Author Topic: NGBC General Discussion thread  (Read 62864 times)

krazykone123

Re: NGBC General Discussion thread
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2011, 07:30:30 PM »
Nakoruru

Nako IIRC (didn't use her too much) is mediocre in this game, but here's a player showing off some gimmicks with her. Space with st.C then go from there and watch out for projectiles.

NGBC Japanese Match 4
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:32:01 PM by krazykone123 »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
Nako is good if enough time is invested in learning her. She has bad matchups, but there are things that can turn those around sorta... For instance, she can go under projectiles with 236P, but its not just a move to be throwing around, so you gotta learn how to be on point when it comes to countering with her. She has a good corner combo, too. Other than that, you have to constantly stay on the move, be ready to counter attack, and be very creative in setups. She does have range with some normals though, and her flip kick does have priority. I also noticed that vs Lee the ZanRetsuKen finisher whiffed a few times. That's happened to me before offline, and I thought it was a fluke, so she might have specific matchups that favor her because of strange things like that...

Cyber Woo... Well, she's the most "grappler-esque" character, so she's gonna have a hard time vs some characters. Her command throw does have armor, so that's something good to know. You don't have to be too creative though... Her air grab stops a bunch of jump ins. From the people I've fought that used her, she just baits for a jump in and counters, and if she's close enough, grab grab grab. Oh yeah, her machine gun super is unblockable, so there's setups in that too... I have a match or two somewhere on my youtube page.

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2011, 02:24:19 AM »
How are Rock and Iori in this game?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2011, 06:33:03 AM »
How are Rock and Iori in this game?

Personally, I feel that Rock is strong, not in the "tier list" sort of way, but that he requires some good time and patience to really take out the stronger characters. I say that because while he has good moves like his counters, they don't always serve him well vs some characters like Mars People and Moriya due to their ranged attacks. He's way better than Geese, but he still suffers because his strong combos are really in the corner. Not only that, but even though he can combo off of his Deadly Rave Neo if you end it at the 2nd to last hit, you'd be better off just finishing it because it does that much more damage. That isn't to say that he sucks, but its not always gonna be an uphill battle with him once you see his potential. There's just some things that you can't translate over from MoTW though...

Iori is more solid than Rock, I feel its primarily because he has better hit confirms which lead to better mid-screen combos, his command throw is still in, and his level 1 supers are better. He has a mini juggle with his dp move as well, but its not Kyo's crazy super combo. He still has good priority with his air attacks (jumping b, c, and d), and he still has range with his standing d. To top it off, he can end a combo with his fireball as an OTG finisher. He still doesn't "truly" play like his KOF version, but its just as good...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2011, 07:42:17 PM »
So when do we get a list of moves that hit OTG?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »
So when do we get a list of moves that hit OTG?

I didn't forget about you guys and what I said awhile back. I'm actually working/testing out a list of moves that OTG for each character and some extra notes for them... I planned on just dumping a huge detailed list, but for those that can't wait :) here ya go... This list will be updated, and if there's any new finds or changes, let me know. I don't have all the characters yet, but this should hold it down for now. All of these OTGs hit if the opponent doesn't tech, unless specified. I'll try to annotate if they're guaranteed, and under what conditions, too. Here we go:

KYO - None

TERRY - ;qcf + ;a / ;c
     * His projectile combos on hard and soft knockdowns.

RYO - ;dp + b / ;d (in the corner only)
     * This move still counts as an OTG because he can literally hits you as you hit the ground, preventing you from teching. This has to be done early after the throw, otherwise it won't connect.

ANY LAST BLADE CHAR, EXCEPT AKARI - ;df + ;c
     * This is the "universal" down attack that was in the Last Blade system.
     * Akari's down attack is st. ;b as mentioned later in this list.

HAOHMARU - ;qcb + ;a / ;c
     * This connects on both hard and soft knockdowns.
     * ;qcf + ;c produces a hard knockdown, which guarantees a free ;qcb + ;a / ;c

YUKI - charged air ;qcb + ;b / ;d , charged ;dp + ;c
     * charged ;dp + ;c can literally hit OTG, but it only does 1 hit
     * charged air ;qcb + ;b / ;d lifts the opponent up high to do his lvl 3 super

AI - None (still testing this. She has some weird moves, and I'm testing to see if she has anything from her Joy Joy Balloon stance that hits OTG) [UPDATE - no OTGs from JJB stance... Testing other moves still...]

GENJYURO - None

ROBERT - None

ROCK - None

IORI - ;qcf + ;c
     * Works off of rekkas. This is actually the ender to most of his combos involving the rekkas.

K' - None

MAI - None

LEE - None

AKARI - ;qcb ;hcf + ;a / ;c (timed OTG), st. ;b , whiffed ;rdp + ;a / ;b / ;c
     * Akari's ;qcb ;hcf + ;a / ;c has to be done right as the opponent hits, or it will actually whiff even if the opponent doesn't tech
     * st. ;b was her down attack in the Last Blade series
     * if ;rdp + ;a / ;b / ;c is whiffed, she trips and falls, thus causing the OTG

ASURA - ;dp + ;a / ;b / ;c
     * There's currently no real guarantee way of getting these to hit OTG unless the opponent decides not to tech.

HANZO - None

FUMA - None

SHIKI - None

WASHIZUKA - None

TUNG - None

KIM - ;dn ;dn + ;d
     * The infamous stomp: this move is the finisher for most combos that lead to the corner. Kim can get this to connect outside of the corner, but only if the opponent doesn't tech.

