Author Topic: Clark Still (Arcade Version)  (Read 66693 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2011, 06:29:08 AM »
Hold on now XII counts as much as any otha fighting game and if you really look at it XII was a test run for XIII (even tho XIII was supposed to be XII) all in all XII was still good and I was playing XII before any otha KOF so if XII got me hooked on KOF then XII still counts.

Once again i dont want to get into it with ralf cause this aint his thread and the only thing ill say is that before this upgrade he had style and good hit confirms and...... yea this aint his thread

this game is more combo based so i cant say that im that surprised that hes doin corner combos now how long he can keep it up is a different story but my real thing is the buffs that hes got is really for him to get in and to set up his SAB and had he have more grapples then maybe he could have had more options

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »
Now that Clark got some buffs, I declare Clark a Man

Orgazmo Theme Song-Now You're A Man

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
^^

We need a Like feature.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »
^^

We need a Like feature.

We also need someone to spam the hell out of it.  A Like Feature just isn't as homey without Like's everywhere.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »
It's true Clark doesn't feel as a focused grappler as he did in the past.  Which the exception of Shermie, he was *the* grappler for KOF followed closely by Goro.

I think partially it has to do with SNK wanting to differentiating the two "Curross Changas", but also to help him adapt to the XIII [HD]/[DC] system which I feel that finally got it right with the console changes. 

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
*nod* Yeah, understandable about Ralf, don't wanna get too far off character, haha.

With the Autoguard SAB, Clark Stands there with his arms out, even if you don't attack him. Minus the bit of hitstun you see when people attack him, that's about how long he stands still. Apparently, he can't cancel this autoguard stance, either, so he's stuck in the move, until he lands the throw, or whiffs the animation.

I can agree that it'd be great to see Clark with more back, especially since he had SO MUCH in the past, including 3 different throws off of his dashing tackle, including the fantastic Rolling Cradle, a dashing grapple to punish those who were ducking, and invincible, slow-to-start grapple that lead to fantastic mixups (the frankensteiner), anti-air command throw, UAB, Running Three, etc, etc... he was the perfect example of a character who had  moves atop of moves atop of moves, when the use of 1 well, could take the purpose of 3 others, lol.

All I ever personally want for Clark, is some solid Horizontal control with his throws. Maxima's taken that to a new level now, with his Maxima Press, though. Clark has a quicker variety with "Step" now. If his Step allows him to do pressure-blockstrings and mixups into SAB, I'll be happy! :)

Gattling Attack itself being cancelable into SAB on ground, or followed up into DLD after the strong / EX version still gives Clark that "I own the Horizontal space!" feel in a unique way, which I'm always happy for. Maxima lost Maxima Scramble but gained Press, Clark lost his run tackle, but gained new options off Gattling. It kinda works out!

2011-10-09 【新宿カーニバル KOF XI Single大会 Part1

kinda off the subject but is this what you mean about auto guard at 4:46

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »
Clark's autoguard is slightly different though. In 2003 (and yeah, I think also in XI), Ralf only had top body autoguard...which the video you posted didn't quite show. Clark's is full body.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2011, 04:07:35 PM »
Yeah, that vid is kinda weird. The only thing it really showed was a lot of startup on the grapple (as it didn't instantly go into the grab animation when the move was attempted. He has a "wind up" start time).

But no, Autoguard itself is the ability to take hits while beginning the move. As Aenthin pointed out, Ralf only had upper body (could absorb hits above the waist), which the vid didn't show (he didn't get hit).

At 38 seconds in, you see Clark's new Autoguard SAB. It's made of 2 portions: "Throw out arms" and then the regular SAB body toss.

KOFXIII既存キャラ調整1

The "Throw out arms!" part he does, before the grab and toss, is where he has the guard. His C version grapple is the same instant-grab that we all know and love.

It's very rare in KoF, for anyone to get full body autoguard. Even Maxima, the master of Autoguard / Guardpoints, doesn't have any full-body ones without EX. It's a pretty big buff to Clark, really... He'll be able to absorb fireballs people chase after, and throw the attacker, counter quick-travel moves like K' "SHADAAAA!" Kick with a little anticipation, eat air dives, absorb multi-hit close normals, stop low / high mixups, and absorb DMs / EX DMs / Neomax's with no damage. Twitchy counter opponents who try to jab out of blockstrings will be defeated as soon as the match starts, lol.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:09:12 PM by SAB-CA »

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
I don´t think Clark was as useless as people though, but he clearly needed some help.
Without Frankensteiner, Napalm Stretch and another super, I think it is fair that he got some improvements, even if it means full-body autoguard. He will loose that as soon as Frankensteiner is back in a future installment.
I'm happy about these changes, eventhou I am not a Clark user.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
uhh actually the new full body auto-guard is better at countering hits than frankensteiner... think of safe moves that won't be safe... Yuri does dive kick which is + frames on block? unsafe... Leona's grand saber? unsafe... Shen's dash punch? unsafe... any move that is safe due to pushback like fireballs will also be unsafe... since the auto-guard absorbs the hit, Clark won't get pushed back... as long as they are grounded, they will b unsafe... this is a huge buff...

@ bigdavor: the auto-guard works as a timed thing... if you time it right, you'll catch opponents even if they don't attack from a hop... you'll catch them as they land... the only thing that might beat the auto-guard is empty hops into 1 frame throws or 1 frame DMs...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:42:09 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
I don´t think Clark was as useless as people though, but he clearly needed some help.

Agreed. Clark had a great showing in some of the "After DUEL" KCE vids from yestarday. People make it sould like he should never have a chance, but he toppled some of the best with proper usage. He'll have even MORE ability to do that now. Low Tier in KoF XIII isn't the same as Low Tier in, say, MvC or Original SFIV; the gap isn't nearly as big, I'd say.

uhh actually the new full body auto-guard is better at countering hits than frankensteiner... think of safe moves that won't be safe... Yuri does dive kick which is + frames on block? unsafe... Leona's grand saber? unsafe... Shen's dash punch? unsafe... any move that is safe due to pushback like fireballs will also be unsafe... since the auto-guard absorbs the hit, Clark won't get pushed back... as long as they are grounded, they will b unsafe... this is a huge buff...

Yup, this is how I feel too. The only thing this Autoguard SAB probably WON'T do as well as Frankenstiener, is that the move had HUGE grapple range; This autoguard will probably be easier to escape from, but that's why Clark has a Hop + Gattling attack, now.

I just wait for the day that Clark wins a match VS Athena's EX Shining Crystal Bit, by totally absorbing all 20-some hits of it, lol. Or resist all 99 hits of Ralf's Neomax with it. It's all very unlikely to see, but should all be possible.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:53:47 PM by SAB-CA »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2011, 02:56:56 AM »
Only thing I'm concerned with is if the online is bad that could make Clark the de-facto character to troll with... that and Nude Raiden.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
i just realized that his name on here is Clark STILL i thought it was Steel

anyway i noticed when i was playing with him he as a great way of setting up his SAB jump or hop D into SAB i cant believe that works

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
you mean whiff j.D > SAB? if you think about using it, don't... keep your jump-ins solid... Clark should be doing running SABs instead... (ff~hcF~A/C)
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2011, 11:27:39 AM »
you mean whiff j.D > SAB? if you think about using it, don't... keep your jump-ins solid... Clark should be doing running SABs instead... (ff~hcF~A/C)

guess i forgot to say whiff anyways yea it works very well just cant keep doin it the hole time