Author Topic: NGBC General Discussion thread  (Read 62874 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: NGBC General Discussion thread
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »
What the hell does "and rising" mean? Does that mean that Mars People is progressively moving up the tier list?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
What the hell does "and rising" mean? Does that mean that Mars People is progressively moving up the tier list?

I believe that per region he's considered lower mid-tier, but because of his somewhat "new-found" potential, he can be raised in the tier listings a bit higher than where he was placed... Most tier lists as you might find overtime will "evolve" either because of something new that was found, or because they differ based on how strong that character is in a particular region (like how Angel is strong in Mexico, but not so in US or Japan [check me on the Japan part]).

After putting a great amount of time into him (and Neo-Dio), I feel he's pretty strong of a character... Granted, he's not as strong as he was in SvC Chaos (some move properties have changed), but Mars People has alot of mixups that allow him to rush down somewhat safely to get in close for a command grab, or retreat and zone if needed... His ;hcb ;hcb + ;b / ;d super allows him to get out of the corner, and it serves as a starter in his mixup game... There are a few people with moves that can stop this like Kyo's air kick special, but for the most part, if Mars can keep a projectile (preferably ;qcf + ;c ) he can do a few things to either zone, or get in close...

His real problem is getting caught in the corner... He doesn't have a standard method for getting out of it, and you can hit him out of his teleports... Both teleports if done in the corner will keep Mars close to the opponent, which isn't always a good thing, because he can either get thrown back in the corner (if the throw isn't broken), or a massive combo can ensue, probably killing him in the process...

As far as the other characters go, Mr. Big can also vary in the listing. He's considered strong for alot of reasons. His combos alone do massive damage, his lariat ( ;a + ;c / ;b + ;d ) has high priority which makes it a great anti-air move... His ;dn + ;d doesn't trip, which can make it a good poke, because it can cancel into anything to either keep him safe, or if it his he can link it to anything else... His torpedo move ( ;qcb + ;a / ;c ) is good too; however, there are ways to beating him out on certain moves, and some characters have tricks or counters that can stop him in his tracks at times, so he can technically be notched down a bit in the tier...

Kisarah, although missing from the list, is about A tier in Japan, and C tier pretty much elsewhere in the world... She's a really solid character, but takes tons of time to really get good with her, so the skill level between Japan and elsewhere is different. Japanese players have broken her down so much that they know all about her in terms of what to use for punishing moves, combos, mixups, etc... But in America, there may be quite a bit of Kisarah players (and maybe 1 or 2 really strong Kisarah players) but overall she's not that strong of a character in the American region... Hopefully that can change...

Also, even though there is a tier list, and you'll find people who automatically go with the "Kim/Big" team that doesn't mean they're unbeatable... Hanzo is a solid character that in the right hands can OCV a Kim/Big team...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 05:15:49 AM »
Mars People has 5 freaking DMs in the game. Isn't that a world record?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 06:44:32 AM »

For an SNK game, maybe... But either way, the only one worth mentioning would be After Bronze and Flatwoods March for 2nd place...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 07:28:43 AM »
Now I've never come across this before, but how is this even possible!?!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCG3zVXceTI

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »

For an SNK game, maybe... But either way, the only one worth mentioning would be After Bronze and Flatwoods March for 2nd place...

I'm pretty sure it's not just for an SNK game. I'm sure it's for all fighting games.

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2011, 04:17:23 AM »

lol, limit break combo vids.
90% of the time it requires some kind of inhuman effort between both players to initiate those glitches.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »

lol, limit break combo vids.
90% of the time it requires some kind of inhuman effort between both players to initiate those glitches.

That's for sure, but it would be kinda cool to execute this, if its even possible... Chonsu's infinite has been removed, so I'm wondering what else has been removed or "fixed"...

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 11:43:57 PM »
Getting back into the game again, looking to try out Shiki and Moriya, anyone got any tips?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »
Getting back into the game again, looking to try out Shiki and Moriya, anyone got any tips?

