Author Topic: PS3 Legacy Controllers Disconnecting  (Read 1984 times)

Tonfa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
PS3 Legacy Controllers Disconnecting
« on: September 09, 2016, 06:30:56 AM »
Has anyone else had issues with legacy controllers randomly disconnecting or stop working after various periods of time?

I have a PS3 Mad Catz TE Stick and the past couple of times that I've configured it via the Options menu, it has always crapped out on me in the middle of a game. The time varies though, sometimes it will be after a minute, other times it will be fine, tonight I was playing with a good buddy of mine (he was using the stick, I was using a fightpad) and we didn't have any problems for a good six hours or so, until the end of the night when the issue started recurring and the control dropped after restarting every time after a good 10 minutes.

I've seen this issue pop up in some isolated circles but there hasn't really been a concrete solution given. And I've taken all the obvious measures, making sure the DualShock 4 doesn't turn off automatically, keeping it close to the console, etc.

I'd rather not plunker down the money for a new stick and go through the process of swapping out for an octagonal restictor gate, so any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Legacy Controllers Disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »
A friend of mine tried his madcatz TE and it disconnected aswell. It caused some issues that forced us to reboot the ps4 actually. Another friend has the same make of TE stick and told me that it doesn't work with his pc. Myself i use a hori stick and it works flawlessly so i wonder if it has anything to do with the type of usb used with madcatz sticks.

ronaldjenkins

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Legacy Controllers Disconnecting
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:20:06 PM »
Thanx for that solution. It helped me too
I like to play all online games but this game is my favorite