Author Topic: When will we see...? (General suggestions thread)  (Read 35141 times)

Anakron

When will we see...? (General suggestions thread)
« on: July 27, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
Post whatever you'd like to see done to the forum/site that seems reasonable.

I know this site is Wordpress and PHP but making it feel like phpBB would make it much user friendly IMO. Melty Bread and Dustloop are practically identical to SRK forums so I think it shouldn't be a problem if you copy them too.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:33:51 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: When will we see...? (General suggestions thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »
I've got video working though it's somewhat odd to do. I'll post a tutorial in the announcements section. Posting and replying now takes you back to the thread you posted in. The same for new topics.

I'm working on the Moderator stuff. I've asked a few people and have gotten a few "No, thank you's." With the Wiki, I have not yet had a chance to get into that at all. I would like to get comfortable with it before I grant access. I'll look into the direct link to posts after I get home from work.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:42:09 PM by nilcam »

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »
I'd volunteer to be a mod, anyway some things I'd like to see get done in the near future

- A dreamcancel.com youtube page, it can be used to house "good" KOF videos ranging from KOF 94-XIII along with other SNK games in general, tutorials/tournaments/Casuals/GGPO/PSN/XBLA/etc the whole 9 yards

- A new skin for the website, I dunno maybe something to reflect the logo of KOF XIII

- Improved front-page layout, not urgent just something I'd like to see

Beelzemon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
I think the character discussion forum should have the characters sorted alphabetically rather than by most recent post.  This would make it easier to find a specific character.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:44:10 PM »
I'd volunteer to be a mod, anyway some things I'd like to see get done in the near future

- A dreamcancel.com youtube page, it can be used to house "good" KOF videos ranging from KOF 94-XIII along with other SNK games in general, tutorials/tournaments/Casuals/GGPO/PSN/XBLA/etc the whole 9 yards

- A new skin for the website, I dunno maybe something to reflect the logo of KOF XIII

- Improved front-page layout, not urgent just something I'd like to see

I'll get to the YouTube channel once the site is moving along smoothly.

When you say a new skin for the site, do you mean the forums?

How would you like to see the front page arranged?

My idea about the design is to keep everything simple and visually unified. I'm very high on usability. The blue skin on the forum matches one of the blue hues in Kula's hair on the homepage and works well with the logo. On the homepage, I love the simplicity and plan to add a calendar and other sections as we move forward. I really want to put an upcoming events calendar in the footer along with a links to videos, etc.

I think the character discussion forum should have the characters sorted alphabetically rather than by most recent post.  This would make it easier to find a specific character.

The character discussion area is the most experimental sections on the forum. One of the moderators requested that each character have a thread rather than a sub-forum for easy access to all of the movelists. It made sense so we're going with it, at least for the time being.

krazykone123

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 12:17:23 AM »
When you say a new skin for the site, do you mean the forums?

How would you like to see the front page arranged?

As far as it goes for a new skin just the forums, for the front page maybe a couple subtle additions like newest videos added to the youtube page (when that gets up), articles, newest additions to the wiki, simple stuff

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 12:33:27 AM »
Yeah, that stuff is in the works. I'm trying to feel out what would be appropriate for the front page. Once we have the wiki going, hopefully in the next week, I'll add links to that as well.

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:52 AM »
How are you supposed to add/minus from Karma? Maybe it should be removed anyway...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »
Applaud adds karma and smite removes it.

Anakron

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »
Maybe it should be removed anyway...
Agreed. The reputation system didn't work out well on SRK at all.

Also, please throw in a mention of #SNKPlaymore on efnet somewhere.

Anakron

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »
Woah, I can't believe I missed this, but how about an offline matchmaking forum? I don't think online matchmaking requires an entire forum, considering the fact that it's just one area (the internet).

Might as well delete the XII forum too btw...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:29:40 PM by Anakron »

Anakron

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 03:32:22 AM »
I was testing out the PM function and I found out that I can't see the PMs that I've sent. My outbox shows that I don't have any messages. Am I missing something here or what?

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »
I think it's broken, same thing happened to me.

EDIT: Also I think it would be very useful if the location we set in our profile is displayed underneath name/avatar.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:52:22 AM by Remxi »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »
how about denoting which timezone is being used when announcing new streams? it's hella confusing for ppl who don't know where you chaps are based :]
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Anakron

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
I really don't think that Last Blade and Art Of Fighters need their own forum. Last Blade 2 can just have it's own thread and no one plays Art of Fighters.