Hello everyone, EVB MarshallLawKOF here posting a break down on Nelson. Hope this help and if you have any questions please ask. Also big thanks to desmond_kof for allowing me to post this in the Nelson forum.
Keep in mind that this is being based off the Demo build for nelson so things may be subject to change.Close Normalscl.a
- One of his fastest normals(4f) and its pretty safe(-2). What's good about this normal is that it works on
crouching opponents and can be chained into his overhead(6B) and/or low b which is his true low. So there's a very strong mixup game with this one button. On top of that, it can be used to whiff punish then go into his RUSH(Auto Combo).
By far one of his best buttons.cl.b
- This button is very questionable. Reason being is because it whiffs on crouching opponents BUT!
its 0f on block and it can be linked into his low a or b for a low game and chained into his overhead. So this button is very good but not
somthing to use 100% of the time. Keep in mind, command normals can be used after this move. Not to mention its 5f.cl.c
this button is godlike because it hits twice, that said its easy to hitconfirm and chained into command
normals. this move can be chained with overhead into his combo strings. So if it didnt hit your safe to avoid all
together. This move is 5f and -5 on block.cl.d
- This normal is a VERY VERY good frame trap tool, hitconfirm, overhead chain, and plus1 on block so a solid
poking tool. This move is 6f which is very good for a heavy button with those options, by far top 3 his best button
- Is pretty much the same as cl.a but covers more range with it being 6f and -1 on block. Sadly this move whiffs
crouching opponents BUT good Anti Air vs short hops.st.b
- A slight better version of cl.b but much safe on block (+2) but still whiffs on crouching opponents. This move
is 6f as well so not to bad in neutal and also to AA with but dont get to use it to often, theres better normals.st.c
- THIS IS THE TO GO TO BUTTON! this normal is 9f which is kinda slow BUT the range this normal has believe it
or not this normal stuffs hops,incoming offense so you can use this for defense, poke, maxmode confirm and blowback
bait. All these options for it to be -3.st.d
- This normal imo isnt all that good at all honestly besides whiff punish and maxmode cancel. 11f and -5 on block.Crouching Normalscr.a
- Same as his st.a. 4f and -1 on block, can be linked after cr.b or st.a then you can command normal from it.
Very good low starter for pressure or mixups.cr.b
- THIS IS YOUR TRUE LOW, links into cr.a and SUPER easy to hitconfirm with. 5f and -2 on block good use for pokes.cr.c
- This is a very good Anti Air normal vs Long jumps and its cancelable into anything so that means mixups on the
. This normal is 6f and -10 on block, only use for AA.cr.d
- His second low he has that gives him alot of options like dash cancel. 7f and -10 on block.CD
- Sends his opponent flying fullscreen, also cancelable with special moves. 15f and -4 on block.Jumping Normalsj.a
- Very good air to air normal and great at checking opponents out and keeping them honest on the ground.
Even tho theres not much after you can get beside neutral being reset.j.b
- This button is pretty good why, its a 2 hit chain coming down and you can whiff the second coming down to mixup.
Good offense/pressure tool.j.c
- Your to go to jump normal with it being VERY active. Use it.j.d
- This is another Questionable button due to the angel it hits, its decent at best.j.CD
- Very strong air to air normal that gives you freedom to get close, use it.Throwsc throw
knocks back and opponent can recoverd throw
is a true knock down with a free mixup on wake upCommand Normals
Now this character has alot of command normals that helps with his neutal and pressure
NOTE: These cancels work also by whiff canceling which is very very cool and good open characters up.
Now the way these work, they work based off the combination you start with, for example- combination A cant
chain into another A but chains into B but with B you use it also to start the next combination so there for you can use
Another combination b then c. Combination c is your choice of ender.4a
is a left uppercut to the body thats cancel into combination b or maxmode or super6a
is a right hook to the body that is cancel into combination b or maxmode or super4b
is juggle starter after combination a or continue 6b or cr.b6b
is either after or before combination 4b
. starter comes after combination a
, either way its circles
with combination b
so test them out.
Enders combination c
comes after b
which you cant dont c then d, you can only do combination ABC or ABD or BC
4c is a guard breaks
upc is a overhead knock down
6c is combo filler
cr.c is a sweep
4d is to dash away aka step back
6d is to dash closeSpecial Moves
HCF+b or d allows him to dash and duck. This move also supports EX in maxmode.
HCBF+a or c is his command grab that helps open up his opponent and mix ups.DM Moves
QCFx2+a or c Super that can be combo into or use as a Anti Air and a reversal to throws and lows. Also cancel into climax.
QCFx2+b or d Super that force crumbles into a mixup and of course cancel into climax.Climax Art
QCF,HCB+a+c Most damaging super and use for both reversal and Anti Air.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7V3R09QGds
There is a basic combo video I made for nelson to get people started.