Author Topic: Mian Combos  (Read 1479 times)

Spooty Whiteboy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Mian Combos
« on: August 25, 2016, 08:35:58 PM »
Here's a Mian combo collection I made. Trying to show off some of her less obvious interactions.

https://youtu.be/U_adHFq1iW8

Transcript:
1. Jump Over, qcb+B, A divekick, cl.Ax4
I wanted to start off with a standing combo out of her divekick. I figured it was a good place to throw in her mash-A combo because you won't get to see those animations very often in competitive play. Just so no one is confused, the qcb+B is done towards the opponent.

2. st.D, cr.D
Classic two-hit combo. The st.D can link into cr.D at very specific ranges. In the corner, you can also link st.D with cl.C.

3. C+D, qcf+D, D divekick, dp+D
Here I got to include a whiffed divekick in the middle of a combo. As far as I know, this is Mian's max meterless damage from a mid-screen blowback.

4. st.C, hcbx2+AC
Max range st.C into a Climax. St.C isn't really a great combo move, so I wanted to show it some love. I could have cancelled it into Max mode, but there's plenty of Max mode cancels out there already.

5. f+B, qcf+B, D divekick, qcf+D, C divekick
Midscreen meterless divekick combo. Not sure you'd ever want to do this in a real match, but divekick combos are rad.

6. cl.D, st.A, qcfx2+K
Shows off her cl.D into st.A link (her only heavy link). It's also an easy hit confirm into super.

7. cl.C, f+B, Max, C+D, dp+BD, dpB+D, qcfhcb+AC
It turns out that the first hit of Mian's dp+BD is what triggers the inability to repeat that move in the same combo. Using the distance/invulnerability of a character hit by a blowback, you can cause the first hit of dp+BD to whiff. This is how I use the move twice in one combo. Interestingly, whiffing the first hit of dp+BD also allows you to juggle with a sweep (instead of doing the second dp+BD).

8. C+D, Max, qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+B, B Divekick, qcf+BD, B Divekick, dp+BD, C
This combo shows two things. First, it's possible to get three wallbounces in a combo from the middle of the stage. Secondly, juggling with an EX divekick after a regular divekick allows you to continue your combo the same as if you had used 2 EX divekicks in your juggle instead (just costs less of your max meter). Also ends with a reset.

9. C, f+B, Max, C, f+B, qcf+AC, dp+B, cr.A
Hitting an airborne opponent with dp+B gives just enough height to juggle into a cr.A reset. This does not work on all characters when using qcf+AC, but it seems to be more consistent if you combo the dp+B after a wallbounce.

10. f+B, Max, qcb+AC, dp+BD, qcfx2+BD
Midscreen combo using qcb+AC. It's not that great of a combo move, not sure anything other than a cornered wallbounce or f+B even combos into it. The dp+BD follow-up requires strict timing.

11. C+D, Max, cl.C, f+B, qcf+C
Wallbounce re-stand with cl.C. I've seen plenty of characters restand with light attacks in the corner, but this is a restand with a heavy attack without a corner.

12. cl.D, f+B, Max, C+D, qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+B, B divekick, qcf+BD, B Divekick, qcfhcb+AC, hcbx2+AC
This is my attempt for a max damage combo while still showing something new. Some characters are easier to juggle into a super after divekicks, Terry is not one of those.  If you cancel the regular Divekick into an EX Divekick really late, then you can juggle into a super against Terry.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:51:49 PM by Kane317 »