Author Topic: Fight Sticks?  (Read 95801 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Sticks?
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »
So I was looking around some of the old controller sI have and came upon something I completely forgot I had. I have the SNK variant Agetec ASCII FT stick for the Dreamcast version of CvS2. I even forgot that it came with the index cards of SNK character showing off their movelist.

Since I don't play with Japanese setups, anyone know what I should try to sell this thing for? Hell, I'll probably just give away the cards if anyone is interested.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2012, 12:48:54 AM »
My eightarc ISO PS3 Onyx is now in hand. Great stick. Nice weight, controls as expected. The felt bottom and detachable cable are indispensable. Best stick I've ever had. This replaces my excer KOF XII stick which was also pretty decent, but I couldn't replace a bad button on that bc it's setup so you can do virtually no modding.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2012, 09:48:37 PM »
So I was looking around some of the old controller sI have and came upon something I completely forgot I had. I have the SNK variant Agetec ASCII FT stick for the Dreamcast version of CvS2. I even forgot that it came with the index cards of SNK character showing off their movelist.

Since I don't play with Japanese setups, anyone know what I should try to sell this thing for? Hell, I'll probably just give away the cards if anyone is interested.

PM'd.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2012, 02:23:23 AM »
My eightarc ISO PS3 Onyx is now in hand. Great stick. Nice weight, controls as expected. The felt bottom and detachable cable are indispensable. Best stick I've ever had. This replaces my excer KOF XII stick which was also pretty decent, but I couldn't replace a bad button on that bc it's setup so you can do virtually no modding.

Have noticed that the non-game buttons like start/select/home/etc. register inputs twice on one press.

Probably luck of the draw, but this makes angry...

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
Here is my MOTW TE joystick (Paewang Revolution MC mod with sanwa buttons) along with my two old KOF TE joysticks (both are now MC Cthulhu/ 360 Madcatz fight-pads dual-mods with seimitsu buttons):

Does anyone else play KOF XIII with a MC Cthulhu modded stick on the PS3?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:58:24 PM by AmedoS310 »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
My Eightarc Fusion has arrived. Excellent, as advertised; feels much more accurate playing KOF13 now.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2012, 01:17:07 AM »
My Eightarc Fusion has arrived. Excellent, as advertised; feels much more accurate playing KOF13 now.

Nice Solid, hope to take my ISO against your fusion online at some point ;)

What time you usually on these days? haven't caught u in a while.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:18:43 AM by BioBooster »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2012, 05:30:27 AM »

Nice Solid, hope to take my ISO against your fusion online at some point ;)

What time you usually on these days? haven't caught u in a while.

I'll be on most of today, and much more consistency with this new stick. Can't wait to fight you again.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »
I got a story and a question. For a hot second I've been trying to pick up a new stick. All the stores in the area are sold out. I took a trip to the Chicago area and they were sold out as well. On the way back I finally got a chance to swing into an inport store I love and picked up a Hori RAP EX. I end up playing this for a few days and suddenly get an unexpected package in the mail. My wife bought me a Hori RAP VX with a regular Hori VX.

Now I played with both sticks and except for the turbo, weight, and button layout is there any realreason they changed from EX to VX? My wife commented that she couldn't get the ex style anymore so she was panicked I wouldn't like the new style. Personally I'm still debating on which one I like more.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure the Hori RAP EX uses stock Hori parts, save for the stick I think (?), and the Hori VX uses all stock Hori parts. It's just the build that is different.

Wingshot7777

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2012, 09:50:07 PM »
I have the Street Fighter IV TE with a triple mod PCB that Steamwolf put in. Works for me, and it's hella awesome using it over a 360 controller for RB2. :)

JonMcBon

• New Challenger
  • The only McBon
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »
I think this is the right place to post, so here I go. I just got a Qanba Q4RAF and am making some artwork for it. I was looking for opinions (One is for KOF XIII and the other for Street Fighter x Tekken) and is there anything that I could do to improve them.

Street Fighter x Tekken: http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g336/JonMcBon/Qanba/Q4-t2_SFXT3.jpg

King of Fighters XIII: http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g336/JonMcBon/Qanba/Q4-t2_12_2.jpg

I know that they're pretty basic, but I'm just working within my limitations.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:48:04 PM by JonMcBon »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:30 AM »
I wouldn't be the right one to ask for artistic direction, but the sfxt one looks amazing.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2012, 06:36:19 AM »
The SFxT image has a better flow to it. The KOF art looks like a simple mish mash of images.

I'm a big fan of simple stick art because I hate it when characters have a stick growing out of them or are hidden under buttons.

JonMcBon

• New Challenger
  • The only McBon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2012, 06:59:58 AM »
Thanks for the comment. I made a modification to the first one. I found a png of Hwoarang, so I swapped out Law for him.

Here are two new ones for KOF XIII. They're simplistic designs, but that's what I was going for.