Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2180 times)

Monkee

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: October 11, 2016, 07:53:24 PM »
Hey Guys and Gals,

I've been looking at this site for a couple weeks. I'm just getting into KOF with KOF14. I guess I'll be part of the group called the 2016ers someday. I really enjoy KoF but it's a frustrating experience. Maybe this is a common experience among players coming from Street Fighter games. Right now, I'm hoping to level up so I can at least compete with others online. Later, I'd like to participate in competitions online and in person.

A little background, I'm an old player. I played SF2 from vanilla to ST, SF Alpha 2 & 3, SF3 Third Strike, SF4 and SF5. I dabbled in the SNES versions of Samurai Showdowns and Fatal Furies.  I even played a bit of KoF98 against coworkers while I worked at a game store in the early 2000s. I never really understood these games fully at the time, but I played them a lot. 

If you want to play online my PSN is M0NKEE___ (that's 3 underscores, PSN usernames, bleh)

Have a good one.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:42:38 PM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel, Monkee.

If you're feeling frustrated, it's always best to try to take the learning experience as slow and detailed as possible, and remember to have as much fun as you can. We like to throw different kinds of online events here for KOFXIV for beginners who are feeling overwhelmed.

Where are you located?

-desmond
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Monkee

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:08:53 AM »
I'm in Minneapolis. I lurk in the MNFGC and Dreamcancel Discord servers under the same name. 

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 04:43:25 AM »
Nice. We just finished playing KOFXIV at Rosedale Mall. Join us sometime.

-desmond
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Monkee

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »
Tuesdays and Fridays right? It might be a while because I have a 6 month old but I will when I can.