Author Topic: Athena Asamiya (Arcade Version)  (Read 34220 times)

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Athena Asamiya
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2011, 05:49:48 AM »
Yeah. Faster recovery from a qcb+a.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2011, 11:54:04 PM »
Call me slow if you want, but I just noticed that all of Athena's past costumes appear in her NM.

It would be really cool if someone could take pictures of all her costumes. I would like to see all her wardrobe in HD. ^_^

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2011, 12:06:14 AM »
It would be really cool if someone could take pictures of all her costumes. I would like to see all her wardrobe in HD. ^_^

Already been done, though it'd be great to have higher quality!

There's also a variation where all the final Athena's appear in their Original-Athena Bikini's:

KOFXIII character COMBO ATHENA

(And people wonder which chick SNKP sees as their mascot!  ;))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:08:27 AM by SAB-CA »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »

Already been done, though it'd be great to have higher quality!

There's also a variation where all the final Athena's appear in their Original-Athena Bikini's:

KOFXIII character COMBO ATHENA

(And people wonder which chick SNKP sees as their mascot!  ;))

lol no mention of 12... but then again, the 12 and 13 costumes are the same, just with different default colors.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2011, 08:40:28 AM »
I saw some mention of this but I haven't really found a "it's this one" answer. Which of her normals can be used as an instant overhead?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »
I saw some mention of twwwhis but I haven't really found a "it's this one" answer. Which of her normals can be used as an instant overhead?www
She doesn't have any "instant overhead", but on a hop you can do something close to this with the jump B and D, B one will easily cross up and D keep you before your opponent.
But use as "an instant overhead" you can't link anything after this and special cancel whose move, she can only special cancel jump A,C,CD.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:19:55 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kazuhiro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »
Hey guys. A guy who I'm subscribed to on Youtube posted a couple of XIII match vids in which there was a really good Athena player. Thought it was kinda cool to see an Athena blowing it up since it's kinda rare to see her in the first place. I don't know if it has been seen/posted already but either way, here they are.

2011/06/19 / KOFXIII / Playland Carnival [4/4]

2011/06/19 / KOFXIII / Playland Carnival [2/4]

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »
Just gonna ask this again haha. Did anyone play her at Evo or SVB? Any info?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:56 PM »
Just gonna ask this again haha. Did anyone play her at Evo or SVB? Any info?
Wait the end of the gamescon some french people will make a patch note :>
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2011, 02:02:21 PM »

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »
I've made a Athena Character Thread on SRK

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/kof-xiii-athena-asamiya.147283/

I've talked to one of the mods there and asked if KOF would get a full thread, and they pretty much told me if it picks up someone gets the ball going over there, then it mite happen. If you guys could give me some feed back, it would help me make this and other threads i make better~

Edit: I've made some improvements~

credit to Kane and SAB-CA~
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:31:12 AM by TheRook »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
First page has been updated with console changes.

---

* Phoenix Bomb (from Cancel: f.B) has a different trajectory from arcade version and hits a crouching opponent as a combo from a normal fierce.
* Weak Phoenix Arrow’s (air qcb K) recovery time has been reduced, but it also causes a shorter Hitstun on the opponent.
* EX Psycho Teleport (Ex qcf K) can be canceled with a special or super. The Arcade version only allowed drive canceling at the second half of the move, but it no longer has that limit and it’s also a normal cancel now (doesn’t cost drive meter).
- Standing CD comes out faster.
* Shining Crystal Bit (hcb x2+P) doesn’t move back on execution.

Producer Yamamoto says:
Weak Phoenix Arrow has been balanced so that it can’t be punished with normal moves on a block. Since there’s less worries about it being punished, it should be effective to use it together with her buffed up Phoenix bomb, There’s other changes that Athena users should be happy about, like her standing CD and her Shining Crystal Bit.

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2011, 09:30:12 AM »
Can the recovery on Athena's "Psycho Ball" be compared to Guile's "Sonic Boom"? The recovery seems really fast. Of course I don't even know the recovery of her Psycho Ball lol.
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

chrischunli

• New Challenger
  • Chris-tan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »
Can the recovery on Athena's "Psycho Ball" be compared to Guile's "Sonic Boom"? The recovery seems really fast. Of course I don't even know the recovery of her Psycho Ball lol.
Not quite, Psycho Ball is more like a Ryu fireball than anything.  Fast enough so that you can DP a reaction jump in, but slow enough that you can't block a preemptive jump in.

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2011, 05:07:08 PM »
Not quite, Psycho Ball is more like a Ryu fireball than anything.  Fast enough so that you can DP a reaction jump in, but slow enough that you can't block a preemptive jump in.

Okay, she seems to have good zoning capabilities + reflector and, teleports.
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin