Author Topic: Hello, long time lurker here :)  (Read 1853 times)

NeoMasamune

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hello, long time lurker here :)
« on: September 01, 2016, 04:41:39 AM »
Hi all, I have been lurking here for quite a while. I originally came here because of the KoF13 wiki. Now that KoF14 is out, I realized that the information I was accustomed to having at my fingertips doesn't just magically appear...people have to figure it out :) Somebody on a different forum asked for some Andy advice, so over the next few days that what I spent my free time on.

I have been playing fighting games my whole life, but I didn't really get into KoF until I was a teenager. When I was younger I played the console ports of Fatal Fury 1 and 2, Art of Fighting 1, and Samurai Shodown, but after that SNK mostly stopped releasing console ports in North America so I didn't play many of their "newer" games in the late 90s.  I had KoF 99 on my PlayStation but I never played it much because I felt the controls were clunky. CvS reignited my interest in SNK fighting games, and in Highschool I started playing KoF98, KoF2002, Samurai Shodown V, Mark of the Wolves, and the Last Blade 2 to complement the other fighting games we were playing (Namely Tekken 4, Third Strike, CvS2, and Guilty Gear XX.)

I am no expert at fighting games (I went 0-2 at Canada Cup 2013 in KoF13 :P), but I am in that tricky position where I'm better than my friends around me, and they have no desire to improve :( I tried to get them interested in KoF13 but it was generally too complicated for them. I'm hoping that KoF14 clicks with them better!

I rarely play online in any fighting game because of a combination of where I live (Vancouver Island, BC, Canada), and the time I am able to play (usually after midnight PST or later). With those two factors there aren't many players online that are close, so even games with great netcode become laggy.

Anyways, yup that's some info about me. Thanks for having me Dream Cancel :D

YBNDM

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, long time lurker here :)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:12:49 AM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm new to KOF, alright?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Hello, long time lurker here :)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »
Welcome to the forums and website! I hope your stay here is fun and informative.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."