Author Topic: NGBC General Discussion thread  (Read 62857 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: NGBC General Discussion thread
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2012, 06:51:31 PM »
There's several tactics to getting 360's... You don't even have to truly do a 360 tbh... Throw a jab that will whiff, and while the jab is out, do ;hcf ;ub .

There's always the empty jump tactic.

You can also 360 off of GCFS or just dashing...

I have to use the first method most times when playing Rock. Offline I'm consistant, but online, I'll get it about 80% of the time...

What character on NGBC do you use that has 360's??? I can think of a few, but some characters have "specific" tricks in landing one...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2012, 07:27:27 AM »
I bought this game for PS2 a few weeks ago and I have a question:

Is it possible to play this game with the analog stick? I only seem to be able to play it on the directional pad... and yes, the stick does work. I'm just wondering if this game allows you to use it at all :/

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »
I couldn't use the analog on my import version. I dunno if it's the same for the NTSC or PAL versions.

Anyone able to confirm this???

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2012, 08:23:06 PM »
I couldn't use the analog on my import version. I dunno if it's the same for the NTSC or PAL versions.

Anyone able to confirm this???

I think I can. I just found out the version I got is French (at least the manual is; the game is entirely in English). That may be why I can't use analog stick...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2012, 07:27:59 AM »
Copy/Paste:

I finally got this to work on Demul (I don't have a 360 but if NGBCHD comes out for PSN/Steam I'm there) and I'm digging it. Or as much as you can without access to a real training mode. My one complaint would be a lack of diverse characters. There's plenty of characters but not enough different playstyles. There's Marco, Cyber Woo, Mars People and that's about it. Where's the grapplers? I guess you have the Last Blade characters and Hoahamaru but there's not enough diversity. That said I'm digging Hanzo, Fuuma, Mr Karate, and Mr. Big. I tried Asura and he plays so differently it takes a while to get into him, I've seen some tournament footage with him and it seems like your best bet is zoning with him. Once I get more comfortable with the game I'll try him out.

Damn good tag fighter though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2012, 02:17:29 AM »
I finally got this to work on Demul

You have no idea how many times I've downloaded Demul and rage-deleted it because I could never get it to work.

You think you could teach me? Pretty please?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2012, 06:43:19 AM »
Silly question. Demul is just a emulator and not something that can go online right? Looking it up I was confused since they call it a dreamcast emulator, but NGBC is a Naomi game. Guessing it does arcade too
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »
It emulates Dreamcast, Naomi, and Atomiswave games. It can play online through Kaillera but it's kind of a pain to set up. It seemed pretty playable though.

If it becomes more stable maybe Damdai will use hook it up with Supercade.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:47:41 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
Copy/Paste:

I finally got this to work on Demul (I don't have a 360 but if NGBCHD comes out for PSN/Steam I'm there) and I'm digging it. Or as much as you can without access to a real training mode. My one complaint would be a lack of diverse characters. There's plenty of characters but not enough different playstyles. There's Marco, Cyber Woo, Mars People and that's about it. Where's the grapplers? I guess you have the Last Blade characters and Hoahamaru but there's not enough diversity. That said I'm digging Hanzo, Fuuma, Mr Karate, and Mr. Big. I tried Asura and he plays so differently it takes a while to get into him, I've seen some tournament footage with him and it seems like your best bet is zoning with him. Once I get more comfortable with the game I'll try him out.

Damn good tag fighter though.

copy/paste from srk

Cyber Woo is considered a grappler. She actually has good setups for her throws, too, especially since one of them has armor. Plenty of characters have command grabs, but that doesn't necessarily make them grapplers.

Asura... Well, he's fun, but alot of his moves have a long startup, so he's limited in a sense. Yeah, he's kinda made for zoning, but then you have characters like Mudman, and Marco (damn grenades), and they outshine him ... Asura's got some nice tricks though.

Laocorn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2016, 04:19:58 AM »
I'm just wondering if anyone has a guide to all 4 bosses anywhere? I'd like to take them on but they're so overwhelming. Can't find any written guides anywhere.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2016, 06:57:39 AM »
I'm just wondering if anyone has a guide to all 4 bosses anywhere? I'd like to take them on but they're so overwhelming. Can't find any written guides anywhere.
Problems beating them or want to know how to fight them?

[spoiler]In this section, you will get the full detail on the cinemas that occur prior
and after each boss battle you can be subject to when time runs up in Arcade
Play mode. As you may know, there are different specifications to meet each
boss, the easiest one being Mizuchi (you just have to fail to gather any of
the requirements listed below). Most battles take place within the confinements
of the coliseum, but Goodman’s battle seems to take place in a slightly
different venue (looks like a marble hall surroundedby pillars). The steps are:

- For King Lion:
* Win 6 battles or more
* Don’t use ANY Double Assault moves
* Use only one Bonus Service option
* You can only continue once

- For Neo Dio:
* Win 6 battles or more
* Connect 4 or more Double Assault moves
* Use only two Bonus Service options
* You must NOT continue

- For Goodman:
* Win 8 battles or more
* Connect 6 or more Double Assault moves
* You must NOT use any Bonus Service option
* You must NOT continue
* The combined energy of both of your fighters must be at least one full bar[/spoiler]
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Laocorn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2016, 03:11:04 PM »
Yea, problems beating them. Mizuchi seems doable at least but I get outplayed eventually.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2016, 06:03:36 AM »
Hmmm, I haven't played NGBC for a while, but I guess keeping the preassure on might be a good idea. If you manage knock them down, don't let them do anything when they rise up. And keep blocking.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2016, 08:14:58 AM »
Steady pressure doesn't wprk the greatest against King Lion since he has the counter. I mostly play Mizuchi or Goodman. Goodman, to me, is way easier then Mizuchi cause the trick to him is hitting him when he is going for the whip. If he doesn't get it off then the beast won't attack. Mizuchi is annoying. A full screen move seems to help since approaching him is a pain.

Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Laocorn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
I hate Goodman all because of that damn reflector he can use anytime to knock you across the screen. Idk how to even get passed that.

Tried King Lion mostly last night. He seems to hate Joy Joy Block & Balloon.