Author Topic: Tips on Doing an EX Senpuu Ken After an EX Fireball  (Read 2574 times)

CalvinClimb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Tips on Doing an EX Senpuu Ken After an EX Fireball
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
Hey everyone! I recently picked up Tung and I think he is incredibly fun. However,  I am having a hard time doing his air qcb after an EX fireball. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Tips on Doing an EX Senpuu Ken After an EX Fireball
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:13:59 AM »
I asked Evo 2013 KOF XIII Champ, AS| Reynald, about this question. This is what he had to say.

Check out @ReynaldJT's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ReynaldJT/status/834237083950555136?s=09

Basically, there's no trick. It's just timing. Practice it every day, 10 times a day, and you'll get it in no time. Be sure to hold the button to buffer it.

CalvinClimb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:40:35 AM »
Dude, words can not express to you how much I appreciate this. This is truly an amazing community. I thought I would never get a response due to me being new and using Tung (a character no one cares about apparently). Once again, man, thank you. People like you are the making the tough transition from SF to KOF and easier ride.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:05 AM »
I've been able to consistently do it. If you're missing the hop EX Senpuu Ken, it's probably cause you're jumping too late. You recover fast after the fireball. Just hop qcb+AC and you should be good.

CalvinClimb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »
I'm making some progress! I can now do one EX Senpuu Ken in the air! Now I'm having trouble doing it again in the air. How does your inputs change after doing it one time?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 03:28:10 AM »
I think doing it multiple times really depends on spacing. Doing it once gives you access to EX qcb+P and PPPP finish. I'd just finish off with that.

If not, I'd immediately jump again and keep trying the same way. Likely in hops.

KrsJin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 01:28:00 AM »
Random interjection, I'm all for max damage,  but don't let this one combo stop you from playing Tung if it ever comes to that. His normal Max mode combos do plenty of damage without the jumping ex twirly.

Also I read that doing a hyper hop/super jump helps get the fastest timing on air specials. May want to try hyper hop in those combos. I haven't really tried much to weigh in on this.

CalvinClimb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 03:36:05 AM »
Thank you for you comment, man! And nothing will stop me from using Tung. He's way too cool to drop.

CalvinClimb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 03:37:52 AM »
Update! I can do the EX twice in the air now! I'm loving the constant progression. This is taking a long time to learn, but in just glad I'm making some progress!!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 07:34:59 AM »
Oh cool! After you posted the combo video, I might see if I can replicate some of it.