for another throw, or going directly onto the OTG throw, off the sweep. And I believe it was the Tech Refs that showed him able to combo Osotogari (DP throw), DC into Kirikabugaeshi (hcf ;c).

I forget it the Overhead EX Jiraishin produces untechable knockdown or not (since noone has used it since the loss of the EX Bug...), but I'd assume he can land Kirakabugeshi after that, as well. Just seems like so much that we DON'T get to see him do, like Rex Dart's mention of his incredibly potent counter.

Only when Max Canceled. Just like in XI, comboing into a counter DM from another DM changes the moves' properties.

Really wish Capcom would have adapted this ideal, too. It's great to have a counter work offensively (When comboed into) and defensively (on it's own). I really enjoyed doing this with Kasumi in XI, and every time I'd see Fei Long or Cammy loose the ability to combo into Ultra with their U2's, it'd make me enjoy SNK's style of counters SDM / LDM / NM that much more...

I've never really been a Goro player, but the lack of seeing people take full advantage of him does make me wanna see how he feels in XIII. And with the lack of Shermie and B.Mary, I wouldn't mind having another grappler to compliment Maxima and Vice...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »
you know what sucks about cammy and feis counters? level 3 focus and moves that have armour breaking properties like a tatsu will break that fucking counter. now THAT sucks way more ass than anything else ive seen in sf counter moves. also dying with dudley when you do get the counter or ex counter sucks too.