Author Topic: Looking for a Training Parnter  (Read 2366 times)

toashinrock

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Looking for a Training Parnter
« on: October 04, 2016, 12:16:40 AM »
I've had this game for quite sometime now and it seems that it is easier, but there are certain things that aren't as easy as it seems to me.  Like I know i'm inputting my buttons for my combos, but I'm not getting them.  Instead I'm getting the special before anything.   For instance Kyo's df+d is something that I can't get to link to the cr.a, cr.b confirm.   What am I doing wrong.  Overall I'm looking for someone to train with and improve my gameplay. m I'm planning on being quite strong by the time the next major i hit in the upcoming months.   So if you willing to train with a newbie and is brand new let me know something.    My psn is GAFGC_Shinrock.  So just hit me up there.
PSN: GAFGC_Shinrock
Currently Playing: KOF XIV, SFV, GGXrdR, BBCF

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Training Parnter
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »
 For instance Kyo's df+d is something that I can't get to link to the cr.a, cr.b confirm.   What am I doing wrong.

If that is in fact what you are trying to combo then your mistake is in trying to combo after a cr. B.

Kyo's cr. B is not cancellable, his cr. A is. So what you want to do is cr. B, cr. A, df+D and it will combo easily.

You are cancelling the cr. A into the df+D btw, it's not a link, so you will get it even if you mash df+D after cr. A.

toashinrock

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »
 For instance Kyo's df+d is something that I can't get to link to the cr.a, cr.b confirm.   What am I doing wrong.

If that is in fact what you are trying to combo then your mistake is in trying to combo after a cr. B.

Kyo's cr. B is not cancellable, his cr. A is. So what you want to do is cr. B, cr. A, df+D and it will combo easily.

You are cancelling the cr. A into the df+D btw, it's not a link, so you will get it even if you mash df+D after cr. A.

Oh?  So it's just a cancel not a link.   Then, that's not so hard, but as far as my overall gameplay I'm still finding it hard to get my hops and maneuverability down.  Other than that it's coming along slowly, but it's funny to me that on Stick I can do it, but pad I can't.   Should that be my sign to just master the arcade stick fully for all fighters outside of SFV.
PSN: GAFGC_Shinrock
Currently Playing: KOF XIV, SFV, GGXrdR, BBCF

ABAShinrock

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 09:34:07 AM »
 ;up ;up ;up ;up ;up

That's me I forgot the email and password for that account lol.

guadalupeolson

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 07:25:46 AM »
You can contact me if you want
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:29:14 AM by guadalupeolson »
My favourite genre of video games it is fighting games and I like to play with my friends