Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Hinako Shijou  (Read 17462 times)

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 2002UM - Hinako Shijou
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 05:57:45 AM »
On the ps2 tougeki version Hinako's DM and SDM does not work if she is too close against a standing Choi (except at corner) but will connect if the latter is crouching. I'm not sure if these were fixed on the xbla/steam version.

Surprisingly, it's still there! Wow, I can't believe they didn't fix that! Well, it shouldn't be too big of a problem in the matchup, since that super is only used for combos. The only thing hinako would have to worry about is Choi's keepaway/zoning, vice versa with Hinako and her pressure.

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 07:15:18 PM »
On the ps2 tougeki version Hinako's DM and SDM does not work if she is too close against a standing Choi (except at corner) but will connect if the latter is crouching. I'm not sure if these were fixed on the xbla/steam version.

Surprisingly, it's still there! Wow, I can't believe they didn't fix that! Well, it shouldn't be too big of a problem in the matchup, since that super is only used for combos. The only thing hinako would have to worry about is Choi's keepaway/zoning, vice versa with Hinako and her pressure.

I agree with that. Btw, here's another info against a standing Choi: never do a SC from qcf+P. Hinako's DM/SDM will miss even if Choi is at the corner.

Just a question: how can you successfully SC from qcb+P and d,d+K? I find it hard to SC from qcb+P while the DM/SDM always whiff from d,d+K.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:51:56 PM by lfrd »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 02:34:23 AM »

I agree with that. Btw, here's another info against a standing Choi: never do a SC from qcf+P. Hinako's DM/SDM will miss even if Choi is at the corner.

Just a question: how can you successfully SC from qcb+P and d,d+K? I find it hard to SC from qcb+P while the DM/SDM always whiff from d,d+K.

I don't know about  ;dn ;db ;bk;a / ;c connecting, since players only ever use for hard knockdowns.  ;dn ;dn;b;d might not have juggle potential at close or the super might be too slow or not active enough to connect.

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 06:04:51 AM »
Do you actually play these character and study match videos or do you just go into practice mode for half an hour and write up posts?

The staple max combo of Hinako ends in qcf+C, then qcb+P(1 hit), then supercancel. And yes it's a difficult supercancel, you can use a shortcut during the qcf+C, which is to do hcf, qcb+P, hcf+K.

Also fairly sure df+A is not always safe on block. It's not really advisable to do this move in a block string, because you have to cancel to some move or just let it finish(it's still somewhat safe), but both cases will make your pressure end.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:07:36 AM by Emil_kof »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 06:27:48 AM »
Do you actually play these character and study match videos or do you just go into practice mode for half an hour and write up posts?

The staple max combo of Hinako ends in qcf+C, then qcb+P(1 hit), then supercancel. And yes it's a difficult supercancel, you can use a shortcut during the qcf+C, which is to do hcf, qcb+P, hcf+K.

Also fairly sure df+A is not always safe on block. It's not really advisable to do this move in a block string, because you have to cancel to some move or just let it finish(it's still somewhat safe), but both cases will make your pressure end.

I never said it can't cancel into her super. I've seen Japanese Hinakos use it to get hard knockdown. I never said you couldn't do   ;dn ;db ;bk ;a / ;c  into super since people just end their Max Mode combos with super from  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;a ;c. Btw,the ;df ;a being safe was a typo, that was a mistake, my bad.  ;fd ;a gives you frame advantage, though it has shorter horizontal range than ;fd ;b . And no I don't play this character, though I have studied her in training mode a bit to know some of her pressure options and the mixups she can do, you really can't mess with her   ;fd  ;b or ;fd ;a on block. trying to poke out of it will just get you carried away by her  ;fd  ;dn ;df   ;b ;d CMD grab, or her really good  ;dn  ;b

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »
f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > qcb+C > d,d+K (add cl.C at the start of combo against Chang)

f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > BC > f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > qcf+C (5 hits) > qcb+C (1 hit) > hcfx2+K or hcfx2+BD

(Works only against Chang) cl.C > f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > BC > run then cl.C > f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > qcf+C (5 hits) > qcb+C (1 hit) > hcfx2+K or hcfx2+BD
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:58:13 PM by lfrd »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: KOF 2002UM - Hinako Shijou
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 07:18:54 PM »
f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > qcb+C > d,d+K (add cl.C at the start of combo against Chang)

f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > BC > f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > qcf+C (5 hits) > qcb+C (1 hit) > hcfx2+K or hcfx2+BD

(Works only against Chang) cl.C > f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > BC > run then cl.C > f+A.C > f+B.B > st.B > df+A (1 hit) > qcf+C (5 hits) > qcb+C (1 hit) > hcfx2+K or hcfx2+BD
Jesus Christ.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 06:44:13 AM »
Those combos on Chang also work on other characters if they have their back turned...works great to punish K's dp+C, for instance. You can do the full close C, f+A-C, f+B-B, etc

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »
How many bars would that combo take?

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 04:37:35 AM »
How many bars would that combo take?