Author Topic: NGBC - K'  (Read 8309 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - K'
« on: January 18, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able.
* cl. ;a is a standing elbow that can chain up to 2 hits and can combo into ;dp + ;a or ;fd + ;b .
* cl. ;b is a low kick that can chain up to 2 hits and can combo into ;dp + ;a or ;fd + ;b .
* cl. ;c is a 2-hit uppercut. This move can be canceled at any point of execution.
* cl. ;d is a move that deceivingly looks like a low trip, but it is a special mid (can be blocked with either standing or crouching block).

Standing
* st. ;a is a straight jab. This move is actually pretty fast, as it comes out about as fast as jabs in Fighter's History Dynamite. This move cannot be canceled into anything.
* st. ;b is a mid kick, which can be used as a mid-range poke. This move cannot be canceled into anything.
* st. ;c is a standing hook. This is the only move that can be canceled into a special.
* st. ;d is roundhouse kick.

Crouching
* ;dn ;a is a ducking punch with special-mid properties. It can chain up to 2 hits and can combo into ;dp + ;a or ;fd + ;b .
* ;dn ;b is a low hitting kick that can chain up to 3 hits. If desired, ;dn ;b can chain into ;dn + ;a and into either ;dp + ;a or ;fd + ;b .
* ;dn ;c is a slow moving uppercut that can be canceled into ;fd + ;c and/or any special for a combo.
* ;dn ;d is a long sweep. Nothing is guaranteed after this move.

Jumping
* All jumping attacks can be canceled into aerial specials ( ;qcb + ;b / ;d or ;qcf + ;b / ;d ).
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf + ;a is an air punch attack that can be used to cross up, safe jump in, or it can be canceled into an aerial move for some mixup potential.
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf + ;b is a jumping knee attack. The hitbox is higher than ;ub / ;up / ;uf + ;a, so it can't be used to cross up.
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf + ;c is an alternate version of j. A, in where K' drops his other hand lower than the ;ub / ;up / ;uf + ;a version. There are a few options here just as there are in ;ub / ;up / ;uf + ;a , but there's a slight difference. Because the hitbox is lower, this move hits quicker when attempting a safe jump in, allowing the mixups to be applied with no real fear of GCFS, unless the opponent has a full bar. This is obviously not a good move to use against characters with dp reversal potential.
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf + ;d is a fly kick that can be canceled into an aerial special.

Blowback Attack
Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow K' to do counter with ;fd + ;a , and he will then tag out.

Throw
Shot Pile: ;bk / ;fd + ;c ;d
*Can be broken. Normal knockdown. From this throw, ;qcf + ;b / ;d can be used to apply mixups if desired.

Command Moves
One Inch: ;fd + ;a
* K' steps forward and does a punch similar to Bruce Lee's "One Inch Punch". On a normal hit this move knocks down, but on counter hit, it causes a counter wire in which the opponent bounces off of the wall. K' can combo from counter wire hits. If this move is used in a link (i.e. - cl. ;c to ;fd + ;a ) it just acts as a normal hit that can be canceled into a special.

Knee Assault: ;fd + ;b
* K' does a short jumping knee that can be canceled into an aerial special.

Special Moves
Iron Trigger: ;qcf + ;a / ;c
* K' throws his arm out, and emits a giant circular flame. Button strength only determines the damage for the initial hit. There are different moves that can be done from this move.

Second Shot: ''During Iron Trigger'', ;fd + ;b
* K' kicks that flame he just threw out from ;qcf + ;a / ;c . There's no damage distinction here, nor is there a difference in projectile speed.

Second Shell: ''During Iron Trigger'', ;fd + ;d
* K' does a flaming kick that launches the opponent and allows for a combo.

Black Out: ''During Iron Trigger'', ;bk + ;b / ;d
* K' cancels his flame with a teleport dash. Button strength determines whether he teleports in front of ( ;b ) or behind ( ;d ) the opponent.

Crow Bites: ;dp + ;a / ;c
* K' does an uppercut attack. Button strength determines the arc, and the number of hits. A does 1 hit, and C does 4 hits. If ;dp + ;c is used, pressing ;fd + ;b / ;d will add an extra hit.