SHERMIE - None

MIZUCHI - ;qcf ;qcf + ;a / ;c (only does like 1 hit though so its really worthless unless you're out to humiliate someone).
     * This super is similar to Yuki's charged ;dp + ;c move, where the higher the opponent, the higher the number of hits that can be done making this a good move. It's not really great as an OTG, but this is an OTG list, so it's listed. What won't be listed are moves that guarantee this, since quite honestly, it's only good for juggle combos.

MARCO - ;hcf ;hcf + ;b / ;d
     * Depending on how soon you use his Metal Slug Attack, it will determine the number of hits. I've been able to get from about one hit to 5-6 hits. I'm not much of a Marco player, but I managed to get this off of a corner throw, Iron Lizard, and some grenade setups. He just benefits off of a non-tech situation.

ATHENA - ;qcf ;hcb + ;b / ;d
     * This only works off of throws, any attack from Hovering (especially Typhon Swing), and Life Flower-Puroboros if and only if the opponent doesn't tech. If he doesn't tech, then that's like 1/2 life gone if you're willing to waste 3 meters. I thought that this only worked in the corner, but this tactic actually works anywhere on the screen.

MUDMAN - None

CYBER WOO - ;hcf + ;c
     * This is usually the follow up from ;hcf + ;a , making it a good 2 hit combo. You can't use the ;c version twice in a row, however, as the opponent will be able to tech. If you've trained the opponent not to tech since ;hcf + ;a causes a hard knockdown, Cyber Woo can use this as a setup for her unblockable chaingun super.

CHONREI - None

CHONSHU - None (although I'm still testing)

NEO DIO - None

SHISHIOH - ;dp + ;a / ;c
     * Using ;a comes out way faster, but still requires some timing when attempting to hit an OTG. It's best to use if your opponent doesn't tech from ;qcb + ;a / ;c . Although the ;c version is slow, I've managed to hit OTG with it, but I had to do the move while the opponent was falling (chain into ;fd + ;a works).

GEESE - ;df + ;c (on a downed opponent), ;db ;hcb ;df + ;a + ;b (after a successful ;hcb + ;b )
     * ;df + ;c is the down grab, which rarely works unless the opponent doesn't tech. There's no real way for Geese to do a hard knockdown on an opponent to get this grab off, since almost all of his moves allow the opponent to tech. Testing to see what works on CH though.
     * Geese's 2 meter version of his Raging Storm is pretty much guaranteed after successfully countering with ;hcb + ;b . The only way to not get this is by messing up the input.

MARS PEOPLE - ;dn ;dn + ;a + ;c
     * Not only can this super be used as a combo, this also hits OTG whether or not the opponent techs. It is possible to land this move very late, right before the opponent has the opportunity to tech. A plus with this is that the move follows the opponent, meaning it drops right above them, and has a good hitbox, so there's no chance to whiff.

~~~~To Be Continued~~~
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:49:07 AM by jinxhand »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2011, 08:01:23 AM »
Ikari? Don't you mean Akari? =P

Also, doesn't Marco's Metal Slug Attack hit OTG?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
Ikari? Don't you mean Akari? =P

Also, doesn't Marco's Metal Slug Attack hit OTG?

I'm only human :( . I actually started on the list in notepad a few nights ago, and I think the error started there, since I copied the list over, and edited the move list and put the names in bold. My bad to those Last Blade devouts out there...

I haven't gotten to Marco yet, but you're right though, it does hit OTG.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2011, 09:34:25 PM »
Nice info. Thanks for the write-up!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
Nice info. Thanks for the write-up!

You're welcome!!! I was going over this list and ended up making a video over the weekend. I just finish uploading it to my page if you wanna check it out. You can get a gauge on how much some of the moves do in actual combos.

The premise however is "if one doesn't techroll", be it from a throw, or a knockdown. Learn to tech, and alot of these things become null and void, unless its a followup from a hard knockdown.

Edit: Ok, I figured I throw it up here. What do you guys think???

NGBC Tip #1 - Learn to Techroll!!!

I came up with a bunch of other retarded combos after making this, so maybe a part 2 is in the works... Iunno... I wanna put some other things up like maybe a "Combo of the Week" perhaps...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:30:21 AM by jinxhand »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2011, 03:52:56 AM »
That was a great video! It made me laugh in some parts (mostly in the part with Asura). I shall definitely tech roll from now on. =P

Also, shouldn't you change the date in your sig?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2011, 05:38:59 AM »
That was a great video! It made me laugh in some parts (mostly in the part with Asura). I shall definitely tech roll from now on. =P

Also, shouldn't you change the date in your sig?

Thanks... There are some cases where the character can do a hard knockdown, and then those followups become guaranteed so you can't tech. The thing that you also have to keep in mind is that some characters have throws that produce a hard knockdown, like Kim. The good thing is that he can't get much out of it, except a stomp.

I do need to change my sig, but I keep forgetting to do it...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »
That was a great video. I really hope you continue the series.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2011, 11:06:49 PM »
I think Marco's Iron Lizard can also hit OTG. And possibly his grenades too (I'm not too sure about the grenades, but I'm almost 100% positive about the Iron Lizard).

Also, still no date change? =P It doesn't take that long to change a sig.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »
I think Marco's Iron Lizard can also hit OTG. And possibly his grenades too (I'm not too sure about the grenades, but I'm almost 100% positive about the Iron Lizard).

Also, still no date change? =P It doesn't take that long to change a sig.

I tested out the grenades and they weren't able to hit OTG, and I used both versions... Iron Lizard, I didn't get to test yet, but all versions of his Metal Slug attack hit OTG. I was too busy testing his knife stance seeing what I could get from that.

I'm definitely gonna make a part 2 to the "Techroll" vid now... I think there are creative things that can be done with some other characters, but I'll test it out.

I'm convinced that Asura's ;qcb ;qcb + ;c hits OTG, but it comes out too slow, so I'm gonna try to figure out a unique way to test that...