Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIV |OT| Violent Fighting Returns in 2016  (Read 39863 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIV |OT| Violent Fighting Returns in 2016
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2017, 11:04:03 PM »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:43 AM »
Man, I really was hoping they would just announce everyone at once. There really is no need to drag this shit out over several weeks.

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of speculation on who the others might be so I guess I'll put my two cents in. My guesses are assuming that 1) these reveals are going in order from left to right, and 2) all these characters are returning characters, not new or previously not playable in the KOF series.

So for the next reveal I'm thinking Blue Mary is most likely. This silhouette definitely looks like a short haired female and the lumps on the shoulders could be the collar of her jacket. The only thing that has me worried is the one leg we can clearly see doesn't seem to be baggy enough to be her pants. Also, Mary is the single character I want in the game most and that is reason enough for me to be wrong about this despite the fact that I can't think of a single character that is more likely for this spot.

The next spot I don't have a good guess except that I doubt it's Vanessa or any other female character. There just isn't enough of an outline on this one that is clear enough to make an educated guess. But if we have Whip for sure, and I'm right about Mary, then I sincerely doubt there will be any more female characters.

The final spot has to be Yamazaki. Sure I can try to stretch my imagination and say it's Yashiro or even a buffed up Shen Woo, but that would just be trying to deny the obvious.

So guys, you think I'm wrong or right?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2017, 02:19:33 AM »
I'd like to assume the standing figure is Rock. I'd imagine it'd be 2 female and 2 male characters for symmetry's sake. It's a real toss up for that 4th character. There is nothing to work with.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2017, 02:25:54 AM »
Whip, Mary, Vanessa, and Yamazaki seem to be generally agreed upon everywhere I see.

And I agree they should've revealed everyone at once. It's bad enough SFV is doing this; KOF doesn't need to do this 
as well.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2017, 03:23:57 AM »
Well I can't outright exclude Rock as a possibility, unless it's a redesign, I don't think he fits that standing up silhouette. There is too much around the shoulder area for it to be his jacket. I also don't think that DLC is how SNK would want to bring him into the KOF franchise if I'm to believe interviews that I have read. In fact Yasuyuki Oda said:

"I don't know why he's been absent for so many titles, but I remember that right after Garou: Mark of the Wolves came out and he got popular, the general feeling was "It'd be a shame to waste his inclusion in KoF right off the bat, so let's keep him out of this next one, at least.""

Based just on that I would say Rock is a no unless they are actually going through with a Garou 2 and including him in this game to build the hype. But I honestly would prefer someone else to be in the game because we already have Terry and Geese and Rock is just a mashup (a good one!) of the two.

Even though I do not always cry over a character not being in a game, when I do, I prefer to cry for Blue Mary.

Link to where I got the quote: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/jan/03/yamazaki-and-blue-mary-were-left-out-kof14-make-it-feel-more-kof-less-fatal-fury-art-fightings-jack-turner-john-crawley-also-considered/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:36:35 AM by MetalThrashingMadman »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2017, 03:41:15 AM »
Atlus USA's Twitter says it's available April 5. That's four weeks from now.

I think all the DLC characters will be available on that date and they'll reveal them weekly leading up to that date. I mean, they did weekly team reveals leading up to the release of the game.

If it's true then that'll take out some of the sting of spaced out reveals.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2017, 04:19:18 AM »
I hope you're right. It would suck if the next reveal isn't till Whip comes out and they make us wait a month between characters. Still it's too bad that they didn't just go all at once. The sooner they crush my dreams by saying Mary isn't coming, the sooner I can get the 5 stages of grief over with.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
Uhmmm...I was thinking SNK's plan was to reveal each character in the beginning of a month and launching him/her a month later, but maybe revealing them all in March and launching them all at once on April 5th makes more sense.

As for who they are, I think there are enough legs in the group to be almost sure 4 characters will be added, and one of these legs makes me think about Vanessa's standing winpose with her hands behind her head. I think the other 2 characters are Mary and Yamazaki.

I wasn't hoping for Whip because I thought the KOF14 team wasn't skilled enough to translate Whip's weapon to 3D graphics at the moment, but they've apparently studied 3D modeling enough -I often see them talking about or retweeting 3D modeling stuff on Twitter- to feel confident to make Whip right away.
Ore no...kachi da!!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2017, 05:45:58 PM »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »
So the other night I dusted off my PS2, unearthed my Swap Magic, and popped in KOF 02 UM to familiarize myself with Whip and Yamazaki. Sadly, I gave neither of these two a fair shake back in the day. Can't really blame me though. With as many characters this franchise has, it's a bit overwhelming to try to learn everyone. With that being said, I'm a bit more excited about these 2 characters coming to the game.

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2017, 09:34:09 PM »
people are gonna get so freaking mad at Whip's J.C, J.CD, and Yama's  ;st ;c ;d Arm Pressure. I feel it.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
I'm a little worried about Whips  ;fd ;a combo being abused in online. It just looks like one of those things that people would try to get cheap wins with. Whether or not it's effective isn't the point. It just sucks the fun out when people try to cheese a fight.

Anyhow, I got my fingers crossed for a Mary reveal tomorrow.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »
I'm a little worried about Whips  ;fd ;a combo being abused in online. It just looks like one of those things that people would try to get cheap wins with. Whether or not it's effective isn't the point. It just sucks the fun out when people try to cheese a fight.

Anyhow, I got my fingers crossed for a Mary reveal tomorrow.

All of that depends on many things; how safe or unsafe it is on block or on whiff, how large hitbox is (and if Whip has her hurtbox extended) & how fast it can hit the opponent. Her f+A in past games wasn't very good because it was very slow & you can just roll past the whips (normal & Guard Cancel) or you can just super her with any DM that can reach her. If ppl use it online and its not effective at all, then it will just open them up for punishment.

I hope players online will quickly learn that her f+A wont be used for cheap wins especially if they will get punished hard for it.

-desmond
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:37:04 PM by desmond_kof »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2017, 04:53:01 PM »
I'm getting less and less convinced that Mary will be one of these characters after looking at the feet a bit more. Mary always has her pants tucked into her boots and that is clearly not the case in these silhouettes. It sucks when your favorite character hasn't made an appearance in your favorite fighting game series for over 10 years (KOF XI was over 11 years ago if you can believe it).