Author Topic: New Soul Calibur upcoming  (Read 8249 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
New Soul Calibur upcoming
« on: December 25, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Soul Calibur upcoming
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:12 AM »
For me the only good soul calibur was the first one for DC, I never digged the Sould Edge series, 2 it's meh at best and the 3rd and 4th are incredibly boring

Lol, SC IV bored me afteer 2the hours of play, even Sam Sho Sen had me playing for at least a month xD

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:30:30 AM »
For me the only good soul calibur was the first one for DC, I never digged the Sould Edge series, 2 it's meh at best and the 3rd and 4th are incredibly boring

Lol, SC IV bored me afteer 2the hours of play, even Sam Sho Sen had me playing for at least a month xD
i need to hit you with a bat for saying that SC 2  was "meh"

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
I loved SC 2, SC 3 and SC4. SC4 was my first online fighting game and I became a big fan of it. I really played a lot. I love the characters design, their weopns, their figting styles and the envyroment. I think SC has an incredible nice work af art direction, better than other more famous games like SF or Tekken. And its graphics and gameplay are better than any other 3D fighting game.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »
I don't know, I played the Arcade Version of Soul Calibur 2, and the game was dead, nobody ever touched it.

The game is very fun, but after a while doesn't feel that great, it's not like VF or Tekken when you had a very long time to learn the game

And IMO SC2 hasn't aged well

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:00:14 PM »
The game is very fun, but after a while doesn't feel that great, it's not like VF or Tekken when you had a very long time to learn the game

I guess it's a matter of personal preferences, but after SC4 I tried Tekken6, and it was a disgusting experience. I see Tekken as a smashing-button game for noobs who doesn't know how to play fighting games. Maybe the noob it's me because looks like Tekken is the most masive game in the world, but I really dislike this game. My experience with VF was better than with Tekken but it doesn't have online mode (PS3 version) so, I didn't play it so much.

SC4 has a great learning curve too, at least for me. I spend a lot of time mastering Ivy.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »
well, I had that stigma for the tekken series too, but after playing it, you realize that you can't just mash buttons and wait to see something happening, if you put some time to it, you will realize that the game has an even bigger learning curve than SC

But like you said, personal tastes

Waifu Material

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
I loved SC 2, SC 3 and SC4. SC4 was my first online fighting game and I became a big fan of it. I really played a lot. I love the characters design, their weopns, their figting styles and the envyroment. I think SC has an incredible nice work af art direction, better than other more famous games like SF or Tekken. And its graphics and gameplay are better than any other 3D fighting game.
ewwwww lol sc1&2 imo but virtua fighter destroys it
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 04:17:00 AM »
If Namco can hearld back to what made the Soul Calibur on DC so good, then it's great news; otherwise, I might only be interested in seeing who the next guest appearances would be. Finally Cloud, Sephiroth, and the like would be great. I made models of them in SC4, but it could be so much better.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »
I guess it's a matter of personal preferences, but after SC4 I tried Tekken6, and it was a disgusting experience. I see Tekken as a smashing-button game for noobs who doesn't know how to play fighting games. Maybe the noob it's me because looks like Tekken is the most masive game in the world, but I really dislike this game. My experience with VF was better than with Tekken but it doesn't have online mode (PS3 version) so, I didn't play it so much.

SC4 has a great learning curve too, at least for me. I spend a lot of time mastering Ivy.

There's alot in Tekken to be honest. It doesn't look like there's much to the system because most people see a bunch of juggles or whatnot... You have to be on point when it comes to punishing certain moves that are blocked (because there's jab punishers, launch punishers, and some knockdown punishers)... If you watch high level players fight, at best you might get 1-3 combos a match sometimes... There's all sorts of setups and traps, and plus some characters have better ways of closing in or retreating (wavedashing, ha-ha steps, basic stair-stepping)... But T6 was jacked up imo, because sure everyone could do the same amount of damage in a combo, but it doesn't make it balanced... Yoshimitsu was even messed up in that game... I mean when has Yoshimitsu ever had a blocked sword move in any Tekken??? Never!!! He had so much potential, and Namco screwed it up, and I'm not a Tekken Yoshi player... Bob was nerfed just a little, but is still the high tier character people goto for that easy win aside from Steve Fox...

