Author Topic: Fight Sticks?  (Read 95757 times)

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Sticks?
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
with badly placed and aligned buttons.

lol you know nothing on about making arcade sticks or quality of a stick you haven't even touched.
Spoiler about artwork on arcade sticks.

[spoiler]Artwork is either really generic or printed a little larger to have it still look good if the art is misaligned.[/spoiler]

Also the warranty kicks ass on the VLX as long you don't open the black box you're allowed to do what ever you want to. cut a hole for a RJ-45, use a different pcb, disconnect the turbo pcb, and switch out buttons you're allowed to do it as long you don't open up that black box.

As for the best stick it is Sega's HSS-0130.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2011, 09:45:07 PM »
The HSS-0130 for the sega saturn is so hard to find and expensive...maybe one day i ll find one at a decent price.That is the only stick besides the vlx i am willing to spend some good money on.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2011, 01:18:57 AM »
HEY GUys, I will buy an stick, but I can't decide between the MC  ROUND2 TOURNAMENT EDITION or a HORI REAL ARCADE PRO.VX SA

Waifu Material

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2011, 02:08:20 AM »
Depends what you want to do with the arcade stick. For just sitting around and playing either one will do just fine.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2011, 02:10:46 AM »
mmm, I seriosuly doubt that I will move them to tournaments, but I want something that feels like it will not broke as soon as I play with it, at least that happened to me with the tekken 6 stick

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
Both are good sticks and won't break easily.Just choose the one you like.The only difference is that the hori stick has the buttons and stick a bit closer to each other (some people say it's annoying but it's just preference/you can adapt - i have big hands and play it with no problems).If i were you i would go with the hori :)
Also the hori is compatible with pc with no problems, as for the madcatz you need a VIA chipset usb board or something to make it work (my TE stick doesn't work on my new laptop because of that stupid shit).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:41:37 AM by KBlackNoah »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »
Here's my sticks -

I mainly use the Namco Arcade Stick on my laptop using a USB converter, while I use the original TE on my PS3. I would use the Sega Virtua Stick High Grade, but a PCB problem that is apparent on many of the earlier models prevents the stick from properly detecting 3 simultaneous button presses.

Also I have a Hori Fighting Commander 3 that I use exclusively for Mortal Kombat -

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
As for the best stick it is Sega's HSS-0130.

I love the Virtua Sticks, especially the ones with the straight stacked 3x3 button layout, and five buttons on the bottom row.  Not like the Mad Catz sticks that have a weird angle on the 3x3 stack that you need to play with two left hands.

If I had a machine shop handy I'd pull the face plate off my Mad Catz and make a plate with the Virtua Stick layout.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:02:08 PM by PurpGuy »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »
Both are good sticks and won't break easily.Just choose the one you like.The only difference is that the hori stick has the buttons and stick a bit closer to each other (some people say it's annoying but it's just preference/you can adapt - i have big hands and play it with no problems).If i were you i would go with the hori :)
Also the hori is compatible with pc with no problems, as for the madcatz you need a VIA chipset usb board or something to make it work (my TE stick doesn't work on my new laptop because of that stupid shit).
Just for the PC issue I'm going with the hori

Waifu Material

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »
I love the Virtua Sticks, especially the ones with the straight stacked 3x3 button layout, and five buttons on the bottom row.  Not like the Mad Catz sticks that have a weird angle on the 3x3 stack that you need to play with two left hands.

If I had a machine shop handy I'd pull the face plate off my Mad Catz and make a plate with the Virtua Stick layout.
Yeah, the most annoying thing about the Mad Catz sticks is that they use Viewlix layout instead of Astro City.

Just for the PC issue I'm going with the hori
Mad Catz and Hori sticks both have less-than-universal PC compatability.  Hori sticks tend to be slightly more likely to work (although I used to have a PS3 Round 2 TE and currently have a X360 Round 2 TE modded to work on PS2 and PS3 as well, and I've never had a problem using either of them  on windows PCs), but if you're going to be using the stick primarily on PC, I'd suggest making sure you can get your money back in case it doesn't work.

In general, HRAPs and TEs are about equally good in terms of stick/button quality, but if there's little/no price difference, I'd recommend the HRAP VX SA over a Round 2 because the layout is a little more comfortable for playing on your lap.
Old man/bad player

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2011, 11:43:30 PM »
Actually, I already had an stick pc with happ parts, but if the thing could work in a PC too, it will be very cool

Waifu Material

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
Yeah, the most annoying thing about the Mad Catz sticks is that they use Viewlix layout instead of Astro City.

I wonder if I could pull the buttons out, slap some Bondo into the holes, and drill new ones?  I'll need a pretty big drill bit.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2011, 06:42:53 AM »
anyone know where i can get some good art for B15 to make my stick. I'm looking for Klonoa art. I see people with all this great art for their stick but I can never find any site for art.
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
Try http://www.creativeuncut.com for video game art.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
I bought the hori VX PRO

I will upload pics later.

I had problems playing with it, I had been really used to play with a 360 d-pad, so it will took some time practicing, also the buttons are very snesible imo

Waifu Material