Minutes Spike: ;qcb + ;b / ;d
* K' does an air kick attack. This move can be done in the air, and be canceled into either air ;qcb + ;b / ;d or air ;qcf + ;b / ;d .

Narrow Spike: ''During Ground Minute Spike'' ;qcb + ;b / ;d
* K' does his dash teleport, but it actually hits, allowing him to combo this move with a DM.

Air Trigger: ''During Ground Minute Spike'' or ''in the air'' ;qcf + ;b / ;d
* K' throws a fireball from the air. Button strength determines the angle at which the fireball flies to the ground.

Desperation Moves
Heaven's Drive: ;qcf ;qcf + ;b / ;d
* K' does a series of ;dp + ;a / ;c and finishes with an air kick.

Heat Drive: ;qcf ;qcf ;a / ;c (hold button to charge)
* K' does a dashing punch that launches the opponent in the sky. This is a very good move, as it allows K' to combo with this move. This move can be charged by holding either ;a or ;c . At max charge, this move becomes unblockable. It also does a considerable amount of guard damage.

Chain Drive: ;qcf ;hcb + ;a / ;c
* K' tosses his shades towards the opponent. If they hit, he continues with a ranbu combo ending with a ;fd + ;a attack. If the shades do not hit, or if they're blocked, there's a very long recovery time, allowing the opponent to get a free combo.

Combos and strats on the wiki (http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=K%27_(NGBC)) are currently being worked on... Stay tuned til then...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NGBC - K'
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »
Color palettes for K'... Notice the "Joker" theme... Props to TFG for the info.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:28:39 AM »
Against Hanzo, K' can go under his single shuriken projectile with ;dn + ;b ... I'm not sure if he can just simply duck under it, but I'll check... It seems though that the closer he gets, the less likely he can duck under it...

krazykone123

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:23 PM »
Against Hanzo, K' can go under his single shuriken projectile with ;dn + ;b ... I'm not sure if he can just simply duck under it, but I'll check... It seems though that the closer he gets, the less likely he can duck under it...

Crouch B makes his crouching hit-box smaller so he can evade a few aerial projectiles, happens with Vice in KOF amongst a few others I can't remember. K' is very... eh in NGBC, feels gimped because he lacks all his awesome juggle options from KOF 2002+ and his Chain Drive (in most cases) seems like a waste of meter compared to Heat and Heaven's when you land the [Tech Step] combo starter.

Stand/Crouch starters into f+B~qcb+K is always good though if you don't want to blow meter. Iron/Eins Trig along with it's follow-ups gets the let out on the majority of opponents unless they can move really fast/teleport around (like the Jin twins, Shiki, Hanzo) or eliminate projectiles (Hotaru. Crow Bites is is pretty boss since the jump arc's are a bit more predictable (unless it's on wake-up, and against Kim heh).

I can do more later.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
K' has a better chance against Jin Chonrei than Jin Chonsu, but yeah most teleport characters can warp outta pressure quickly... He's still more solid than some characters, just because he can easily combo into a super, and build at least 1 stock just as fast as he used it...

Yeah going against Kim sucks anyway, because his ;uf + ;d has too much priority, but there's always using either AC Tactical Step or GCFS and landing a combo on hit, or pressuring to bait a flash kick (which most Kim's have ready on landing - even JP players)... I think that ;dp + ;a has a good amount of priority but yeah it will trade in favor for Kim (same as Big's ;uf + ;d)...

Yeah you are right about him not having many good combos, especially ones from 2k2, which in this case puts K' below Iori and Kyo in tier listings... Plus when he does damage, he does need meter... I mean Iori is higher, simply because he's got rekkas, a command throw which extends combos, command normals which extends combos, and 2 dope supers - one which (wait for it...) extends combos... Having what 2 stocks of meter might help since then he could AC Tactical Step after a standing C, but its still not like having Iori's ;hcb ;fd + ;a to get a free combo (or even his projectile super)...

Granted, that doesn't mean K' isn't a solid character, as he's still consistently used in tournaments... But he has to work to get that damage in...

One thing that sucks that I wish he had was the ability to anti-air and combo it with ;dp + ;a like Hanzo or Yuki...

krazykone123

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:23:07 AM »
His crouch game is lacking but one thing that always liked about this version of K' is that he makes good use of (both) his command normals.

