Author Topic: Fight Sticks?  (Read 95771 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Sticks?
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »
Does anybody here know where to buy a sega 8 button circuit board? It's for the saturn version of the astro city joystick panel.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Ion317

• New Challenger
  • Heavy Handed
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2012, 08:50:24 AM »
Here are my 3 arcade sticks:

A Sega Saturn Virtua Stick HSS-0136 (old faithful), a EightArc Fusion (Tournament Stick), and a custom homemade stick based off a MC Cthuhlu chip + RJ-45 Ethernet setup (basically covers everything except the Xbox 360).

The EightArc and custom sticks both have octagonal gates and Link Quick-Releases (makes 'em way more back pack friendly), and I just did the Sanwa JLF "Ultimate Mod" on them.  I like the quicker reactions and shorter throw, but I'm still getting used to the increased effort that they require now.

DarkCoffin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
I haven't touched an arcade stick in so long.. Being a semi-broke college student, I just grabbed the Hori Fighting Stick V3 for $60 with my copy of KoF XIII - which came with the bonus pre-order CD's which is both awesome and sad.

Honestly have no idea how terribly (?) this stacks up with say a $200 stick. People seem to say it's a good entry level one, though, and I'm definitely liking it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:36:18 PM by DarkCoffin »
PSN: Sushi-maru

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
^ The Hori stick works for the most part but they have always had problems with multiple button presses at one time. I always tend to hit the buttons harder to compensate but it can be frustrating in a very competitive matchup. If you're playing casually it's a good stick. If you want better the hori real arcade pros and madcatz tournament sticks can usually be found starting around $120 (madcatz is usually more but sometimes you see them on sale), but I wouldn't drop the major cheddar unless you're hardcore getting into a particular fighter and feel the hori stick is holding you back.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »
I just grabbed the Hori Fighting Stick V3 for $60

For 30-40 dollars more, you could of bought Hori's Soul Calibur V stick, which comes with all Sanwa parts.

Newegg is selling them right now for $99 w/ free shipping.

They are also selling the Street Fighter X Tekken Pro sticks for $99 w/ free shipping as well, those also have sanwa parts.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=arcade+stick&x=0&y=0

Hungry Color

• New Challenger
  • Bread N' Butter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »

That Andy Zan'eikan stick is boss.

Had to zoom in to see Mai showing Andy the goodies and Andy flipping out.

I wonder if he's in the closet?

DarkCoffin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:29 PM »
^ The Hori stick works for the most part but they have always had problems with multiple button presses at one time. I always tend to hit the buttons harder to compensate but it can be frustrating in a very competitive matchup.
Ok yeah I definitely noticed that. Did the same thing. I just figured my timing had to be pretty spot on or something. :/

I can see that that might get annoying eventually lol.
PSN: Sushi-maru

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »
My new stick

My only problem is that I'm not used to square gates and I fail qcb+hcf or qcf+hcb moves. Is really frustrating. I don't know if I'm going to get used or if I will have to change square gate for an octogonal one.. but there is not octogonal for Fanta Stick PX...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »

my HRAP3 SE and HRAP Unicorn. I need Seimitsu in my life.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
Does anybody know if they discontinued the $60 HORI Fighting Stick V3 or not? Every time I check their website it's always out of stock.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
Yeah they are pretty much discontinued, and I wouldn't recommend it anyways since it would be a bitch to mod.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2012, 07:37:57 AM »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 24, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

I always wanted to get that Sega High Grade Stick,ever since I saw it awhile back.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
I've decided to change the artwork for both of my sticks and add a Yagami clan symbol dustwasher to one of the sticks:

I'm going to change the balltops into battops when they arrive in the mail.

MusicalxFelony

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 22, 2013, 04:08:48 AM »
mai stick, i sanded and painted the side panels and put in the arc eyes 3 for the LED light buttons and the remora to control it & connected that with the ps360+ & FG widget to control the LED balltop so it fades out when i move it. im thinking about reversing that effect though so it lights up instead of out when i move it. if any of you guys have questions feel free to ask.