Most Shiki's that I fight tend to teleport quite a lot... You definitely want to know when and where each teleport move takes you, because even if you think you're out of range, a simple dash to combo can put a huge dent in Shiki's life...

One of her strong points is that she can drain life from her opponent... So at any point in which you can hit confirm a combo, and there's meter, go for it, unless of course the opponent has alot of red health and at that point, I would easily go for an A/D assault in case they try to tag out later. However, you will find people trying to drain as much life as posisble, because in the arcade version, and in ranked matches, time up wins can occur quite frequently if the defense on both teams are solid.

As far as Moriya goes... Well I think he's kinda like Iori with a sword, and a bit of Johnny (GGXX) in there... His ;qcf + ;a / ;b / ;c moves allow him to zone without too much fear of retaliation (Geese, Shishioh, and some ;dp characters can either counter or trade off against these moves)... You can bait jump ins by cancelling his move with ;d , al though you might not see too many people use it, because of the recovery time. You can also buffer in the other versions of this move as well which can serve a purpose at times... This real strong point is its anti-air combo ability, as well as his teleports, since it allows him to get in close, as his primary game isn't  keep-away, its more of rushing down and situational positioning to stay safe...

Because of his rushing tactics, you will probably find yourself hit confirming with a low attack to his rekkas... I believe this is where he truly shines... These rekkas allow him to mix up, and also allows for resets. His counter allows him to combo with a high hitting ;qcf + ;a (I believe this is the high hitting one) to his ;qcb ;qcb + ;a / ;c super.

Moriya's throw is great also. I believe you can't tech it (I will confirm), but it does allow for 2 down attacks (;df + ;c when opponent is grounded), and that does a pretty good amount of damage...

I'm no real expert of Moriya (or Shiki), I wouldn't expect anyone to directly use this playstyle, but its more of a template I guess... Moriya is probably the most solid Last Blade character in this game (and I'm willing to put him over Akari and stand by that decision!!!) because he can be played in so many different ways imo... Even without a projectile or high priority ;dp move, he can still turn the tides of a match as long as the player knows what certain characters are capable of doing... I believe he can even stop Kim and Big if enough time and effort is put into him... Most people don't use the LB characters' counter, so most people don't expect it... Learn the timing of that, because that can lead to so much damage in combos, especially for Moriya...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 11:43:13 PM »
It's me or is nearly imposible to press 2 buttons, less 3 at the same time in NGBC with a normal xbox controller??

Waifu Material

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »
I'm getting into this game myself for the first time really. My best team thus far appears to be Terry/Mr. Karate but I like using almost the entire cast. And I'm liking the sheer knowledge Jinx has on this game. Deffinantly something I wanna be playing more of! Any of you guys hit me up with a PM or Aim or something sometime and ask if I wanna play.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
I'm getting into this game myself for the first time really. My best team thus far appears to be Terry/Mr. Karate but I like using almost the entire cast. And I'm liking the sheer knowledge Jinx has on this game. Deffinantly something I wanna be playing more of! Any of you guys hit me up with a PM or Aim or something sometime and ask if I wanna play.

We'll more than likely hold another session in the near future, maybe with the FT10 setup...

I'm always willing to help out and learn from anyone with this game... I'm actually trying to learn some new characters right now, while beefing up Team Kool-aid and putting up info about those characters... Feel free to share what you come across as well...

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:44 AM »
I think I found a few things with Mai. I don't know if it's new or anything. Just something to take note of, I pulled it off a few times during our sessions. If I have the time, I'll help out with her Wiki.
You're too slow!!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »
I think I found a few things with Mai. I don't know if it's new or anything. Just something to take note of, I pulled it off a few times during our sessions. If I have the time, I'll help out with her Wiki.

Any info is welcomed... Especially since there's not that many Mai players here...