One Inch is a lot more useful here than in other games (since this K' is a bit gimped int comparison), it can lead to...
- weak Crow Bites (SC to Heat Drive if you have meter, you have to hold it for a second or you'll whiff) or Iron Trigger (f+D) corner juggle then repeat the first step, you can still SC if you want.
- strong Crow Bites, works best in the corner even though the first one or two hits tend to whiff
- Iron Trigger, (f+B) anywhere, (f+D) corner or against airborne opponents for the SC finish!

Knee Assault is restricted but can be used to combo right into air Minutes off damn near anything (st/cr.C etc), but that's about it. Yeah you can use Air Trigger but it has too poor a start-up for combo options, it's rather lacking in terms of being used as a wake up too but it's whatever.

But yeah ya boi got combos, but mostly in the corner tho' with meter. He still got tricks like Far A/B reset after weak Trigger in the corner. And after trigger juggle you can super jump and use j.C/D then cancel it to Narrows.

Btw got any AC Step options you'd like to share?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:24:53 AM by krazykone123 »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 07:13:08 AM »
Btw got any AC Step options you'd like to share?

Did some tinkering today...

standing ;c (any range), AC Tactical Step, ;dn ;c can work depending on the situation. From there you can probably use ;fd ;b if ;dn ;c connects and follow up with ;qcb ;b or you can use ;bk ;b from ;qcf ;a to mixup for a low hit... If that connects, go for the super... Most people don't really expect the low hit, and it comes out so fast, especially from a mixup...

I know he has an air fireball, but if you manage to do something like ;dn ;c , AC Tactical Step, ;dn ;d , you can attempt to throw an air fireball, but I haven't really seen that used too well except when avoiding a hit by extending airtime before a fall by using that special... I'm still checking to see if there's any real good use for it though, because GCFS seems to stop it...

krazykone123

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »
http://s520.photobucket.com/albums/w322/YaigaMamire/NGBC/

Added a few K' videos to my NGBC album, you can use st/cr.X AC step or (late) jump-in C/D before you start the ground combo.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 08:19:42 PM »
That's dope!!! Anytime you have meter and you connect a ;dp + ;a / ;c , go for that charge-able super... It does more damage than his ranbu super, and it can connect from more moves... The only real downside to it is that there aren't any real unblockable setups for this move since at max charge it becomes unblockable...

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:03 AM »
Thanks for posting really helpful with this guide =]

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »
Thanks for posting really helpful with this guide =]

You're welcome!!! I'm still finding new things with K' and other characters, so I just share the wealth of info.

Speaking of which, I'm convinced that this is one character who can force the opponent to stay ;dn simply because its not a smart move to attempt to jump over him due to ;dp ;a being so good. You have to tread carefully because of his Narrow Spike which hits low and can go straight into his supers. So basically depending on how well the K' player plays, he/she can lock the game down, and you have to stay sharp especially when it comes to those overhead mixups.

There are characters who can bait his ;qcf / ;dp options like Athena, Tung, Kisarah, and a few others, primarily because they can either control air movement by changing trajectory, or stalling midair, or they have some sort of counter that has a fairly fast execution time so baiting can be a factor. I believe Athena can pose a threat because she can stop in mid air, change the direction she's going in the air ([air] ;b + ;d ~ ;b ), and she can shoot projectiles while in the air as well. I'm pretty sure that there are others who can pose as much of a threat as she can, but from experience, she can lock him in the corner if not careful. There's always his dash teleport, but if telegraphed, there's always a chance to get thrown by her.

Any K' players who have issues fighting certain characters while playing K' please feel free to share.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 11:04:44 AM »
Poking with his 236A/C are very good. Unlike the original post states, button strength will determine if it knockdowns or not. A will inflict knockdown, while C will keep them in place.

Best combo ever : 5C (One hit) 6C 214D (No hit) 214D 236236A tk.214D

It can be done midscreen for one meter and does SERIOUS damage, plus it's really stylin'.
Oh, and keep poking with 236A/C, if they try to jump then add the D, if it hits proceed to do 236236A tk.214D
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon