Author Topic: NGBC General Discussion thread  (Read 62842 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: NGBC General Discussion thread
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
720 throw motions and  ;db charge ;df ;db ;uf motions...

Am I secretly playing Street Fighter?

SF borrowed alot of motions and such from SNK, but that's for another thread...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »
720 throw motions and  ;db charge ;df ;db ;uf motions...

Am I secretly playing Street Fighter?

SF borrowed alot of motions and such from SNK, but that's for another thread...

I just said that because I'm not used to seeing such motions on SNK games.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
Yeah I personally think they should've changed ;db ;df ;db ;uf to simply ;db ;qcf ;uf so that canceling the super from ;dn charge ;up would be quicker and easier... It still takes skill to juggle with those flash kicks in the corner though...

I do like this version of Robert... He's not as stylish in terms of animation as say KoFXII or KoFXIII's Robert, but still stylish at least in terms of garb, ;fd ;bk ;fd ;b , and projectile throwing...

Oh you know what, his glow effect was pretty dope... I think he had that also in NeoWave...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:56:51 PM by jinxhand »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2011, 06:16:37 PM »
Yeah I personally think they should've changed ;db ;df ;db ;uf to simply ;db ;qcf ;uf so that canceling the super from ;dn charge ;up would be quicker and easier... It still takes skill to juggle with those flash kicks in the corner though...

I do like this version of Robert... He's not as stylish in terms of animation as say KoFXII or KoFXIII's Robert, but still stylish at least in terms of garb, ;fd ;bk ;fd ;b , and projectile throwing...

Oh you know what, his glow effect was pretty dope... I think he had that also in NeoWave...

That glowing effect made me think he had turned evil!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 08:37:53 AM »
Any Rock players here???

I'm testing something out here with both him and Geese, but mainly Rock, since his standing ;a doesn't push back as much... If timed right, with Rock you can do a standing ;a and buffer a 360 throw... I'm trying to test to see if the throw can be avoided or not and if blocking the standing ;a keeps the throw from being whiffed... It obviously won't read as a combo, but it's still something worth noting, as I think he has the fastest command throw in terms of animation speed, and execution... So you could technically dash in and throw a jab out, and quickly bust out with a I think the 2nd fastest is tied with either Neo Dio or Geese... Cyber Woo has the slowest command throw, but it has an armor attribute that allows him/her to take a few hits before throwing... I believe I was thrown once after throwing out a Muscle Man special with Tung, but this was back in 05/06 so I can't remember...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2011, 06:04:46 PM »
- If you hit with  ;fd ;b, you can juggle with another move. This only works in the corner.

You can do a solid hit like standing ;c or standing ;d and cancel to ;fd ;b and link that with a special and/or super...

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but off of a ;dn ;d , if there's 2 stocks of meter, you can AC Tactical Step and quickly input her air ;d super but it requires Tiger Kneeing to get it to link... You have to be fast though or your opponent will tech... It takes some practice, but if you have the frames to punish, and aren't in range to do a standard combo, then this would work... Not only that, it does so much damage, so killing off one of your opponent's characters can happen if they decide to do something risky...

I believe that it is also possible to do a GCFS and quickly get a ;dn ;d in to link the combo, but it would be easier to spend 2 stocks by just doing a BnB combo to a super, rather than GCFS, to ;dn ;d, ACTS, then TK super which would end up being 3 stocks... Granted meter can be built quickly, but with the distance ACTS makes you move, you're already in close to do something stronger and "cheaper"...

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but off of a ;dn ;d , if there's 2 stocks of meter, you can AC Tactical Step and quickly input her air ;d super but it requires Tiger Kneeing to get it to link... You have to be fast though or your opponent will tech... It takes some practice, but if you have the frames to punish, and aren't in range to do a standard combo, then this would work... Not only that, it does so much damage, so killing off one of your opponent's characters can happen if they decide to do something risky...

I believe that it is also possible to do a GCFS and quickly get a ;dn ;d in to link the combo, but it would be easier to spend 2 stocks by just doing a BnB combo to a super, rather than GCFS, to ;dn ;d, ACTS, then TK super which would end up being 3 stocks... Granted meter can be built quickly, but with the distance ACTS makes you move, you're already in close to do something stronger and "cheaper"...

I'm gonna master this. This sounds too awesome to pass up.
You're too slow!!

DaBlueShadow

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »
I've gotten some good practice on this game, but still learning more combos. Any good combos for any of these characters; Ai, Tong Fu, Athena and Nakumaru.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »
I've gotten some good practice on this game, but still learning more combos. Any good combos for any of these characters; Ai, Tong Fu, Athena and Nakumaru.

On the wiki, there are combos for Ai, and Tung... Athena and Nakoruru will be updated soon...

Athena doesn't really have much until you mix in her mini fireball/tornado super... I'll come up with some more things for her in though, but here's a basic one for her.

Athena:
* ;dn ;b , ;dn ;b , ;dp ;b

Nakoruru:
* standing ;c , ;c , ;qcf ;a
* (in the corner) close ;c , ;c , ;qcb  ;d , (fly) ;a (4 times), ;b , ;hcf ;hcf ;a 

Dark Geese

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »

Anything you want to know about Athena OR Tung (Since that used to be my main team) feel free to ask me.

DaBlueShadow

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »

On the wiki, there are combos for Ai, and Tung... Athena and Nakoruru will be updated soon...

Athena doesn't really have much until you mix in her mini fireball/tornado super... I'll come up with some more things for her in though, but here's a basic one for her.

Athena:

Nakoruru:
* (in the corner) close ;c , ;c , ;qcb  ;d , (fly) ;a (4 times), ;b , ;hcf ;hcf ;a 
Thanks I'll try to learn that.

Dark Geese

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2011, 06:24:27 PM »

Athena:

Nakoruru:
Thanks I'll try to learn that.

Athena can also combo cr.bx3 into dp+b or D.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
Doesn't the number of ;dn ;b s vary with the character??? I mean I stick with 2 ;dn ;b s vice 3 only because of the chances of whiffing increase... Plus ;dp ;b works better for me I believe the hitbox is better than ;d or do I have it in reverse???

Dark Geese

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
Doesn't the number of ;dn ;b s vary with the character??? I mean I stick with 2 ;dn ;b s vice 3 only because of the chances of whiffing increase... Plus ;dp ;b works better for me I believe the hitbox is better than ;d or do I have it in reverse???

It depends on how fast you do it, if you do it fast enough you can land it 3, but normally yeah I stick with 2 just to be safe, but you can land three. dp+D covers more range thus thats why I use it...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2011, 10:59:31 PM »
Yeah I forgot til ayer, the ;d version is the "side swipe" so the hitbox is wider... The ;b is the "backflip" so yeah the hitbox for that is I think slightly taller, but not wider of course...

From playing Athena, she seems more about setups and mixups than just actual combos though...