Author Topic: KOF 98 UM - Ryo Sakazaki  (Read 5149 times)

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
KOF 98 UM - Ryo Sakazaki
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:42:29 AM »
Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

Throws
Tani Otoshi: ;bk/ ;fd+ ;c close
Tomoe Nage: ;bk/ ;fd+ ;d close

Command Moves

Hyouchuu Wari:  ;fd+ ;a

Special Attacks

Ko Ou Ken: ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c
Kohou:  ;fd ;dn ;df+  ;a /  ;c
Moh Koh Raijin Satsu: ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b/ ;d
Moh Koh Raijin Gou  : ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a/ ;c /  ;a ;c
Hien Shippuu Kyaku: ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;b/ ;d
Kyokugen-ryuu Renbu Ken:  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+  ;a /  ;c (close)

Desperation Moves
Haoh Shou Kou Ken: ;fd ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c
Ryuuko Ranbu: ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a/ ;c
Tenchi Haoh Ken: ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:26:48 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98 UM - Ryo
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 02:05:27 AM »
Notes

- You can connect crouching C / standing C after a crouching B. That being said the timing is very strict, much more than 2002um

- Hyouchuu Wari is an overhead move, when is cancelled into a normal lost this property. You can't cancel this move into anything unless you do a quick max, then you can connect Tenchi Haoh Ken

- Only A version of Ko oh ken can be comboed from heavy attacks. Used well is a good tool to keep distance from you opponent

- Kohou is a decent anti air, but don't abuse of him, you can get too predictable and if you miss this move, your opponent could punish you hard. The move still had very good priority, and A version has better recovery.

- Moh Koh Raijin Satsu is an overhead, this move could travel through some fireballs, so you need to learn when to use it, D version travels a longer distance and jumps higher, but took more time to connect.

- A version of Moh Koh Raijin Gou only could be chained from heavy attack chainable from hard attacks only. This version does 2 hits and can be canceled into Kohou. C version can't be comboed but you can cancel this move into Hien Shippuu Kyaku, only does 1 hit an is slower. If you press AC, the move would gain the advantages of both version, the move could be comboed, will do hits and could be cancelled into both moves. If you had your opponent in the corner, you can quick max the hien shippu kyaku and connect Tenchi Haoh Ken, making very good damage and if you the SDM produce stun state. This move has autoguard

- B version of Hien Shippu Kyaku could be comboed from light attacks and do 2 hits, D version from Heavy attacks, do 3 hits and travels further

- Kyokugenryu Renbu Ken is an unlockable attack that puts your opponent in juggle state, you can't connect dm's from this move

- Only A version of Haoh Shou Ko Ken could be comboed, even though travels slower

- Ryuuko Ranbu has invencibility frames during the start up flash. This moves produces decent chip damage

- Tenchi Haoh Ken now does more damage in normal state, but less in counter mode. SDM does way less damage but produces stun mode

Combos

Jumping C/D ; Cr C ; AC Moh Koh Raijin Gou , Hien Shipuu Kyaku
Cr B, Cr A, Tenchi Haoh Ken
f´+ A, Max Cancel, Tencho Haoh Ken
Cr C, Ryuuko Ranbu

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »
I'll handle the rest, thanks for the contribution sibarraz.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »
Anyone knows of any noticeable changes from his OG 98 counterpart?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »
Anyone knows of any noticeable changes from his OG 98 counterpart?

far standing b is slower , but far c is faster

I think that DM qcf x 2 + p does more damage if isn't  a counter hit, but if it's a counter hit does less damage than OG

There must be most changes but to be honest I don't played that much with ryo in OG, but i promise to test other changes later

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »
Hey Sibarraz, do you mind if I had some of the information you posted in Ryo's 98UM's wiki?

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 05:54:21 AM »
Like I said in the yuri thread, go ahead, will be nice to cooperate with the wiki

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 03:03:58 AM »
FYI, qcf + A/C in the corner after a cl.C is just asking for punishment from a lot of characters supers, so watch out.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 06:14:53 AM »
I normally just use QCF + P only in the middle screen, I never use it in the corner, but more because I don't know, doesn't seem that reliable, but thanks for the info desmond

Is really hard to connect a cr. C after a cr.b, but is way more easy with Ryo than with Yuri

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »
I just wanted to update this thread since we're going through the select screen order

There is this combo on extra mode, cr.C, qcb + AC, hien shippu kyaku, quick max, and then, qcf x2 + c

Only works in corner, and is little hard to do since is has and special timing, but if you can pull it out, you had a damaging combo which also puts your opponent in stun mode if you had the life bar on red

QCB + ac must be one of my favorites moves of ryo, I like it way more that the move that he had in 2002um, but well

Still, it seems that he was slightly better on OG

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98 UM - Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 06:37:58 AM »
Well, about the last combo that I posted, I discovered that only works with an SDM since it's faster, so overall, if you can pull this out in the corner, you had a quickmax combo where you left your opponent dizzy, and which already does big damage

The quick max must be done between the second and third hit of hcb + d

Waifu Material

derpsunagi79

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98 UM - Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »
Also

That combo you listed as sdm only, if you dont have An SDM handy you can just end with a DP+C for decent damage

There's not really many changes from normal 98 to 98um, i find that his jumping D crosses up alot better in 98UM especially on crouching chracters