Author Topic: NGBC General Discussion thread  (Read 62868 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: NGBC General Discussion thread
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 05:35:17 AM »
The real issue with Kaede is getting in to do damage... He can't really fireball spam on the ground or in the air, and his dp+P while it's ok, its no Ryo dp+P... His crouching B his best poke, which is chains into itself... Standing B hits low... Aside from his throw being untechable, everything evolves around his sword super...

command throw, qcb+A xx Sword Super does a huge amount of damage... There's a few other things he can do combo-wise, but even still it evolves around his sword super (someone please tell me what the motion is I keep forgetting...).

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 05:48:13 AM »
The real issue with Kaede is getting in to do damage... He can't really fireball spam on the ground or in the air, and his dp+P while it's ok, its no Ryo dp+P... His crouching B his best poke, which is chains into itself... Standing B hits low... Aside from his throw being untechable, everything evolves around his sword super...

command throw, qcb+A xx Sword Super does a huge amount of damage... There's a few other things he can do combo-wise, but even still it evolves around his sword super (someone please tell me what the motion is I keep forgetting...).
qcf x2 punch (i always had a hard time with the abcd system in snk games so i just use simple terms)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 07:07:53 AM »
I'm testing right now with Kaede and Kyo...

My bad, Kaede's crouching A chains into itself, not crouching B...

You can do crouching B, crouching A, qcb+P (one hit) xx qcf x2 + A/C...

I don't know if its a glitch or not, but hcb,f+P can also be done as hcb x2 + A/C... I didn't even really do that, I started from ;df and not ;fd so its more like ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a / ;c .

I forgot about his roll,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b / ;d . You could poke with say  ;dn ;b , ;dn ;a and go right into the roll using  ;b which would make you close enough for  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b / ;d ...

Air fireballs might have some use, kinda in a Gouki sort of turltling manner... They come out faster than his regular ground projectiles, and using C gives a small pause... Still would not recommend using fireballs as spam tactics...

Best block string I can come up with is  ;dn ;b , ;dn ;a , standing  ;a . Standing ;a comes out faster than standing ;d , but standing ;d I think locks the opponent down unless GCFS is available...

Safe jump option is with j. B., which can also be used as a crossup... It's rather difficult to land it sometimes because of the angle/hitbox...

Tripping the opponent, and canceling to the A fireball might work as a strat... I had the opponent tech roll, and immediately do a crouching guard, and it still hit... Can someone else confirm this works??? Ok, nevermind... It does NOT work... It does push back a bit though, but nothing more....

Now Kyo........... Well, there's this:

in the corner, standing ;d;dn ;df ;fd ;d ;d;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b;fd ;dn ;df ;a x3... Does tons of damage...

Off of crouching hard attacks, and standing hard attacks, you can bust this combo out:

;dn ;df ;fd ;c , ;dn ;df ;fd ;c , ;dn ;df ;fd ;a , ;dn ;df ;fd ;b;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;c

If this takes them to the corner, and you're close after the explosion, you can add either a  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a or  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;d .

;bk ;dn ;db ;b / ;d has priority also...

Can't think of anything else... I'm pretty sure you know at least the majority of this...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 08:17:12 AM »
thanx jinx ill have to try some of this out tomorrow

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 11:14:39 PM »
Here's the current tier listing:

God Tier: Goodman (banned)
S + Class: Mr Big, Kim
S- Tung, Marco, Hotaru
A Class: Iori, Robert, Lee, Haohmaru, Mizuchi, Hanzo, Kyo.
B Class: Mai, Fuma, Shiki, Kaede, Moriya, Washizuka.
C Class: Athena, K', Shermie, Mr. Karate, Neo Dio,Cyber Woo, Shishioh, Terry, Akari
D Class: Rock, Geese, Mudman, Asura, Mars People (and Rising), Chonrei, Ai
E Class: Yuki, Chonshu, Nakoruru, Genjyuro

As you can see, all the bosses, minus Goodman, are playable and acceptable in tournaments... Supposedly from what I've been reading, there's a different tier listing in Japan for the game, which puts people like Kisarah (who is missing from this list) from C to A tier...

ref: http://round2.18.forumer.com/a/snk-tier-list_post19.html

SRK's tier listing is slightly similar, but the S tiers are consolidated, and Marco is listed under A tier... Kisarah is missing from this list as well...

krazykone123

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
If you guys still play, hit me up on Wednesday or Thursday.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 08:06:48 PM »
Cool, I'll be on leave for about 15 days, so I'll be down for leveling up on this...

krazykone123

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 04:27:46 AM »
http://s520.photobucket.com/albums/w322/YaigaMamire/NGBC/

I ripped the character and winning art from the 360 port today, looks a little tinted though but enjoy.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 11:04:40 PM »
That's dope!!! We need as much support as we can get for this game so things like that are pretty dope!!! Wish the stages were available as desktops for pcs and ps3s...

I've been constant on practicing with my Mars People/Neo Dio team, and I noticed strange things like when you execute Mars' level 3 super ( ;dn ;dn + ;b ;d ) and tag to Dio, the "baby kamikazes" can still hit the opponent even while Dio does his command grab, and some moves combo in depending on what's done and at what time the aliens hit when you do a specific move... So granted, the setups are rather limited to a degree, you can do things like:

Mars' lvl 3 super, ;e , ;dn ;c , ;fd ;c , ;b , ;qcf ;c and it all combo because of Mars' super hitting constantly even during the grab...

Just realized the grab knocks the opponent down on hit because of the "baby kamikazes"... Normally, that command throw allows you to extend a combo... I could've sworn I got some other things to combo previously...

I was able to do a few combos here and there, but didn't have enough time to thoroughly dive into it... I'll try some things out today, and see what I come up with... (That info will be put in Dio's thread...)

I also noticed that those extra hits also apply to other characters with command throws (maybe with an exception to a few)...

Now, all this time playing this game, and I never came across this "Tung Fu Rue glitch"... I know in the import ps2 and arcade versions, he could stack a 40hit combo with his muscleman move, but that didn't seem like the glitch, or was it, 'cause I honestly don't know... I stated that he can't do 40 hits on the xbl version and that he was toned down in that sense, but apparently this glitch can be repeated in the game... Anyone care to take a crack at explaining this???
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:27:26 AM by jinxhand »

krazykone123

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
Your friend list on xbla is full jinx, I wanna fight you yo.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 11:41:53 PM »
I'll make some room when I get home today... I'm more than likely gonna see how my "fairly new" team does, especially against the 3 K's (Kyo, K', and Kim)...

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2011, 04:02:30 AM »
Hey guys i was watching some vids of NGBC and i noticed Kyo turned into his BC state like in KOF 2k2. How do you go into that mode?
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
Supposedly, from what I've been reading, that's something that only he can do which acts as a powerup that allows him to cancel certain moves... Some of the other characters that glow are for show (I guess based on the player's rank/wins)...

However, I did see matches where both characters started off with the glow and max-da, so I'm not sure if those were dip siwtches what were used to get that effect or what...

Makes me wonder if this can be repeated on the ps2/xbl versions...

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 01:49:33 AM »
Kyo gets Max Mode after using his qcfx2+K super (at least I think that is the notation)
After the super I believe you mash kick, and he taunts then glows orange. He has Max Mode for a certain amount of time. I don't know how long it lasts though.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:18:24 AM by the_judge »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 09:14:27 AM »
I believe that one lasts for 10 counts... I'll test it sometime this week...

The other "glow" scenario I have yet to figure out...