Author Topic: Samurai Shodown VI (サムライスピリッツ 天下一剣客伝)  (Read 13905 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Samurai Shodown VI (サムライスピリッツ 天下一剣客伝)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 02:53:54 AM »
I've started playing this game recently. Does everyone play on the defaulted style? I prefer the one where I'm allowed to combo and can't block. The need to stay on my feet and be constantly evasive excites me in this game.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »
When I did play it, I stuck with the SS4 groove, but then switched to the SS5S groove... It kinda didn't matter to me though, as long as I had some form of evading so I could zone with Mina... When I used Andrew, I stuck with SS4 groove, as he could combo, and end it with a move that could put you back enough to zone or poke at mid range if desired...

Dark Geese

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »
I've started playing this game recently. Does everyone play on the defaulted style? I prefer the one where I'm allowed to combo and can't block. The need to stay on my feet and be constantly evasive excites me in this game.

Define everyone..most people when the game was played alot played 6 groove, I can play with all of them, and for example Charlotte in SS1 groove is a monster, her ranking I even think goes up to A+, but there are a lot of things left to be discovered in this game...

The most used grooves though are SS4 and SS6 groove.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »
Sorry for the late notice of adding characters threads for SSVI. I do plan on adding all the character threads by the end of this week or next week.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »
Great work on all the SSVI character threads. Are you planning to add them to the Wiki? The character pages there are depressingly bare.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 12:53:20 PM »
Great work on all the SSVI character threads. Are you planning to add them to the Wiki? The character pages there are depressingly bare.

I might after I add the last 5 characters.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
Did this game ever get released outside of Japan??? I remember grabbing a copy of it for my jps2, but I never saw anything past that...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 06:09:33 PM »
Yeah, the (North American) SS Anthology on PS2, Wii and PSP include it.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 07:53:12 PM »
The best part about the American version is that everything is unlocked from the start.

SSJ_Sonikku

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »
Found some new stuff for this game that I tested with a friend a couple of days ago.  Both of us where testing the SS1 spirit to see what we can or can't do (I was Yoshitora and he was Haohmaru most of the time). 

Of course like Focus Attack in SFIV, the AB slash can absorb one hit and one hit only.  Any successful hits afterwards will nerf you.

When one player does the AB slash, the technique is vulnerable to throw.  So it is not a good idea to use the technique unwisely. 

If both players do the AB slash at about the same time, both players will appear at the opposite ends of each other and recover a little bit faster.  During that time, your inputs will be in reverse for a while (eg. QCF becomes QCB).  This is hard to pull off consistently.

So yeah, when using SS1 spirit, you really need to read your opponent and make the correct moves for the AB slash to be at its most effective state.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 06:32:56 AM »
I had a question, keep in mind that I don't had a ps2 or a wii.

How is the PSP version of this game? I had heard bad things from the SS anthology for the psp, but I want to know if at least SS VI has a good port to play

Waifu Material

SSJ_Sonikku

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 07:54:06 AM »
I had a question, keep in mind that I don't had a ps2 or a wii.

How is the PSP version of this game? I had heard bad things from the SS anthology for the psp, but I want to know if at least SS VI has a good port to play

I don't have the PSP version but the port of SS6 in the PSP version is horrible from what I could gather.  Some content is missing, missing frames, among some other problems is what is wrong with it.

Just get either PS2 or Wii versions, they are fine.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 01:56:09 AM »
Well, sad to hear that, problem is that I don't had both

I hope that a friend gave my his old ps2 one day lol

Thanks for the Answer

Waifu Material