I do like Soul Calibur, but part 4 seemed like it attempted too much for the sake of making it casual friendly... In the end it felt like Mortal Kombat with a generic finishing move... What bugged me the most was that they should have learned their lesson about character balancing with SC3/3AE, and didn't, because when 4 dropped, Yoshi was top and had to be nudged down with an online patch, then Algol pretty much redefined the 3d fighting experience with his projectiles, and was banned because even after the patch he still had infinites... Hilde was loved at first, then when the potential was truly revealed, she was soft banned by some, and not by others, or just completely banned... EVO 09 SC4 Finals had tons of people booing once they saw Hilde's brokeness... Namco needs to learn character balance!!! Granted, not all games come evenly balance, but SC4 wasn't even close... I liked SC3AE but it was already too late at that point... No one care enough to take time in learning the game they already had on console (which is sad because they do it for BB and other games like it)... And if they do bonus characters, just don't... Most times they're broken and/or banned because they're not on the same console, except for the Apprentice, which was cool but he's probably not gonna be in part 5, so why bother...

I do like both games, its just they really screwed up with T6 and SC4...

ewwwww lol sc1&2 imo but virtua fighter destroys it

VF is good and primarily balanced (I'll explain that one later), but people complain about it being too hard... 3 buttons vs 4-6+ buttons... That alone makes crap easier... There's quite a bit to learn, but what fighting game don't you have to learn lots in??? KoF has about as much info to learn as VF and SC... And if you play any SF you have to know your matchups for each character so that alone is more than enough... Plus there's not alot of "good" marketing backing the game up... There's no Ono, or Seth hyping it, and no major TV commercials... Just a single ad on the 3rd page of a GameInformer... That's it... Whomp whomp whooooomp... And game reviewers hype it though, saying its great and blah blah blah, but no one plays it... You've gotta be on virtuafighter.com to find out who's playing and even then its not always consistent...

But yeah, I hope Namco is truly listening to the fans... I remember when Aris was talking about why he quit playing SC and went over to Tekken... And he was pretty good...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »
Soul Calibur 5 has been announced! The game will take place 17 years after SC4 and the main character will be Patroclus, Sophitia's son. The game will release out on 2012, will have faster gameplay, new characters and some returning (I have read Siegfried, Mitsu and Ivy are comfirmed, but I'm not sure of this) and more complete character editor, and more options for online mode. Looks like Namco is studing Kinect and Move as an option of play.

Presentation event trailer (keep in mind that the images of Siegfried and Nightmare appear are from SC4, looks like a conclusion of the last chapter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmLtgY3S6c

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 01:53:30 PM »
Very Very cool.

I played SC4 casually so im happy to hear about a new release. I hope Taki or Tira will makes it into SC5
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 05:19:04 PM »
I'm really excited. Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting series after KOF.

It sounds like they're really going to do a reboot, SF3/MOTW-style. While I'd really, really miss the old cast, I think this would be for the best. It would be a first for Namco, too.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »
I'm really excited. Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting series after KOF.
Same for me :)

It sounds like they're really going to do a reboot, SF3/MOTW-style. While I'd really, really miss the old cast, I think this would be for the best. It would be a first for Namco, too.

They already said there will be new characters, but returning ones too, so I'm expecting staple ones like Siegfried (already comfirmed) Ivy, Mitsu, maybe Kilik, maybe Hilde as queen already, Talim and Amy as women not girls... and maybe Cassandra or Sophitia, but I have the feeling that if Patroclo has the same fighting style than her mother... I don't see Sophitia and/Cassandra making the cut, but maybe we have Pyrra, Sophitia's daughter.

Yes, I will miss the classic cast, but I'm definitely excited for this game. Man, if XIII console version is announced in a few days I would be really happy. E3 is going to be exciting this year!