Author Topic: What Makes Xio Hai Good?  (Read 1588 times)

CalvinClimb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
What Makes Xio Hai Good?
« on: April 12, 2017, 03:46:49 PM »
Hey guys! I'm looking for high level players to watch for educational purposes. When I asked who was the best, Xio Hai was the typical answer. What could I learn from him? What makes him do good?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What Makes Xio Hai Good?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »
Hey guys! I'm looking for high level players to watch for educational purposes. When I asked who was the best, Xio Hai was the typical answer. What could I learn from him? What makes him do good?
Watch for his spacing mostly. A friend of mine on psn told me that he practice with him and that he knows everybody frame data

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: What Makes Xio Hai Good?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 04:36:35 AM »
People often say spacing is not really important to know, but that's because it's only really useful at high level play. In KOF, spacing can be very important because it's easy to overextend. You could walk in and out of someone's normal or special range.

Xiaohai makes use of his extensive knowledge to out position his opponent. Knowing the very maximum range of their normals and when to stop to make them whiff. The decisions you have to make it and how often you have to make them get higher and higher. With Xiao hai though, you can see that he adjusts to situations on a really fast scale. Things he got hit by or lost to previously he makes adjustments to. A lot of top players do that, but Xiao Hai really takes that to the next level.

Even so, I'd look at a lot of the KOFWCS contestants and the tournaments they played in. You can see that the decisions they make are all very solid, and the options they employ have good reasoning behind them.

Also, Reynald. He's very good to watch.