Author Topic: Petition to SNK: Make Rush auto-combos a control option in KOF XIV  (Read 4764 times)

Magnetdude

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Here's a lot of background:

Okay so KOF is pretty much my brother and I's favorite fighting game series at the moment, I started with '98 and we God damn LOVED XIII. With that being said, we were pretty damn pumped to play the 7 character demo of XIV, and boy did we play it. As soon as it finished downloading we played it for pretty much the rest of the day, playin' around with the new characters, playin' a bunch of singles and pickin' out random teams for 3v3. We were absolutely loving it, the new MAX mode and EX systems were awesome and intense, the fighting was at a good fast pace and the engine itself felt great.

The only thing that was off were the inputs, the controls felt a little unresponsive. Sometimes I'd just randomly use a super and leave myself open to an easy punish. At first I just thought the inputs were getting confused with all of the direction switching and rolling, seeing as that was a bit of a problem with KOF XI. The next day I decided to play against the AI 'cause why not. The AI even on level 5 wasn't very active with movements and wouldn't roll past me often but the input issues were still there. So at this point I went into practice mode just to try stuff and see what the problem was and surely enough after screwin' around in practice mode enough I figured out that the new Rush auto-combo system was the cause of it all.

I knew Rush auto-combos were gonna be a thing but I didn't think anything of them as I was confident that they were just gonna be an easy operations mode. After seeing that there's no way to disable Rush combos I was pretty bummed out dude! I knew from the start that KOF XIV was going to be a very accessible fighter and up until now I thought it was doing an excellent job and was doing a WAY better job than games like SF4 and UMVC3, but with this one feature I think they really dropped the ball, man.

---

So yeah... That's why I'm doin' this petition, I really want this KOF game to be as kickass as possible guys.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to get Rush combos removed, why? Because I don't care, let the casuals enjoy themselves, getting rid of them would also be a big waste of effort and resources. I only care when it starts to get in the way of my combos. Which uh... It has so...

Yeah, makin' it a control option is the easiest and best possible solution to everybody's problems.

Boom, casuals get to enjoy simple controls, boom, normal players get to enjoy perfect controls, and boom, people who think auto-combos are hellspawn get to disconnect them from their experience... For the most part.

So yeah, if you agree with this idea then right on, sign this petition and help make a change!

One more thing, yes I am fully aware that for SNK Playmore to take this petition at all seriously it needs to get a lot of signatures from their Japanese audience, unfortunately that's just the way it is.

But hey alright, this is where you guys come in! You guys can support this petition not only by giving it your digital signature, but also by helping me spread it around, since I honestly have no idea where else I should go with this! I just started here because this place seems like the most active KOF forum around.

---

Anyway here's a link to the petition, if you decide to sign it, then right on dude! If not then hey it was worth a try, y'know?

https://www.change.org/p/snk-playmore-make-rush-combos-a-control-option-in-kof-xiv-11f57432-f5f3-4afd-a885-6b54cd9aea7d?recruiter=579631622&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink&recuruit_context=copylink_long
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:53:02 AM by Magnetdude »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Petition to SNK: Make Rush auto-combos a control option in KOF XIV
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 06:15:55 AM »
Just stop mashing.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 09:18:12 AM »
You shouldn't need to push the A button up close that quickly any way as it won't do anything. Unless you want to use the rush combo.

Magnetdude

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
While I’ll admit that I’m not the most precise player ever, the most I ever do is quickly tap the button twice to ensure that I perform my next action as soon as possible. Since I’ve always played a lot of different fighters all with different timing, this just ended up being the way I learned to play fighters. With that being said, I can play every fighter ever made this way without any problems at all, except this one.

Also if it really all comes down to you either use Rush combos or you don’t, then there may as well be an option for it to guarantee that these input issues never occur.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 02:48:40 PM »
Mai is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZtU2rZZoRA

And they are pretty different regarding their frame data.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:53:54 PM by Amedø310 »

Drzuul

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 11:01:12 PM »
Snk should just drop rush combo and steal revelator's stylish mode for their next game 

Varmintbaby

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:27 AM »
I wish there were a way to not have it use a bar just because you have one. That sucks. Sometimes I want to use it or trigger it on accident but don't want to waste the bar.

munchiaz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 05:32:04 PM »
I wish there were a way to not have it use a bar just because you have one. That sucks. Sometimes I want to use it or trigger it on accident but don't want to waste the bar.

If your are triggering it on accident you may be mashing a bit. I think i have done it one time by mistake.
Not sure who I'm playing yet in KOFXIV