Author Topic: Clark Still (Arcade Version)  (Read 66620 times)

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2011, 09:37:16 AM »
Jump  ;d, Close Stand  ;d xx df+ ;a, Hyperdrive Mode Activation, Close Stand  ;d xx df+ ;a xx  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d,  ;dn ;db ;bk  ;a (or ;c? I always use  ;c), HD Cancel  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c, MAX Cancel  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d = 990 damage. I am guessing a Counter Hit Jump  ;d would make this a Touch Of Death Combo.

EDIT: This is, in fact, a Touch Of Death combo on Kula. I was previously did the combo in it's entirety on Raiden. Nice to know characters have difference endurance levels.

EDIT: So far, this kills everybody. Testing continued.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:02:41 AM by XTG »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
Weak SAB can absorb pretty much anything. Are you sure there is a hit limit? Somebody posted abount taking the majority of Kensou's multi-punch special and still grabbing him.

The only way out to escape weak SAB is to jump. If you roll behind/towards when you see him extend his arms on start-up, he'll still grab you. Once I was halfway through his body with a roll and he STILL got me. It beats normals/other throws/blocking/rolling/EX wake-up supers...its straight up terrifying.

I distinctly remember Athena's EX dp beating it, it even connected as a counter.

Other moments:
- King's dp leaves her safe, Clark guards the move but she backlips to safety. Maybe things won't go as well for her if she is sandwiched in the corner.
- Terry EX Buster Wolf was guarded but the grab whiffed. Reminds me of MOTW where I used Rock's counter on his BW and it guarded but the followup missed.
- Kula's C dp (regular, not ex) beat it, the first hit of the dp was guarded but the second one hit Clark out of the SAB.

For the most part, yes, it'll turn around and grab a rolling opponent.  However, Reynald somehow rolled it last night playing me.

Yeah its iffy. I was playing against Mature and she rolled through me but got grabbed, made me smile. Then I played another and the character successfully rolled through me, was not amused.

Heck yeah, once you condition your opponents to back dash on wake up, do a s.B (reset)--> f.BD, hcf B/D

I prefer to use it for actual movement since its much faster than a jump or run. People love jumping and moving back and forth around Clark but they can't run very far, one or two BD dashes and you are always near. A great tool against zoners and fireball whores in particular.

Works great for defense as well since you can get away clean from a lot jump in attempts and pressure.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:10:26 PM by Diavle »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »
Jump  ;d, Close Stand  ;d xx df+ ;a, Hyperdrive Mode Activation, Close Stand  ;d xx df+ ;a xx  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d,  ;dn ;db ;bk  ;a (or ;c? I always use  ;c), HD Cancel  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c, MAX Cancel  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d = 990 damage. I am guessing a Counter Hit Jump  ;d would make this a Touch Of Death Combo.

EDIT: This is, in fact, a Touch Of Death combo on Kula. I was previously did the combo in it's entirety on Raiden. Nice to know characters have difference endurance levels.

EDIT: So far, this kills everybody. Testing continued.

Having trouble landing the Neo Max after doing the EX Grab super. At what time do you have to input it? Because I do it as it finishes and can't get it out.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:34 PM »
You should finish inputting the move just as Clark slams his opponent to the ground. Remember that the opponent switches sides, so you need to be inputting the move the reverse of the position you USAB'd your opponent from.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2011, 05:14:53 AM »
Found a piss easy 90% combo (902 dmg), hit confirmable to boot:

sC (2 hits)> EX SAB> EX super> Neomax

Oh and more B SAB info:
- EX Rising Tackle beats it
- Power Geyser beats it
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:23:58 AM by Diavle »

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »
Found a piss easy 90% combo (902 dmg), hit confirmable to boot:

sC (2 hits)> EX SAB> EX super> Neomax

Oh and more B SAB info:
- EX Rising Tackle beats it
- Power Geyser beats it

You need to be in HD mode to Max cancel. So you'd have to add some type of normal chain [active HD] THEN continue with your combo.

I didn't know King's EX Trap Shot beat it 0_0. I should probably help you guys look for more answers to Weak SAB. At first glance that move tripped me out. Against one of my friends, I did wake-up EX Maiden Masher with Iori (in response to his SAB attempt), and it took my initial hit + grabbed me LOL. Almost fell off my chair.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:56:56 AM by Raynex »
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2011, 06:09:10 AM »
You need to be in HD mode to Max cancel. So you'd have to add some type of normal chain [active HD] THEN continue with your combo.

The combo works (did it many times already in practice), do it as follows:

sC (2 hits), hcf+BCD, EX super, neomax

The second hit of sC gets cancelled into an HD mode enabled EX SAB (all in one go) so you are free to supercancel and then maxcancel.

Its so easy its not fair lol.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:12:04 AM by Diavle »

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2011, 06:45:12 AM »

The second hit of sC gets cancelled into an HD mode enabled EX SAB (all in one go) so you are free to supercancel and then maxcancel.

Oh THAT'S what you're doing. In the post above you didn't specify; it was written as EX SAB with no further description. If that's the case...then yeah it's amazing. Is it possible to just do HCF+BCD xx Neomax? I'm sure you'd get more mileage out of a practical NeoMax combo. But if you're running Clark on anchor and he's sitting on fat bar, you're combo is GDLK lol
Iori:

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2011, 06:55:26 AM »

Oh THAT'S what you're doing. In the post above you didn't specify; it was written as EX SAB with no further description. If that's the case...then yeah it's amazing. Is it possible to just do HCF+BCD xx Neomax? I'm sure you'd get more mileage out of a practical NeoMax combo. But if you're running Clark on anchor and he's sitting on fat bar, you're combo is GDLK lol

Wow, nice. Looks like you could do
sC (2 hits), hcf+BCD, EX flashing elbow, EX super, neomax
for even crazier style.

EDIT: Has to be EX flashing elbow I think, but hey we got meter to burn right? ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:44:28 AM by BioBooster »

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2011, 08:38:54 AM »
Swag levels just went through the roof. Elbow drop to GG? I like the sound of that.
Iori:

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2011, 10:03:16 AM »
yeah you can just do Ex SAB + elbow into Neomax...just do the hcf + bcd trick then cancel elbow to neomax.  Good if you only have 3 bars. Can you super cancel the grab? I thought you could just cancel the elbow...

On another note...its fun to troll online with weak SAB... lol so many ppl dont know how to deal with it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:08:17 AM by johrjives »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
You can also jump, press hcf+BCD just before you land to get the same effect.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2011, 02:55:51 PM »

Thats the variation I was going to use since I like placing Clark 1st or 2nd (play him very risky and heavy offense, can't do that as easily while worrying that he is my last character).

yeah you can just do Ex SAB + elbow into Neomax...just do the hcf + bcd trick then cancel elbow to neomax.  Good if you only have 3 bars. Can you super cancel the grab? I thought you could just cancel the elbow...

On another note...its fun to troll online with weak SAB... lol so many ppl dont know how to deal with it.

Could be wrong but pretty sure the elbow is what cancels.

Yeah people get so afraid of you on wakeup, had a Kim player get stuck in a SAB/meaty loop for an entire round.

You can also jump, press hcf+BCD just before you land to get the same effect.

You can't do that on the ground though right? B/c reversal HD EX SAB would be all sorts of unfair.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:57:31 PM by Diavle »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2011, 04:38:06 PM »
Nup, only air

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Clark_Still_(XIII)

Hey peoples, if there is anything you would like to add or test for the wiki, feel free to do so, and we will look over it and add it in. We need move descriptions, some updated damage values, combos, tips, etc. If you can in your post, put in the section you want to submit for by doing a template like this for example:

Special Move:

"Vulcan Punch = [A]/[C] - ___(your text here)______

(EX) = [P]

- Drive- / Super-cancellable

- Hit Detection: High

- Damage: 30 x 4; EX Damage: 40 x 4 "

or a combo:

"1 Stock, No Drive Gauge -

d. B, d. A, hcf+BD/hcbx2+P = 229/267/290+ damage

dr. B, d. A, EX Vulcan Punch, hcf+K = 293/392/472 damage

d. C, b~f+AC, dp+C = 312 damage

____(your combo here)____"

Feel free to test and critique others submissions as well, and point out any mistakes. :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:57:31 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."