Author Topic: Clark Still (Arcade Version)  (Read 66645 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »
with clark its possible (with ralph 2) to do 2 b-f+P? moves. when they do 1 they usually finish it with air throw. but when they do 2 they dont. is the air throw possible after 2?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »
Ralf can do s.C, d/f.A xx b~f.A... shouldn't Clark be able to the same?

I'm going to gamble that it's some typo somewhere, I went thru Ralf's BBS in Japanese and didn't see it written anywhere, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 07:44:14 AM by Kane317 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
Clark's gatling launches... Ralf's gatling is different from clark though so i don't think he can... or we could have potential infinites with A version...

btw "Kane317" >>> Ralf can do s.C, d/f.A xx b~f.A... shouldn't Clark be able to the same? can he?
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »
with clark its possible (with ralph 2) to do 2 b-f+P? moves. when they do 1 they usually finish it with air throw. but when they do 2 they dont. is the air throw possible after 2?

Doesn't seem like it. You can, however, do jump D after the second set.

btw "Kane317" >>> Ralf can do s.C, d/f.A xx b~f.A... shouldn't Clark be able to the same? can he?

I thought I answered it earlier:
I'm going to gamble that it's some typo somewhere, I went thru Ralf's BBS in Japanese and didn't see it written anywhere, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:36:42 PM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »
Great to hear Clark's Air throw game still remains! I have to admit, XII's Air throw shenanigans gave me a whole new love for the moves in KoF.

I now only wish Leona gained hers back...

Rather suprised about the  ;dn;b, ;df;a chain, that sounds pretty nice. Maybe I won't miss his old Stomping  ;fd;b command normal as much in this game!

I'd assume you could also super cancel gattling into his UAB as well? Sounds like a good way to land super off distanced pokes now, which is something I wanted for him in XII...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:30:31 AM by SAB-CA »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
ya man there was a video of this guy SCing into UAB after A gatling *which means C will work as well* and ya both him and Ralf has gotten some nice combos thanks to d/f.A... we can actually hit confirm cr.B, d/f.A xx SAB...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »

Doesn't seem like it. You can, however, do jump D after the second set.

damn that sucks, thanx anyway.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:53:22 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 12:55:05 AM »
Forgot to mention a random note:  Kyo's blocked qcf+K is not safe against grapplers, after the second hit just do a command throw immediately.  Tested it with Raiden and Clark mainly.  I don't know which strength kick he used but I assume both are not safe against grapplers.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 01:04:08 AM »
thanks... :D so are command grabs 1 frame again? if so my grappler team is gonna have some fun... :D

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 01:19:36 AM »
thanks... :D so are command grabs 1 frame again? if so my grappler team is gonna have some fun... :D

It seems like it's returned to it's pre-XII glory but I can't quite figure out if it's the reduced range (Thanks to the Ex command throws--grr), or the XII system, but occasionally you do whiff when you don't think you should.  You definitely don't have the WTF moments where you did in XII--I'm contradicting myself am I?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:23:21 PM by Kane317 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 02:22:13 AM »
i hope not... i hated going SUPER FLASH ...UAB > AWW ...BEATEN BY cr.A... or eating counter hits for attempting to SAB... the guy who made XII should be shot...

i'm fine with reduced range... although it makes run up > instant command throw a bit too obvious and risky... as long as throws work like before, i'm happy... might even main Clark again...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:24:22 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
yamazaki had that problem in 98. in 97 his grab was the shit. in 98 after ticking when he should have grabbed you he just did his miss animation. even in some combos he missed and you got that miss animation. considering the other grapplers didnt have this in 98, wtf they done did to yamas throw in 98?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »
yamazaki had that problem in 98. in 97 his grab was the shit. in 98 after ticking when he should have grabbed you he just did his miss animation. even in some combos he missed and you got that miss animation. considering the other grapplers didnt have this in 98, wtf they done did to yamas throw in 98?

Getting OT but Yamazaki isn't a true grappler so they gave him crappy range. If his range was good he would rely on that too much instead of zoning, which really is his forte.
---
On Topic:  I manage to accidentally air throw a "grounded" opponent coz he did back dash for a brief second lols.

Forgot to mention, during his Gatling Attack (charge back~f+P) you can [DC] his Step (f.BD) which might just setup some nasty mindgames but I'll have to test.  Blocked Gatling Attack, [DC] Step into combo of your choice --unconfirmed.  You cannot [DC] on block unless in HD.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:53:45 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »
not to get off topic, but even with good range he wouldnt be overpowered. all those grapple combos that worked in 97 dont work in 98 cause of the reduced range. this is a clark thread, but having yamazaki back and as a mix between 98um ex yama and 98/97 normal yama would be the shit.

but lets get back to clark. even with reduced range he should still be able to punish hard with his throws. the throws are back to the 1 frame they where, and dm/exdm throws got that 0 frame and huge distance going for them. even if you see grapples, most dont use them to throw that often. but thats only judging from the limited vids weve seen of grapplers in this game. people need to play them more, we need to find all bugs and glitches (the arcade players gotta do that, we aint got 13).

13 related but not specific to clark. anybody actually ever try to clash 2 high powered moves? like andy fireball dm with terry ex power geyser. or kyos nm with terrys nm? ive got a funny feeling that theres bugs hidden beneath these happenings. takumas nm with iori ex dm. who would wi, would they both clash and freeze, would 1 fly off to mars? the game should be out in arcades half a year before a console release, so i do hope they find out most or every bug and repatch that shit.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 06:20:02 PM »
that is my fear as well... if characters just go through each other that's fine... but if it's like 1 has to win then i'm worried... cause their are soo many invincible crap in xiii... like Maxima's NM vs Shen's or Ralf's EX DM...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth