Author Topic: GNGC 2 KOF Tournament Results!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7300 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
GNGC 2 KOF Tournament Results!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 19, 2010, 10:10:18 PM »
Because of time restraints and Super Street Fighter 4 taking over the tournament, we ran only 98UM and KOFXII. We had almost an hour full of casuals and we started the tournament almost an hour late.

Here are all the videos, I wont spoil the who won, so just watch!!!

KOFXII
Round robin gauntlet style

KOF98UM

Couple of matches from the second round of the tournament and semi finals

WINNERS FINALS - Dojo Destroyer vs Dirtywerk

LOSERS FINALS - Ladybutterfly vs Dirtywerk

GRAND FINALS - Ladybutterfly vs Dojo Destroyer

playlist

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3A680349D32401EF

I had a great time, too bad 2002UM didn't get ran, everyone went home after 98UM, we finished at like 1:30am, lol.

Until next time!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:45:54 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: GNGC 2 KOF Tournament Results!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »
Out of curiosity, what's GNGC stand for?

syxx

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
games n go championships

so glad i didn't go now

i played 12 like 3 times and 98um like twice

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »
To be honest, I don't see the reason why anyone would even play 12. I had my fun with it, but I would rather play 98UM or 2k2UM. Unless the people there still have a small scene for it.

syxx

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »
yeah i can tell u i would have just straight up lost it if i went that far for tournaments that ended up not happening

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 02:44:12 AM »
I think we will kill off KOFXII for GNGC 3 because of XIII. The reason why we play is because it's actually a fun game when you play it at a high level even though it's hella scrubby and weird compared to other KOF games.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 02:48:06 AM »
Ladybutterfly is a girl gamer?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 02:50:38 AM »
^^ Yup, yup.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 03:05:01 AM »
Ah nice. Its refreshing to see girl gamers, especially in kof.

Her vice is not bad, at least she knows combos but she should use more of shermies tools. far sC is good mid range and cC is good anti air (which is why I like her better in 98 then 2k2 for those two attacks). Be good if she used them abit more. Also mixup with CU jC after hcf+A without the addon....

Anyways, matches as a whole were enjoyable and always room for improvement.

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 01:52:04 AM »
yeah i can tell u i would have just straight up lost it if i went that far for tournaments that ended up not happening

Uh then welcome to my world, that is how it has been for a long, and I do mean a very long time..I go to places, tournaments that are supposed to happen don't, or I would travel to far ends of the USA to run SNK tournaments, and then decide it would not be worth it for just 4-5 people, so we would decide to do casuals, but do I get mad at that? No..it is what it is.

Dark Chaotix- I must say it is a pleasure seeing you around here long time no see!

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 02:49:15 AM »
Dark Chaotix- I must say it is a pleasure seeing you around here long time no see!

Hey DG

I dont post that much here and Im not at CX no more. I reside at ON now.

Yeah its been awhile...

syxx

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 10:58:06 AM »

Uh then welcome to my world, that is how it has been for a long, and I do mean a very long time..I go to places, tournaments that are supposed to happen don't, or I would travel to far ends of the USA to run SNK tournaments, and then decide it would not be worth it for just 4-5 people, so we would decide to do casuals, but do I get mad at that? No..it is what it is.

well there was like 20 some people there for kof but the thing is 98 must have taken forever because if you watched grand finals they said they started at 1:30 am and then of course no one stayed after for 2k2um which followed... well at least not enough to run a decent tournament.

Dark Geese

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »

well there was like 20 some people there for kof but the thing is 98 must have taken forever because if you watched grand finals they said they started at 1:30 am and then of course no one stayed after for 2k2um which followed... well at least not enough to run a decent tournament.

Trust me I am well informed on what happened, after all remember, GNGC2 is partnered with LDA Inc., so I am well informed in regards to what is going on, but just saying in general, that stuff is going to happen...nothing is going to be perfect every single time, doesn't matter where you are.

Bottom line is that everyone had fun, because there are always going to be things to look at in regards to what to address etc.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:11:06 PM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »

It's no big deal man, like DG explained shit happens tourneys don't always get ran on time, but it will happen for sure. The tourney didn't start on time because they were busy making the SSF4 and Smash singles brackets, so we did casuals for almost an hour, so we were thankful we got any KOF in at all, and it got a lot of attention from folks too.

syxx

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 01:50:34 AM »
are the full results going to be posted?  Things are really picking up for KOF in the midwest and I wanna know who to look out for in the future. :)